Late 2015 & Early 2016 US Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Re: Late 2015 & Early 2016 US Tour

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

mbbrose wrote: I'm excited to write up a good review from this concert.
I look forward to reading it!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:
mbbrose wrote: I'm excited to write up a good review from this concert.
I look forward to reading it!
I second that!

I will be there as well. mbbrose, maybe we will run into each other? :D

I am not a great review writer because I can never remember all of the details without writing notes and I do not believe I could do that well during a concert. Unlike my other concert experience, I am not in the nosebleed section and will actually be able to see the performance. I will definitely post highlights.

Do you guys think this concert will be mostly Christmas songs because of the proximity on the calendar? How much of the concert will be made up of those?
mbbrose

Post by mbbrose »

Surpinto wrote: Do you guys think this concert will be mostly Christmas songs because of the proximity on the calendar? How much of the concert will be made up of those?
I'm thinking it will be lots of the Christmas songs, which is great because I love Christmas music. I'm definitely hoping to hear Gaudete, the Wexford Carol and Carol of the Bells live. Maybe there will be a few others that aren't Christmas. Didn't they also record Voca Me when then did the Amagh recording? It will be interesting to see!
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

mbbrose wrote:
Surpinto wrote: Do you guys think this concert will be mostly Christmas songs because of the proximity on the calendar? How much of the concert will be made up of those?
I'm thinking it will be lots of the Christmas songs, which is great because I love Christmas music. I'm definitely hoping to hear Gaudete, the Wexford Carol and Carol of the Bells live. Maybe there will be a few others that aren't Christmas. Didn't they also record Voca Me when then did the Amagh recording? It will be interesting to see!
Looking at the Norwood concert from last year the set lists is made up of roughly one-half Christmas music. I guess that is typical, right? Yes, they did Voca Me. I like a lot of their Christmas songs and it will be the season for that indeed. But man I sure wish they do the repertoire they just did in the UK. Oh well, it will be wonderful just the same :D.
wpgoalie03

Post by wpgoalie03 »

For any Texas residents who are interested in attending one of the upcoming shows, Southwest Airlines flights to Phoenix out of Dallas are currently very cheap! I booked the early departing flight on the 27th and the late returning flight on the 28th, and paid $82 round trip. Now, to find a cheap rental car to Tucson!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

@wpgoalie03 : you book a flight to Phoenix and you're looking to rent a car for Tucson ? :shock:
But haven't these two concerts been cancelled ?
About Phoenix, this was only mentioned as a possibility before being abandoned, we not even know which venue was concerned.

On libera.org there's only one concert scheduled for the October tour, it's the one in Cerritos.

In his blogs the Pittsburgh concert rising from the ashes and happy days JR wrote the concerts for October and December and he speaks about 1 concert for October: Cerritos. No Phoenix nor Tucson.

I really wish Libera will soon publish an official announce about the October tour, so we can start to organize things.
There was no many changes and cancellations on libera.org that I can't rely on that site to engage myself on non-refundable plane tickets. :roll:
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Southwest flights are generally refundable.

Yes, the Tucson concert has been removed from the Libera.(dis)org(anised) website - but tickets are still being offered for sale by the venue.
I too would like to know what's really going on. There is an event I would like to attend in the UK on the 24th October - which would mean sacrificing the Cerritos concert.
If the Tucson concert is still to take place, my decision would be much easier as I could at least get to that one and still attend the UK event.
kringle

Post by kringle »

Same here. Knowing about Tucson would be helpful. I have a flight to California booked and a flight home from Mexico. I just have to get from California to Mexico but it would be good to know if I'm leaving from California on October 26 or from Tucson on October 28.
kringle

Post by kringle »

...went to the Fox Theatre site today just to check and while Libera is still listed under Shows and Events, when you click on Buy Tickets, it says "(No performances available)" above their photo. Anyone else seeing that?

https://foxtucsontheatre.ticketforce.co ... sp?evt=694
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

The same as you Kent, no more tickets buying possible.
At least the situation starts to clarify a bit ?
wpgoalie03

Post by wpgoalie03 »

I just received an email from the Fox Theater in Tucson informing me that the concert has, indeed, been cancelled. Bummer.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

wpgoalie03 wrote:I just received an email from the Fox Theater in Tucson informing me that the concert has, indeed, been cancelled. Bummer.
I'm so sorry to hear that :(. Do you think you can make it to Cerritos? It's not close by any measure, but is it possible for you?

On another note, JR just tweeted that if you can't make the concert you can buy the set of 3 Libera footballs and have 1 ball be held by him to be autographed in Cerritos. Cool! :D

And there is apparently a new Christmas song that will be available for purchase on iTunes, played in malls, Walmart's, KFC, etc in North America; according to a different JR tweet. I wonder what that will be?
Last edited by Surpinto on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Lets see, which Christmas song *haven't* they done?
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

alcesalcesobservator wrote:Lets see, which Christmas song *haven't* they done?
"Grandma got runover by a reindeer"
Last edited by TullyBascombe on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
wpgoalie03

Post by wpgoalie03 »

Surpinto wrote:
wpgoalie03 wrote:I just received an email from the Fox Theater in Tucson informing me that the concert has, indeed, been cancelled. Bummer.
I'm so sorry to hear that :(. Do you think you can make it to Cerritos? It's not close by any measure, but is it possible for you?

On another note, JR just tweeted that if you can't make the concert you can buy the set of 3 Libera footballs and have 1 ball be held by him to be autographed in Cerritos. Cool! :D

And there is apparently a new Christmas song that will be available for purchase on iTunes, played in malls, Walmart's, KFC, etc in North America; according to a different JR tweet. I wonder what that will be?
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately, the Tucson concert was the only one that was going to work with the on-call schedule I operate under at my job. There will be other opportunities though!