Post by Karppoo »

Now we have 3 tickets in D line!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Guildford 2015

Post by Yorkie »

Well done,

For anybody interested tickets are on sale here
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

Can't believe I managed to buy this ticket :D finally a front(ish) seat :D
I'm in D line as well :D
muffin818

Post by muffin818 »

I am so unbelievably excited for this because it will be my first Libera concert and I managed to book seats in row G. I just hope I'll be able to get a glimpse of Steven Geraghty.
"And I saw a new heaven
For the first heaven
And the first earth
Are passed away.

Illumina perpetua.

And there shall be no more death
Neither sorrow
Nor crying
For these are passed away."
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

muffin818 wrote:I am so unbelievably excited for this because it will be my first Libera concert and I managed to book seats in row G. I just hope I'll be able to get a glimpse of Steven Geraghty.
Congratulations, I'm sure Steven will be there too. Always memorable that first concert even though it rushes by so quickly. Even though seats are allocated I'm sure there will be a quite a few early arrivers as it is always fun to catch up with friends we haven't seen since the last show. If you want to introduce yourself you'll be more than welcome.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

muffin818 wrote:I am so unbelievably excited for this because it will be my first Libera concert and I managed to book seats in row G. I just hope I'll be able to get a glimpse of Steven Geraghty.
I remember my first concert like it was yesterday. I caught an advertisement in a nation newspaper and booked a ticket. Months later, I was touring Canada with some great fans. Its been quite an amazing journey theses past few years, and I have experienced things that could only of dreamed of. All thanks to Libera.

I'm sure for you, this is just the start of many concerts to come. Arrive a little early, and you will meet a few of us. I cant speak for myself, but the rest are a great bunch of folk.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:Well done,

For anybody interested tickets are on sale here
Only 15 premiums left, so hurry.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

A friend of mine wishes to go to this concert after I have harped on about how great Libera are for a long time now. By any chance, is there any spare premium ticket available here? It would be this guy's first Libera concert and I would love for him to be able to go. Thanks!
"You are not alone"
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Choirfan wrote:A friend of mine wishes to go to this concert after I have harped on about how great Libera are for a long time now. By any chance, is there any spare premium ticket available here? It would be this guy's first Libera concert and I would love for him to be able to go. Thanks!
Sorry, I don't have a spare but if I hear of one I'll let you know.

Mercy & Love
yllwfsh

Post by yllwfsh »

Hi Guys!

I'm planning to go to the concert as well but I heard about it too late, so now i got two regular tickets :(

Anyone by any chance have two premium tickets available? I would be sooooooo grateful. I missed the last two or three uk concerts because of work, so I'm dying to go again :))

Renzo
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back.
May the rains fall soft upon you, and the sun shine warm upon your face.
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Hi Renzo,

I put out an appeal for one premium ticket for another friend that wants to attend, but I didn't get any offers so far. So I bought him a regular ticket as he will go along anyway. Luckily, I managed to get a premium ticket for myself and a friend when they were on sale (or rather thanks to another regular here).

You never know on the day someone may have a spare premium or two, that is the best we can hope for. As its been 18 months since I last attended a Libera concert, i am very much looking forward to this one too. :D
"You are not alone"
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

No reviews?

Well, as was the case at Arundel in 2014, the program was almost exactly the same as for the recent US tour so just read the reviews for those concerts and multiply by 150% taking into consideration the cathedral ambience and acoustics.

No, make that 200% for the addition to the program of “Dreaming of Home”, a showcase for the rich pure tone of Tom D-L’s astounding voice with such remarkable control and range - alone worth crossing the Atlantic to hear.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks for this short but faithful review John :mrgreen:

I have prepared mine yesterday in the train heading to Paris yesterday but I did it on paper... and only up to intermission !
As you said, some parts will be taken from the April reviews.
Hopefully I will post it tomorrow or Wednesday.

George has posted his review and some photos on his blog (in Russian).
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

john45 wrote:No reviews?

Well, as was the case at Arundel in 2014, the program was almost exactly the same as for the recent US tour so just read the reviews for those concerts and multiply by 150% taking into consideration the cathedral ambience and acoustics.

No, make that 200% for the addition to the program of “Dreaming of Home”, a showcase for the rich pure tone of Tom D-L’s astounding voice with such remarkable control and range - alone worth crossing the Atlantic to hear.
That sounds lovely. Wish I could have been there. One of these years...
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

No review from me either because I didn't make notes and my memory isn't all that great (especially after a few Peronis and a distinct lack of sleep).

I can add a something a little similar to John in that Guildford Cathedral does make a good venue for a Libera concert. It is modern and lacks the prettiness of something 500 - 900 years older but it has modern facilities and a nice amount of echo. Libera were able to put in quite a high stage (which they were able to erect in no time under mine and Patrick's watchful eye) which I'm sure was a great help to the folks further back. The event was very well organised and managed by the Libera team (shout out to Dave Stephens & Richard Chen) - numbered seating really makes a huge difference - no unseemly running or ugly scrums in the queue. Very sadly ( :wink: ) I was right at the front but I suspect that from further back the lighting affects were excellent.

Stand out songs for me in an all round excellent concert were Voca Me (my favourite Libera song), Danny Boy, How Great Thou Art, Wayfaring Stranger, Wings of a Dove & Dreaming of Home. on Danny Boy the harmonies between Isaac (who started off alone & kneeling) and then the additional boys (Alessandro & Sam and then Alex M & Camden) was stunning and all A cappella.

Now I have to admit here that before the concert I was wondering whether Tom would still be in possession of his full Treble voice. Well, no need to worry about that! His O For The Wings Of A Dove, not an easy song to sing well, was perfect and he could still reach those big notes on Dreaming of Home.

Something interesting was that they videoed quite a lot of the goings on of the day and the concert and afterwards talked to some fans to get their thoughts on the concert. It had the feel of something that might be used for a promo video so maybe we will see some of the snippets from the concert at some point...

Mercy & Love