USA spring tour 2015...

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

katyafan
Silver Member

Re: USA spring tour 2015...

Post by katyafan »

I wish they would come to the West Coast again!! It is just too expensive to travel to the other side of the country for me. I look forward to hearing about it from any of you who go, have a wonderful time!!!!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Surpinto wrote:Another concert announced for this tour, this time in Boston, Massachusetts on Wednesday April 1st. Seems to have been announced on the US affiliate website only. Hope it's not an April Fool's Day joke :lol:

http://libera.org/event/boston-ma/

The venue is The Wilbur Theatre.
Thanks Surpinto - I have now moved all information to the original posting and listed in chronological order - the 5th concert still awaits official confirmation status.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
mbbrose

Post by mbbrose »

Got my tickets for the DC concert! After the concert at the basilica in the summer I was able to talk to Robert Prizeman. He was astounded at the turn out and seemed very optimistic of returning to the east coast. The fan base is building for them to return and it's great!
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

mbbrose wrote:The fan base is building for them to return and it's great!
I'm really excited that LIbera is returning to the US, but have to say that I'm just a bit disappointed that they're focused in on the east and south again. Granted, they have had awesome turnouts there, but I just wish they'd give the midwest another chance. The turnouts for the 2010 (I think it was 2010) concerts in Minnesota that were announced with very little time in advance were no doubt a disappointment to them, but they were going to be in the Twin Cities anyway. I know, I know, it's just because I live here and want another chance to see them, but I think with more time to advertise for the concerts they would have had better attendance.

No offense to anyone who will be able to joyfully make it to the concerts on these tours, I truly celebrate with you. I just have a bit of a bitter taste left from the perhaps one and only chance I'll get to see my favorite group of singers. Sorry to be a downer here. I just read of how people say that this is a remarkable group, that the soloists this time around are like no other, etc, and I die a little inside each time. :)
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

The concert in St. Charles has been officially announced by Libera as being scheduled for April 8th.
Illinois is only two states away from you, Lux! :)
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

tom413 wrote:The concert in St. Charles has been officially announced by Libera as being scheduled for April 8th.
Illinois is only two states away from you, Lux! :)
Has it? Well then, a road trip may be in my future! Ahh, hope and potential happiness...they feel good.
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Ohhhh boyyyyy! I ordered my tickets for the St. Charles concert so I'm in it now! Can't wait... :D
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

So on a whim I went to the ticket site for the Washington DC performance on April 2 to see how many tickets have been sold thus far since I plan on attending this particular performance. What I saw was that a bunch of seats have now opened up in rows 3 - 5 (not the actual designations) that were previously sold! I have included a screenshot with the seats in question blocked in red.

Does anyone have any idea what has happened or why that many seats would suddenly open up?

I am nervous that they will cancel performances just like they did in Spring 2014 because one-third of the total seats are not even sold yet and we get ever closer to the concert. And for that many cancellations (if that is what it is) to happen seems odd especially since these are premium seats probably scooped up early by fans.

And, yes, if they cancel the one in DC I will not see them at all :(
Thunderhawk261
Silver Member

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

Hello All,

I've been gone from this site for about a year and a half. I just bought my ticket for the San Antonio show. Who else will be there?

I'm fairly familiar with San Antonio, as I live "just up the road" in Round Rock and visit San Antonio quite often. It is my favorite city in Texas.

Left Orchestra Pit Row 3 Seat 3
kringle

Post by kringle »

Surpinto wrote:So on a whim I went to the ticket site for the Washington DC performance on April 2 to see how many tickets have been sold thus far since I plan on attending this particular performance. What I saw was that a bunch of seats have now opened up in rows 3 - 5 (not the actual designations) that were previously sold! I have included a screenshot with the seats in question blocked in red.

Does anyone have any idea what has happened or why that many seats would suddenly open up?

I am nervous that they will cancel performances just like they did in Spring 2014 because one-third of the total seats are not even sold yet and we get ever closer to the concert. And for that many cancellations (if that is what it is) to happen seems odd especially since these are premium seats probably scooped up early by fans.

And, yes, if they cancel the one in DC I will not see them at all :(
I heard that the rows were being held for season ticket holders of the Warner Center and would be released if they weren't filled. That happens quite often. I went to the site today too and when I saw the seats were available, I bought two in third row (Row A).
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

kringle wrote:
I heard that the rows were being held for season ticket holders of the Warner Center and would be released if they weren't filled. That happens quite often. I went to the site today too and when I saw the seats were available, I bought two in third row (Row A).
What a relief! Thank you for letting me know, I was worried. Glad to hear you got good seats :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I was reading the blog posts on the Libera.org website and was intrigued by the comment posted by John Rexroad:

"The boys hope you can make it to one of their concerts in April. We are working so that each concert will be a bit different. A new surprise for both new and old supporters."

What could that be? Different set lists or perhaps different soloists at each concert???
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Those that will be lucky enough to attend the 5 concerts will be delighted to scrutinize every little difference from one to the other :)
mbbrose

Post by mbbrose »

I wonder if we will see the come back of any older songs...still hoping to hear "I am the day" in concert some day!!

When I was at the DC filming this summer I got to talk to RP for a few and he mentioned that the high notes are strong (hence doing Voca Me)...of course the middle and lows are there. maybe we will hear some of the older repertoire that sounds like it's s little more complex in the range parts.

Did anyone ever come across a concert order from the concert in Russia?
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

mbbrose wrote:Did anyone ever come across a concert order from the concert in Russia?
It was posted here by Yorkie http://www.forum.libera-dreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2161&start=15#p45091