Arundel 2014

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Sigi

Re: Arundel concert anounced

Post by Sigi »

(oh, I've learned, it would be correct to say: "If I owned a church..." right?) :mrgreen:
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

No jesting involved John. I have been a longtime fan of the ESC and have only missed one in the last 25 years or so.

Added to that, my english friend who accompanies me to some of Libera's concerts will be over here that weekend for a sporting event and will surely expect me to be around. So i guess it isn't meant to be this time. :|

And Horticult, the junior contest is not something i have seen much over the years, probably because it is not broadcast on mainstream channels. but i have seen some youtube videos and loved the Azerbaijan entry from 2013
"You are not alone"
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

[quote=
And Horticult, the junior contest is not something i have seen much over the years, probably because it is not broadcast on mainstream channels. but i have seen some youtube videos and loved the Azerbaijan entry from 2013[/quote]

Yes, kids are discriminated against all the time because they are not taken seriously as human beings. Even if they do marvellous things, like Libera does. So mainstream tv usually ignores them, or make a gimmick out of them.
Johan
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Choirfan wrote:No jesting involved John. I have been a longtime fan of the ESC and have only missed one in the last 25 years or so.
I must confess I haven't seen it in many years, but I am old enough to remember that the songs were usually dreadful with rubbish like that from Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson coming close to winning in the 50s. Other than "Waterloo" (Abba), is there any song that gets any current replays on radio? Since 1989 the judging seems to be politically motivated - but who really cares.
Couldn't you record it anyway ?
On the other hand, a Libera concert has to be experienced live to be fully appreciated. The choir is currently in fine form with many soloists of truly remarkable talent. I have heard that RP also has some surprises in store.
Your choice, I know, but I think you might be missing something really special if you choose not to attend.

John
Karppoo

Post by Karppoo »

now two Premium tickets to Arundel is OK !!!! :D :D :D :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

3 premium bought for me :)
The ticketsource site is efficient, everything went OK, the sale opened right at 14:00:00 :)
Karppoo

Post by Karppoo »

yes, Ticketsource is very good to sell tickets...
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

I have 2 x Premium tickets available for anyone who missed out. Purchased 4 tickets but can now only use 2. Anyone interested? Face value plus booking fee - total £62.10.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

I hurried yesterday to get my premium ticket in time as last time they sold out in 15 minutes. But now after a day there seem to be still plenty available. Is nobody going? I don't understand.
Johan
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Horticult2000 wrote:I hurried yesterday to get my premium ticket in time as last time they sold out in 15 minutes. But now after a day there seem to be still plenty available. Is nobody going? I don't understand.
Johan
I think many people will struggle to get there with the months notice - I already had plans for that weekend myself. Hopefully, they will sell soon; there's usually a lot of family members at Arundel...
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Sigi

Post by Sigi »

Well, if Scotty could beam me to there...
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Not for me sadly, out of the country :( haven't managed a non-Xmas concert for a long time!
Danie :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Just checked the current level of ticket sales for Arundel. There are 11 of 100 premium tickets still available and 250 of 250 normal tickets available.... :(

I'm a bit surprised that only 250 normal priced tickets went on sale - I thought Arundel would could hold more? Given the number of friends and family that have attended previous Arundel concerts do you think they have made other arrangements for families and hence the low demand for tickets?

At this rate it will be a real treat for those of you who can make it - a very intimate concert.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Yorkie wrote:Just checked the current level of ticket sales for Arundel. There are 11 of 100 premium tickets still available and 250 of 250 normal tickets available.... :(
9 premium tickets left now - and I've still got 2 for sale. £50 the pair if anyone wants them after the remaining premium seats have gone ....... :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Suddenly, from 50+ tickets available to only 8 tickets (7 x Premium, 1 x General) !