Libera on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" & "Today" (NBC)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Libera on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" & "Today" (NB

Post by TullyBascombe »

A person would have to have an Instagram account inorder to do that.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

TullyBascombe wrote:A person would have to have an Instagram account inorder to do that.
It seemed to work for me, and I don't have an account.
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Just watched it! There were a lot of boys present (about 20? I'm bad with estimations). They sang Carol of the Bells. I think the sound quality could have been a bit better (might have been because I was watching it on a semi-low volume in a college dorm...) and the audience started clapping before Cassius had finished his "that is the song", but overall it was great!
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

I just saw them on Leno! Bit disappointed that there was no interview, but I'll get over it. Performance sounded a little echo-y to me, but not too bad and with the different set up probably couldn't be helped. I only recognize a few of the boys now, and it makes me feel so out of the loop. Oh well, I hope lots of people watched because I think they did a good job - but I've never heard that song sung live before so I can't be entirely sure. I'm excited anyway!
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Szepilona wrote:Just watched it! There were a lot of boys present (about 20? I'm bad with estimations). They sang Carol of the Bells. I think the sound quality could have been a bit better (might have been because I was watching it on a semi-low volume in a college dorm...) and the audience started clapping before Cassius had finished his "that is the song", but overall it was great!
Yup, totally agree. I forgot to mention the applauding before Cassius' last line, and there were more boys there than I expected to see but I didn't think to count, I was just listening.
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

I wish the boys had been given more time. I was afraid my DVR would run out before they were done. Nevertheless, it was good to see them on national TV. I think there were about 25 boys. It was nice to see Josh on keyboards even though he wasn't singing.

I was wrong, it was 22 boys. I guess my eyes were a little foggy at about 1:00 in the morning (my time).
Last edited by BruceH on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

They were 22 on the stage, with a nice lot of musicians behind them and they sung live :)

Here a recording made by Kent, from Canada, big thanks to him :)

[youtube][/youtube]
Last edited by fan_de_LoK on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Everyone who sang in the last concert at St George's was there apart from Carlos and Matthew Rangel-Alvares.
It was nice to see that pretty much everyone made the trip over for the show!

I expected a little more choreography than what I saw. I also thought Lucas and Cassius sounded particularly
strong in tonight's performance - Cassius had to be strong to finish out over the applause. :)
kringle

Post by kringle »

fan_de_LoK wrote:They were 22 on the stage, with a nice lot of musicians behind them and they sung live :)

Here a recording made by Kent, from Canada, big thanks to him :)

[youtube][/youtube]
I knew this would happen, but NBC filed a copyright claim and YT blocked the video worldwide. They're pretty ruthless with videos from the Tonight Show, especially when they're high definition. It was worth a shot, anyway! :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

kringle wrote:I knew this would happen, but NBC filed a copyright claim and YT blocked the video worldwide. They're pretty ruthless with videos from the Tonight Show, especially when they're high definition. It was worth a shot, anyway! :)
A big thank you to you again Kent for your upload ! :D
You were incredibly fast to put it online, and in HD mode !! wow !!
I cross my fingers you can do it again in a couple of days :mrgreen:

The video can now be seen on the official Youtube channel of the show :
[youtube][/youtube]

And an image from the NBC site :)

Nice image, it shows clearly all the 22 boys and Robert's silhouette guiding them :)
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

To all those who "don't know who the boys are anymore:" the Libera Historical Timeline, part 6A has a photo near the end from the Armagh recording session identifying them all by name/face. Lexi at Mini-Angels also posted ID shots at the time. No reason not to know who's who.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thanks Amie :)
You should have added a link to your message ;)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

...by far the best in-studio TV performance by Libera to date. The considerable budget and stage setup for a show like Jay Leno obviously brought out the best in the boys. They sounded great. The balance between instrumental & vocals was pitched just right for me. So good to see a near full concert turnout too! Can't tell you how frustrated I was this morning when my ISP was down and I had to leave for work without catching it, and wait until now to watch it. Hopefully this will cement their already No1 position in the US Classical Traditional charts and gain them new followers, with 'Today' still to come...

It's nice to see they still have a great working relationship with 'Mark Mckenzie' too ...

My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Very nice find, thank you Jimmy !! :D
Hopefully Mark McKenzie and Robert Prizeman will do other collaborations in the futur, Benedictus Deus is so wonderful :)

Here another kind of photos :

It look like photo taken by someone seated in the public during the recording of the Jay Leno show, but the copyright of the photos is said "NBC", so it's official photos.
The site is proposing to sell the photos, for professional use, so it's expensive :mrgreen:

http://www.gettyimages.fr/Search/Search ... =459264347
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

chris17 wrote:
TullyBascombe wrote:A person would have to have an Instagram account inorder to do that.
It seemed to work for me, and I don't have an account.
When I click on the picture I'm taken to a log in page. Since I don't have an account I can't log in.