Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Lauren
Silver Member

Libera on UK Radio Dec 8, 2013

Post by Lauren »

Libera just tweeted,
"On our way to do some early morning radio shows...stay tuned!" and

"Make sure you tune in to many BBC stations around the UK this morning, including York and Sheffield for Libera interviews."

So if you live in the UK, make sure to listen for them. And please record it for the rest of us to hear! :lol:
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Libera on UK Radio Dec 8, 2013

Post by Yorkie »

So far we have found them on West Midlands, York & Merseyside. Jimmy captured a couple:

Radio Interviews

I found this Merseyside starting at 2:21:35 (needs capturing as will only last a week).

#edited to add#

BBC Newcastle starting about 2:52:40

BBC Derby nice background intro at 1:36:15 and interview with Kav & Cassius at 1:47:00

They were due to appear on BBC Jersey but due to live radio the host connected to the wrong studio! They did make it to Guernsey though 1:07:10 and we learn Cassius is named for the great boxer himself.

BBC Cornwall 1:30:20

BBC Oxford 1:23:30

BBC Solent 2:23:05

BBC Wiltshire have recorded their interview to air "on a Sunday morning between now and Christmas".
Last edited by Yorkie on Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I've uploaded some of the interviews so far; you can listen to them at http://www.chirbit.com/JimmyRiddle

Thanks Yorkie and other's on twitter, although I have been going through the radio programs too, some of your time links have helped greatly! They sure were busy this morning!

P.S. although the interviews tend to follow the same path, there's some interesting insights to each one and a little nice banter between them.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I've uploaded some of the interviews so far; you can listen to them at http://www.chirbit.com/JimmyRiddle

Thanks Yorkie and other's on twitter, although I have been going through the radio programs too, some of your time links have helped greatly! They sure were busy this morning!

P.S. although the interviews tend to follow the same path, there's some interesting insights to each one and a little nice banter between them.
Good team work Jimmy - you can record them for posterity as these links will only last for a week on iPlayer

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:Good team work Jimmy - you can record them for posterity as these links will only last for a week on iPlayer
Yep, taking a break now though - I think my favourites were the Guernsey & Newcastle interviews, and just to make sure you've all been doing your homework, what did Cassius say he 'might' like to be when he get's older?
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Good team work Jimmy - you can record them for posterity as these links will only last for a week on iPlayer
Yep, taking a break now though - I think my favourites were the Guernsey & Newcastle interviews, and just to make sure you've all been doing your homework, what did Cassius say he 'might' like to be when he get's older?
Be a vet 8) What do I win?

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Just to tidy up this thread, Jimmy has download the interviews and saved them HERE

Just need to add the BBC Oxford and BBC Solent ones Jimmy :D

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:Just to tidy up this thread, Jimmy has download the interviews and saved them HERE

Just need to add the BBC Oxford and BBC Solent ones Jimmy :D
...and BBC Norfolk...

All done now, even the stations which didn't carry an interview played songs and mentioned the CD/DVD so it really was a nationwide campaign by Libera today, to gain some awareness. BBC Wiltshire mentioned the boys will be interviewed in the coming weeks, so perhaps still some mopping up to do.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
labbie

Post by labbie »

Jimmy, thank you for posting these interviews. I had a chance to listen to a couple of them. Kavana, Cassius and Jude express themselves well in conversations with presenters, perhaps another incentive for parents to encourage their sons to audition for this group; the training and experience that these boys receive in presenting themselves to people all over the world, skills that can be useful when they are branching out into the worlds of higher education and work.
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

Just to comment on Kavana's remark on radio Guernsey that his is "a made-up name—a magical name:" Kavana is a well-known name in India, for either a boy or a girl. It means "poem." That's pretty magical.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Amie_Hill wrote:Just to comment on Kavana's remark on radio Guernsey that his is "a made-up name—a magical name:" Kavana is a well-known name in India, for either a boy or a girl. It means "poem." That's pretty magical.
Can also mean café (Bosnian), catapult (Malayalam), water (Hindi) and in Hebrew refers to concentration or awareness of God when praying.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

At one point many years ago wasn't it said that Kavana was a Welsh name?
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks for posting these guys. I enjoyed listening to them.
My favorite was definitely BBC Guernsey, that interviewer
was a riot.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Yorkie wrote:BBC Wiltshire have recorded their interview to air "on a Sunday morning between now and Christmas".
The airing on BBC Wiltshire is right now, between 6:00 to 9:00 am in Graham Rogers's "Sunday Breakfast Show"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_wiltshire

Libera re-tweeted this :

Edit : Libera was online in the last 15 minutes of the program
There's a second tweet :
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks Patrick - yes there were a few more interviews for Libera today; I've uploaded Sarah Major's interview BBC Radio Sheffield http://chirb.it/JpdJG4 and will endeavour the capture the remaining stations later today.... oh and not forgetting the small matter of a Songs of Praise video(s) :wink:
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez