Christmas Concert in St George, London, Thursday 28/11/2013

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Karppoo

Re: Christmas Concert in St George, London, Thursday 28/11/2

Post by Karppoo »

Lumi wrote:Wow, they went fast. :D I got worried for a bit when the website seemed to freeze for a while during the booking process and I could see from another computer that the premium tickets had already sold out. But turns out it was fine, everything worked well and I have to say that printable tickets are a great improvement.

I guess I have no choice but to come to London in November now. :mrgreen:
nice to see you in London...
Karppoo

Post by Karppoo »

now threre is free premiums.. 02:21
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

Yes - seem to be available again (1423). Maybe some were freed up from people who had more than one PC connected to the site and allowed them to lapse after making their purchase. Think it's unlikely that in that short space of time Libera management decided on allocation a few more rows of pews to "Premium" :?:
Last edited by theforestdweller on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Karppoo

Post by Karppoo »

now sold out premiums 1427
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

There should be a cap on the number of premium tickets anybody can order. To buy 4 or more makes it so much harder for other people to get even one. I got my ticket, but it still is something to consider I think. Or go to a larger venue next time, such as Westminster cathedral, no problems for space there. St.George is so narrow.
Johan
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I hope everybody who wanted a premium ticket got one and it seems like another record sell out for the premium seats :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
alpha

Post by alpha »

Phew.... got mine.... Thankfully transport and travel is a breeze for me.... Living and working on the main train line 30 minutes from London. I'll be home in bed before the pubs shut!!!
yllwfsh

Post by yllwfsh »

I managed to get 2 premium tickets at 14:00 exactly. Seemed to me they opened the sale just a minute before 14:00? The e-ticket option is perfect! No hassle anymore with tickets by post or pickup at the cathedral. Hope to see you all there!
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back.
May the rains fall soft upon you, and the sun shine warm upon your face.
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

According to the clocks on the two PCs I had sitting on the Ticketsource website it was exactly 1400 when they opened for tickets. I had been sitting hitting the reload button for two or three minutes beforehand - just in case!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Really I am flabbergasted! :cry:

I took my lunch break late so that i would be free to phone at 2pm. I phoned at exactly that time and was put on hold for about two or three minutes only to be told when i got to talk to a sales person that all the premium tickets were sold out! What the hell????? In three minutes?? For a Thursday night show?? Someone must have been block booking or else the boys' families were all booking seats towards the front.

I phoned back again 15 minutes later at the end of my break but there was no change, they were still sold out. I cant believe now that others have said here that just a few minutes after that, some premiums became available but by that time i had gone back to work.

I had hoped to bring at least one other person along, if not two and now i really don't think it would be worth my while making the trip if i am sat 8 or 9 rows back. So ok i am willing to beg!!! If anyone has a spare premium ticket, or even better two, then i will buy them off you. Please let me know in this thread or PM me, anybody, puleeze??!
"You are not alone"
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Got our 2 premium tickets after managing to get the time off work! Very glad to be able to see libera at least once this year!! Now to book hotel and trains!
Danie :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I'm a back bencher... if I make it this year. Although incidently last year (or was it the year before?) I got a seat only 1 row back from premium section and found the sound and vision almost as good as being right at the front. So don't despair if you didn't manage to get a premium ticket, you'll still get a great concert experience.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I'm a back bencher... if I make it this year. Although incidently last year (or was it the year before?) I got a seat only 1 row back from premium section and found the sound and vision almost as good as being right at the front. So don't despair if you didn't manage to get a premium ticket, you'll still get a great concert experience.

Yep , the sound is always better in the back but for people who are short then you simply can not see over all the heads if you are not premium imo .
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Choirfan wrote:If anyone has a spare premium ticket, or even better two, then i will buy them off you. Please let me know in this thread or PM me, anybody, puleeze??!
Sorry, I don't have any spares but if I hear of anybody with extra I'll point them in your direction.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Thank you peoples!

Still have not got any offer of a spare so please remember me if you hear of anyone who has extra.

I know i could just buy the bog standard tickets and i may yet do if all else fails, but being a little on the short side will make it hard to see, and a big part of the experience for me is having a good view.

I await in hope!
"You are not alone"