Christmas Concert in St George, London, Thursday 28/11/2013

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Christmas Concert in St George, London, Thursday 28/11/2013

Post by fan_de_LoK »

We were expecting it since it was mentioned during the Guildford concert, Libera just announced the next UK concert on the Events page :

It will be a Christmas Concert at the St George Cathedral RC in London, on Thursday 28 November 2013 at 19:30 :D

http://www.libera.org.uk/events

Tickets will be available to purchase online from Thrusday 10 October at 14:00

The selling tickets site is new, named "Ticketsource".
It has a nice page designed with Libera site colours :)
http://libera.ticketsource.co.uk

Prices :
- Premium £35
- Standard £20
- Standard for OAPs and students £15
tom413
Gold Member

Re: Christmas Concert in St George, London, Thursday 28/11/2

Post by tom413 »

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope to come over but that's a brutal travel weekend in the USA.
Will have to start to research this quickly.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Thursday??!!! At this rate I'm not going to get to any libera concerts this year :( will have to beg for the time off! Real shame it's not fri or sat-much more manageable! Ah well, at least we will have our usual Nov concert!
Danie :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Bloody Thursday? That's a first for none school holiday concerts (until FDL tells us otherwise from his vast encyclopaedic knowledge of all things Libera). Train & hotel booked, need to get my boss lady to agree to having the Thursday off though because the other manager is off on that day too....Now I wonder if there are any decent shows on in town for the Friday night?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

This will sell out really quickly i guess :)

For anybody who wants a hotel close to the venue there is now a travel lodge about 5 mins walk from the venue http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/421/ ... rloo-hotel
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Ooohh goodie a Christmas concert, fantastic! :D

Being on a Thursday makes it slightly more awkward for me (not to mention more expensive) but Libera are always worth it

Ticket prices seem to have gone up too, i remember a time not too long ago when a premium ticket could be had for about 18 pounds. But still, given that the concerts go on for about two hours and given the calibre of the act, it is still good value for money.
"You are not alone"
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

Yorkie wrote:Bloody Thursday? That's a first for none school holiday concerts (until FDL tells us otherwise from his vast encyclopaedic knowledge of all things Libera). Train & hotel booked, need to get my boss lady to agree to having the Thursday off though because the other manager is off on that day too....Now I wonder if there are any decent shows on in town for the Friday night?
Hi Yorkie, It is on Thurday probably the church was not available on Fridays. I asked one of the parents present in Armagh about London and he said as much.
Johan
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Horticult2000 wrote:Hi Yorkie, It is on Thurday probably the church was not available on Fridays. I asked one of the parents present in Armagh about London and he said as much.
Johan
Hi Johan

Yes, I guessed as much because it is pretty inconvenient for the boys having to go back to school on the Friday after a late night (especially the younger ones - I wonder if it might be a smaller group because of that?). I'm impressed that you knew about this date since Armagh and kept quiet - we tried to pump Steven Philipp for info but he wasn't giving anything away!

Mercy & Love
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

Yorkie wrote:
Horticult2000 wrote:Hi Yorkie, It is on Thurday probably the church was not available on Fridays. I asked one of the parents present in Armagh about London and he said as much.
Johan
Hi Johan

Yes, I guessed as much because it is pretty inconvenient for the boys having to go back to school on the Friday after a late night (especially the younger ones - I wonder if it might be a smaller group because of that?). I'm impressed that you knew about this date since Armagh and kept quiet - we tried to pump Steven Philipp for info but he wasn't giving anything away!
Hi Yorkie,
No, I did not know about the date. I only knew there were problems, that is why I said before I expected an other venue or no concert. I did not expect a Thursday concert.
Johan
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I think the Thursday date was a surprise to everyone and has thrown a spanner in the works for making arrangements i.e. (extra)time off work/hotel/travel etc... that said I should think it will sell out.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

I had decided that absolutely and under no circumstances would I attend the Christmas Concert this year since I need to be saving up money and not spending it.

The problem is, I was counting on the concert not being the week of the first Advent Sunday. :mrgreen: That means, in addition to the concert, Advent services at both St Paul's and Westminster Abbey if I can stay in London for the weekend. And that's just too good to miss for any amount of money.

So, I guess I'll take a look at possible flights and accommodation now. :lol:
yllwfsh

Post by yllwfsh »

Ha! I have my answer now (see the other thread)! I will definitely aim to go.

Off request to my boss is in, hotel reserved, Musical reservation on friday made, and i will arrange the flight soon when everything is final (e.g. Libera tickets bought and off request granted)

can't wait!!!

P.S. Anyone have an idea about the delivery options for the tickets this time (box office / post) with the new ticket company and all?
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back.
May the rains fall soft upon you, and the sun shine warm upon your face.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

yllwfsh wrote:P.S. Anyone have an idea about the delivery options for the tickets this time (box office / post) with the new ticket company and all?
Well post will definitely be an option and although there is no box office for Libera concerts you can arrange to pick up your tickets at the venue. Normally somebody working with Libera will turn up between 6:00 - 6:30 to hand them out.

Mercy & Love
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

yllwfsh wrote:
P.S. Anyone have an idea about the delivery options for the tickets this time (box office / post) with the new ticket company and all?
I believe there might be a print at home option if you buy on line.
yllwfsh

Post by yllwfsh »

Yorkie wrote:
yllwfsh wrote:P.S. Anyone have an idea about the delivery options for the tickets this time (box office / post) with the new ticket company and all?
Well post will definitely be an option and although there is no box office for Libera concerts you can arrange to pick up your tickets at the venue. Normally somebody working with Libera will turn up between 6:00 - 6:30 to hand them out.
Haha yes i meant at the venue of course. That's what i intended to use. I was booking musical tickets earlier so i was using their lingo :)

A print-at-home ticket would be even better!
May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back.
May the rains fall soft upon you, and the sun shine warm upon your face.