Christmas Concert in St George, London, Thursday 28/11/2013

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

theforestdweller
Silver Member

Re: Christmas Concert in St George, London, Thursday 28/11/2

Post by theforestdweller »

My tickets arrived in the post this morning (I didn't opt for the electronic version) :) . TicketSource have proved very efficient :) .
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

theforestdweller wrote:My tickets arrived in the post this morning (I didn't opt for the electronic version) :) . TicketSource have proved very efficient :) .
They may be very efficient with internet, but I got the impression nobody trying to get premium tickets by Phone got any. Am I right??

Johan
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

So, we're on the clock now as the countdown to the Philippines tour starts. I suspect the set list for St George's will be almost the same but probably the 'Pines will have a local song or two added.

The Christmas DVD has 17 songs:

1) Angels from on High.
2) What Child is This
3) The Wexford Carol
4) In Dulci Jubilo
5) Away in a Manger
6) Joy to the World
7) Once in Royal David’s City
8 ) Sanctus
9) Danny Boy
10) Gaudete
11) Carol of the Bells
12) God Rest You Merry Gentlemen
13) O Holy Night
14) Still Still Still
15) Exultate
16) Silent Night
17) Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

As this is a full blown Christmas concert (unlike the first St g's which was a mix) I would expect all of these to appear (only one with a bit of doubt is 'Danny Boy' but I hope it does appear because it is fantastic and I think when the DVD hits the shelves it's going to get rave reviews). So, given that concerts top out around 20 songs what will be added in?

I love Voca Me and they really nailed it in Armagh but would they put it in the mix? I hope so. If Danny Boy can be there then so can VM! 'Libera' didn't appear in Armagh but that was a special event. Surely that returns to the song list, possible as the Encore? That leaves a spot to fill. I would love Vespera but it isn't a Christmas song so it would have to be Veni, Veni Emmanuel. Josh for the solo would be good or what about Daniel taking back his song!

What do you think might make the set list?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I hope veni makes a come back , I was gutted it did not make the DVD . I sometimes wonder what goes on behind the scenes as from the last Xmas album Veni and Carols was the most popular so I don't get why they would not of had it in the play list personally . I am really Loki g forward to hearing GRYMG and TWC
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Another vote for Veni. A somewhat selfish one because I have never seen it performed live.

I'd be inclined to think Libera will make it's way back into the setlist.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Well if I did make it, I would be a tad disappointed if 'Danny Boy' didn't make the set list after hearing the snippets in the promo DVD. However with it being a full blown 'Christmas Concert' it might not.

Josh teamed up very well with Ralph on Veni a few years back, it turned out to be one of the highlights of the night - wouldn't mind a replay of that.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Well if I did make it, I would be a tad disappointed if 'Danny Boy' didn't make the set list after hearing the snippets in the promo DVD. However with it being a full blown 'Christmas Concert' it might not.

Josh teamed up very well with Ralph on Veni a few years back, it turned out to be one of the highlights of the night - wouldn't mind a replay of that.
Veni Emanuel with Josh two years ago is my all time favorite. It will not be on the dvd as it was not recorded in Armagh. Anyway, I think they avoided most songs that are on the previous Christmas cd
Johan
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Horticult2000 wrote: They may be very efficient with internet, but I got the impression nobody trying to get premium tickets by Phone got any. Am I right??

Johan
I cannot be sure that nobody who tried to book premium tickets by phone got them, but i certainly didnt, and i phoned bang on 2pm GMT.

This is really a pity coming on the back of Ticketweb's poor performance in not delivering tickets to several customers (or delivering them to the wrong people). It seems to have been total pot luck with Ticketsource as to whether premium were available or not, they obviously did NOT sell out in 3 minutes. So when i called at 2pm and again at 215 i was told they were sold out, yet they magically became available again soon after 220 and 240 (according to somebody i had contact with, sadly for me i had to go back to work)

So what is that going to mean for future concerts? Without a premium ticket i am not sure it is worth my while taking a flight over and all the other expense that goes along with it. At least with Ticketweb you had a fair chance of getting your ticket once you phoned in time, and we knew that Libera keep a list of all people who buy tickets in the event of a non delivery by TW. I think this is a big issue that Libera management need to look into for future shows, just my opinion
"You are not alone"
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

Choirfan wrote:I cannot be sure that nobody who tried to book premium tickets by phone got them, but i certainly didnt, and i phoned bang on 2pm GMT.

This is really a pity coming on the back of Ticketweb's poor performance in not delivering tickets to several customers (or delivering them to the wrong people). It seems to have been total pot luck with Ticketsource as to whether premium were available or not, they obviously did NOT sell out in 3 minutes. So when i called at 2pm and again at 215 i was told they were sold out, yet they magically became available again soon after 220 and 240 (according to somebody i had contact with, sadly for me i had to go back to work)
Probably the first few ones who got through right away managed to get tickets by phone.

When booking online they keep the tickets reserved for 20 minutes to give customers enough time to make the payment – since people rushed to get them right away online, at 2:15 it indeed would have seemed to whoever were working the phones that the premium tickets were sold out. After 2:20 the first unpurchased tickets went back on sale, and then the same happened again at 2:40 for some remaining tickets.

There probably would have been a small window to get tickets again by phone at 2:20, but it's difficult to say if anybody actually managed to do that.
theforestdweller
Silver Member

Post by theforestdweller »

Lumi wrote:When booking online they keep the tickets reserved for 20 minutes to give customers enough time to make the payment
The actual wording is "up to 20 minutes" which suggests that this limit may be variable according to the users requirements. I certainly wouldn't rely on it. I agree, as I said in an earlier post, the fluctuating available/not available is probably due to unpurchased but initially reserved tickets being freed up.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe" - Einstein
airtrees

Post by airtrees »

Can't wait for this! Have been in Guildford which was amazing with all the original songs and mysterious setting, but I'm sure a christmas concert will be interesting too.

Veni Veni Emmanuel is one of my favorites as well, but seeing as it's not on the DVD I'm not sure they'll sing it.
danny-bulgaria

Post by danny-bulgaria »

Finally, I've received my ticket this morning! Can't wait for 28th. :D :D :D
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

I suppose a lot of people attending the concert will be leaving after to go to work the next day, but is anybody hanging around London on the Friday?

I am open to offers of hooking up and making an evening at least of it, maybe dinner somewhere and a musical, or just hanging out doing whatever. PM me if anyone is interested or if anybody has any recommendations on what musical to see, I am all ears (I have seen BETM twice but am open of course to seeing it again or any other alternatives)
"You are not alone"
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Hi Choirfan, check your private messages please :)
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

At one stage i had no premium tickets, but i have already committed to buying two off different people.

However a friend who was going to join me on this trip can no longer make it so it seems i will now have one spare premium ticket on the night (of course i am sticking to my arrangements to the two kind people who sold me theirs), if anyone is looking for one you can PM me or just reply in this thread, thanks
"You are not alone"