Christmas Concert in St George, London, Thursday 28/11/2013

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Christmas Concert in St George, London, Thursday 28/11/2

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the concert chaps, always good to see these things through the eyes of others. Quick question, has anybody found a decent version of that Beth Nielsen Chapman song of Isaac's on YouTube?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:Thanks for posting your thoughts on the concert chaps, always good to see these things through the eyes of others. Quick question, has anybody found a decent version of that Beth Nielsen Chapman song of Isaac's on YouTube?
I don't think there is a version on YouTube but here's a link to the original itself http://www.npr.org/templates/dmg/dmg.ph ... diaPref=WM
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote: I don't think there is a version on YouTube but here's a link to the original itself http://www.npr.org/templates/dmg/dmg.ph ... diaPref=WM
That will do, I'll Tweet that - it is the same song isn't it? You sometimes doubt yourself but even Steven's piano playing was the same...

Lyrics:

Holy Mary draw through my heart
The sweetest arrow of thy grace
Lift my sorrow's deepening shadow
So that I may see your face
I know i will not be forsaken
Gently held in your embrace

Blessed spirit whispering softly
Cool the fires of my shame
Even as I run from your arms
My soul keeps calling out your name
You were always right here inside
Each tear of joy, every drop of rain

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Just thinking back to Thursday's concert and the two complete solo songs. Can any of you people with good memories out there remember if Libera have ever had a concert before with two songs sung in there entirety by one boy? I know we had Isaac doing Danny Boy in Korea and surely that in itself was pretty unique but two in one show.

I think RP must have a lot of faith in those two lads and they surely didn't let him down.
Last edited by Yorkie on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mercy & Love
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

A little late but here are some of my thoughts from the show, and a couple of questions if anyone's able to help??

Firstly, who was the boy who sang the 2nd verse of The Wexford Carol?? My knowledge of some of the newer boys is poor at the moment!! Anyway he was very good!

Does anyone know why Michael wasn't singing? He appeared to be in his school uniform so I guessed he was just later finishing than the other boys!

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, it has been too long since I have seen the boys live and hadn't realised how much I've missed it!! Some highlights for me were:

Voca Me - I have never heard this love and how amazing was that! Blew me away!

Corpus Christi Carol - not a song I enjoyed on the album but Tom is amazing. He wowed me many times throughout the eve-such a powerful voice!

Alex (the younger one) had a really lovely energy throughout the concert with a big smile while singing which was fab to see :)

Seeing how the boys warm up their voices-very impressive!

Special mention to Tom, Isaac, Ciaran and whoever sang in Wexford Carol for their fantastic performances!

Overall a brilliant night :) thanks again boys!!
Danie :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Just realised that we don't have the definitive song list or which boys were present so I'll record it now for future reference..

1. Dies Irae
2. Gloria
Speech: Ben & Cassius - where they live & introduced next song about Angels "like us"
3. Angel from on High
4. Wexford Carol
5. Sanctus
Speech:Cassius & Ciaran - talked about robes and being ancient and modern
6. I'm Dreaming of Home
7. Voca Me
8. Away in a Manger
Speech: Alex G & Gabe - talked about filming in summer and having to find a Christmas tree
9. Hymn to Mary - full solo by Isaac
10. In Dulci Jubilo

11. God Rest You Merry Gentlemen
12. Orinoco Flow
Speech: Allesandro & Ciaran - introduced moose but moose was missing!!!
13. Joy to the World
14. What Child is This
15. Carol of the Bells
Speech: Ciaran & Alessandro??- about voice exercises (pick a copper plate a kettle & zinga mama zing-zing-zing + scales)
16. Corpus Christi Carol - full solo by Tom
17. Gaudete
18. Silent Night
Speech: Ben - introduced last song and said goodbye
19. Exultate

Encore: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Speech: Ben talks about Typhoon, dedicates BK to friends in 'Pines & talks in Tagalog
Encore: Bayan Ko

Singers:
Marc Alvares
Henry Barrington
Anthony Blake
Ciaran Bradbury-Hickey
Gabriel Collins
Jude Collins
Kavana Crossley
Thomas Delgado-Little
Dylan Duffy
Ben Fairman
Alex Gula
Matthew Jansen
Isaac London
Matthew Madine
Eoghan McCarthy
Alessandro MacKinnon-Botti
Michael Menezes
Alex Montoro
Jakub Niedermaier-Reed
Cassius O'Connell-White
Matthew Rangel-Alvares
Carlos Rodriguez
Sam Wiggin
Lucas Wood

Juniors:
Shay Balsekar
Timothy Lee
James Menezes
Camden Stewart
Rocco Tesei
Jamie Trinder
Mark Ustynovych-Repa

I've looked at some of the reviews from the Philippines to see what speeches happened and it seems they were similar (apart from Ben speaking Tagalog after Gloria!)
Last edited by Yorkie on Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

danieb88 wrote:
Firstly, who was the boy who sang the 2nd verse of The Wexford Carol?? My knowledge of some of the newer boys is poor at the moment!! Anyway he was very good!
Think it was Sam
danieb88 wrote:Does anyone know why Michael wasn't singing? He appeared to be in his school uniform so I guessed he was just later finishing than the other boys!
Michael U-R has left the choir due to the commitments of starting his new school in September.

Glad you enjoyed the show, it was good wasn't it :D

Mercy & Love
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Ah thanks Yorkie, that's a shame about Michael, he has a lovely voice! All the best to him at his new school though!
Danie :D
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Thanks for your detailed post Yorkie. I have a terrible memory.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

paul30003 wrote:Thanks for your detailed post Yorkie. I have a terrible memory.
Maybe not that good Paul as I've just read John's review from the Philippines and he mentions the speeches and they seem the same - except Sam did one of them so I suspect he was also involved on Thursday as well so I have obviously muddled something up. I need to take notes next time...

Mercy & Love
jamesphillip

Post by jamesphillip »

michael has left libera and now sings with a different choir
but there is still hope that he will return

(spoke to him and his family after the concert)
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Yorkie wrote: John's review from the Philippines mentions the speeches and they seem the same - except Sam did one of them
Read on - subsequently corrected. Great solo, but no speech from Sam.
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

I think RP must have a lot of faith in those two lads and they surely didn't let him down.[/quote]

He has a lot of faith and not only in these boys. I spoke to him on Saturday and he said he has at present a group with a lot of talent available. This I found confirmed on Sunday where not only Thomas had a solo during the morning service but also Alessandro! And what a lovely voice!

Johan
Karppoo

Post by Karppoo »

Hi,

We came back from London Mon - Thu night to Finland. And in London we haven't got time to be in internet, because our friend was very first time in London (and in Libera concert).
This christmas concert was the best Libera concert were I have been (before 2011 London / 2012 London St. George and 2013 Guildford). One thing I've been missing: they haven´t sang Libera last concerts.

Tom and Isaac were absolute brilliant soloist in their own songs. And I always like Mathew J's voice. And he smile and focus on what he is doing.

In London we go to Primrose hill and Chiswick house and park, you know why?
MemeBsAs

Post by MemeBsAs »

For those who asked me a "review" of my first Libera concert

Paintbrushes of an unforgettable night....

When a moment is so special and leaves such a deep feeling of happiness, the willingness of sharing it with others is so strong that even the difficult of a foreign language can't prevent me from writing down at least something more or less approximate to that magical experience in order to let you feel at least a little bit of that special moment of pure beauty and deep joy. So forgive me for my language limitations but I'll let the heart guide my chronicle.

Sometimes life is a box of surprises that simply slaps you without any previous notice. Sometimes it's just an explosion of deep happiness or a rainbow of emotions of all sort and depth...and this night was all that and even more...

I will not speak about harmonies or give a description of accurate musical interpretation cause all that I know is to enjoy music and appreciate it with my heart, nothing more...

After having read so many reviews from people who had already lived the Libera experience, I was sure that my first concert was going to be something really special but nothing prepared me to what it was waiting for me inside a nice cathedral in London.

If I have to give a definition of that night at St George's cathedral, I could say it was a perfect mixture of excitement, emotional sensations, warmth and friendship, joy of sharing, tenderness, love, muteness in front of so much beauty....

Many paintbrushes:
Lovely people like Milet, Hannah,Rachelle, Wayne, Lauren and others sending us their enthusiasm and joy from a distance
Yuki's recommendations for my trip and priceless help for my ticket as well as her lovely company all day long
Lucy's encouragement to give my present to Josh LOL ( I still regret not having enough courage to ask him a picture lol)
Yumiko and Yumiko smiles
Danielle and an unforgettable hot chocolate
Yorkie's generosity to swap places with me and who became my hero of the night giving me the gift of living the concert from the first row, with all the magic within my hands ( Yorkie, you still don't know what you've given to me)
Patrick, Tom, Paul and Peer gentleness during the waiting time
Annette's lovely smile and warm hug as soon as we recognised each other in the crowd
John lovely handshake during the interval
Josh's mum selling signed programs with a huge smile despite a wild audience trying to buy a copy
Lucas W grandpa and mum and a lovely chat with me
Sam C's father being so gentle with me
Josh's smile in the dark when I approached to say HI and THANKS at the end of that magical night after a fantastic concert

And of course all and every boy from Libera who took me to another world though their music, made vibrate every corner of my soul and remained stucked in my heart forever. I'm sure I will never forget those sounds cause they are recorded in my soul forever...

After that roller coaster of emotions, I couldn't stop a couple of tears who betrayed me and it was at that moment that John's (john45) words came alive with all their strength: " your life will change. The music will touch your soul. You will want to attend every Libera concert in the future, whatever the cost. Be warned" and it was at that precise moment that I understood his words for real...

Meme :D
Last edited by MemeBsAs on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.