Official USA 2014 Tour

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

tom413
Gold Member

Re: Summer 2014?

Post by tom413 »

You definitely do not have to be registered to see what's available.

Have you tried checking one ticket and clicking on "Find Tickets" without designating a section?
Using this method seems to draw the best available seat. If that doesn't work for you, I'd
suggest calling the box office. I've used Firefox, Chrome and IE and simply can't duplicate the
error message you're receiving.
phineaspgage

Post by phineaspgage »

First, thank you fan_de_LoK and tom413 for investing time and energy in assisting me. I've been away too long, and have forgotten how much I learned to appreciate the people here.

I discovered my problem. I had to bypass a network proxy to get the site to work. I did call the theater, incidentally, and learned that they are open from 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (10:00 - 17:00). The box office opens at noon. If you select option "2" from the phone menu to purchase tickets, you receive a message that all the agents are assisting other customers. Given that the box office doesn't open until 12:00, I took that to mean it would be another 4 hours before someone picked up, rather than actually waiting for an agent who might work different hours than those of the physical ticket window. I mention this only in the event that someone else has difficulty and wants a work around.

Perhaps more helpful, following tom413's suggestion to refrain from selecting a section, I discovered that the system defaults to one area, but users can still change to another. Rather than purchase the first tickets it gave me (on the left side), I selected the center section. I had to "release" the first ticket to do that, which was frightening as I imagined all the seats would fill instantly and I'd be left outside for the performance. Fortunately for me, there are few of us who set an alarm to get up early and sit at the computer pressing refresh on the browser every second to buy Libera tickets. I secured a seat in the center section, completed the purchase, and printed it out from my e-mail where it arrived as a .pdf.

Problem solved. I'm ticketed for three shows (and refreshing the browser on Lexi's blog every second in case more concerts appear).

Thank you again, fan_de_LoK and tom413.
phineaspgage

Post by phineaspgage »

@ tom413
I meant also to add a thank you for the welcome back. :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

phineaspgage wrote:(and refreshing the browser on Lexi's blog every second in case more concerts appear)
It's for sure a smart thinking :)

To increase your chances to access extra early information, I suggest that you also follow Jimmy Riddle's twitter account : @JimmyRiddlez
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

@fan_de_LoK - Merci, cheques in the post :wink:

Actually the concerts were very visible and would have been easily found. Sometimes I wonder If I'm a thorn in 'official libera' side by revealing prior to any official announcement but I counterbalance this with the fact that some of these tickets have been on sale since 21st Feb - and know the concert faithful would want the opportunity to buy the best seats.

Anyway can't imagine this being legit http://meetandgreetticket.com/Libera-meet-and-greet - especially with the photo displayed. :roll:
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Lol !! :mrgreen:
If the photo is genuine Libera's style has a bit changed since last concert :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote: Anyway can't imagine this being legit http://meetandgreetticket.com/Libera-meet-and-greet - especially with the photo displayed. :roll:
Good Lord :shock:

Just to be clear to anybody looking at this website and tempted to buy a ticket - DON'T DO IT

This is almost certainly not true and I can't see any connection to Official Libera or their record label
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Sometimes I wonder If I'm a thorn in 'official libera' side by revealing prior to any official announcement
My position is that there are no qualms to have when an event is said publicly by a venue that is in touch with the staff.
If the information is publicly visible through Google, and if in addition tickets are about to be sold, it's normal to report the info to the fans community.

Thankfully, despite the tour being not yet announced, tickets are secured for the three concerts :)
I also booked some hotels.
I'm waiting for the announce to book the plane and the car rental.
I hope it will not be long now because prices are rising every day.

In two days Libera will beat a record of late announcement ! :mrgreen:
The Canadian tour in April 2011 was announced on March 6, for a first concert held on April 14, only 39 days in advance.
This U.S. tour in 2014 will also begin on an April 14, but when you it will be officially announced?
We will see :wink:
alcesalcesobservator
Silver Member

Post by alcesalcesobservator »

Perhaps they are having troubles with their visas again?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It's official http://www.libera.org.uk/about/usa_tour_spring_2014

Always nice to be fed a little bit of information you weren't previously aware of - their Christmas PBS special was shown over 1,000 times between Thanksgiving and New Year.

Interesting that so far they are only utilizing 'one' week of the fortnightly Easter holiday. Usually they are away for the whole 12 or so days possible.

I think we need an 'officially' named thread ;)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:It's official http://www.libera.org.uk/about/usa_tour_spring_2014

I think we need an 'officially' named thread ;)
Agree. See: USA Spring Tour 2014
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I think we need an 'officially' named thread ;)
To the admin/moderators (I don't know who's who now) : this present topic should be split in the goal to separate the discussion about The Kajimoto "Japan project" and the USA tour Spring 2014.

More precisely, this post from Jimmy should become the 1st post of the splited topic, and it should then be merged with the new topic created by John.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

The admin quit so I guess we're on our own until the webpage finally expires.
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Sorry to say it but Tully's right. How long the forum will actually remain up is anyone's guess.
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

IIRC Libera Dreams went on for quite some time, more than a year, after Kevin abandoned it.