Free concert of Libera at Armagh : 9 August 2013

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Horticult2000

Re: Free concert of Libera at Armagh : 9 August 2013

Post by Horticult2000 »

Yes Ralph will. be with the lower voices, but I do not expect Sam to sing again, he will indeed probably be playing an instrument. I wonder who else will be with the lower voices, In Guildford Matthew Jansen seemed close to a voice change.
alynn

Post by alynn »

Perhaps Eoghan but I really hope I'm wrong. I still want to hear solos from him before he retires at the back row.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Horticult2000 wrote:Yes Ralph will. be with the lower voices, but I do not expect Sam to sing again, he will indeed probably be playing an instrument. I wonder who else will be with the lower voices, In Guildford Matthew Jansen seemed close to a voice change.
I'm afraid I agree with you about Matthew's maturing voice. I was lucky enough to hear his "I Vow to Thee" a few times last year and his version at Guildford was better (and that isn't about a better performance, it was purely the tone of his voice); his voice was richer and more mature. Still it's only a few months ago so with any luck his voice won't have changed yet. Do we know Matt J's DOB by the way?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Horticult2000

Post by Horticult2000 »

Full Name: Matthew Jansen

Birthday: 28th September 2000

Can be found on several sites
Johan
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

labbie wrote:Ralph will probably be joining the lower voices, while Sam could be doing that as well, or perhaps possibly joining the musicians, since he also plays the cello.
More the merrier hopefully. I've always enjoyed a strong backline presence with the lower voices, and this should be even more effective for their seasonal repertoire. Well not sure what their involvement in the Holy Cross Church service was, we'll just have to tick that on the Libera timeline as somewhere they went without knowing too much about. Big day on Friday though, already the regular attendees are mobilising their forces. Look forward to reading more information on this unique concert.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Does anyone have any notion as to how the seating or queue system will work on Friday?

Will it be worth queuing early or will all the rows up towards the front be reserved for dignitaries and/or family of the boys?

I will probably shuffle up along a couple hours before doors open anyway just for a bit of banter. :wink:
"You are not alone"
Thunderhawk261
Silver Member

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

In Guildford Matthew Jansen seemed close to a voice change.
Wow. It seems like just yesterday that he debuted with Libera at Prestonwood in Dallas.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Have fun tonight guys , i will look forward to the reports later on .
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yeah I'm sure they'll have fun and it looks like they will be very rewarded for their efforts in making attendance.

Lauren as been kind enough to share some important details from the program of tonights concert on her twitter feed. (Thanks Lauren!)

Must say Libera have pulled a few surprises out here and have included some new material we haven't heard them sing before.

31 singing tonight and Four surviving white robed members from the 2007 DVD - Josh, Sam, Alex & Tiarnan...I'd have given you long odds on that happening before tonights line-up was revealed. I thought one at best. A DVD on the way but I'd be very surprised if some TV network doesn't pick this one up for Christmas broadcast.

Now my last remaining reservation about tonight. Let's hope that Cathedral is packed!
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

So a new Christmas album we would assume or they will do a deluxe of the last xmas album and add some new songs to it .

I would of loved it if Josh had done Veni E as he was so amazing when he sung it last time.

And one new boy in Alexander Gula or was he in Guilford?

It is amazing that Josh is once again in a white robe.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

What a song list! That's the real stuff to wait for this Christmas!
Also the glorious Danny Boy is back.. Oh my..
What on Earth I'm doing here in London tonight?

I expect this DVD to be in high demand. Let me remind folks that the last Peace Deluxe DVD editon is completely out of stock!!!

*Also thumbs up for Carol Of The Bells, Silent Night and all the new names!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Are Josh and Sam off to Uni this year?! , and if so this could be there final libera performance I guess ( lol - we have said that before about Josh)
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Who knows.. Probably. They would know it better :wink:
Anyway, it's pretty cool to see all the well known names on the Program!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I wonder who's gong to Solo HYMLC post Mini James and will Danny Boy be solitary solo with Isaac as per Korea Concert or supported solo with rest of Libera?
dani wrote:Are Josh and Sam off to Uni this year?! , and if so this could be there final libera performance I guess ( lol - we have said that before about Josh)
I thought that was it for Josh after joining support staff, and even more so for Sam. Lauren says that Sam will now become the oldest performing Libera white robed member at 18yrs 10 months. I guess that's true but how many inactive concerts in between do you take into account if at all? You never know they could be 'black robed' and that would throw the rule book right outta the window!
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I wonder who's gong to Solo HYMLC post Mini James and will Danny Boy be solitary solo with Isaac as per Korea Concert or supported solo with rest of Libera?

I don't know the first 3 songs , do they traditionally have soloists or are they group numbers ?

I am wonder if having the older boys being back are to help with the younger kids and to give them confidence as its pretty daunting I would assume to be up there normally and now the added pressure of video cameras . It is added support for them .