Spring Lineup and song list.

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

john45
Gold Member

Re: Spring Lineup and song list.

Post by john45 »

paul30003 wrote:So spring is almost upon us, and the start of this years series of concerts. What songs and changes to the lineup do you predict. What songs would you like to appear in the set-list.
No predictions, but I could not conceive of a Libera concert that did not include "Libera" and "Sanctus".
Previous concert favourites that I would like to see return are: "Sacris Solemnis" , "I am the Day", "Going Home", "Love and Mercy", "Deep Peace", "Secret".
Never played in concert (as far as I know) that I would like to hear are: "Lux Aeterna", "Beata Lux", "Nunc Dimitis", "Lead Kindly Light", "Sailing", "Bright Eyes".
Probably due for a well earned rest: "The Fountain", "Sanctissima".
Would hate to lose: "Voca Me", "Glory to Thee", "Ave Verum", "Stay with Me".
Anything new would be most welcome. How about the shorter version of Allegri's "Miserere"? It would certainly give the back row and Thomas D-L a good work-out.
Last edited by john45 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote:
No predictions, but I could not conceive of a Libera concert that did not include "Libera" and "Sanctus".
Previous concert favourites that I would like to see return are: "Sacris Solemnis" , "I am the Day", "Going Home", "Love and Mercy", "Deep Peace", "Secret".
Never played in concert (as far as I know) that I would like to hear are: "Lux Aeterna", "Beata Lux", "Nunc Dimitis", "Lead Kindly Light", "Sailing", "Bright Eyes".
Probably due for a well earned rest: "Lacrymosa", "Sanctissima".
Would hate to lose: "Voca Me", "Glory to Thee", "Ave Verum", "Stay with Me".
Anything new would be most welcome. How about the shorter version of Allegri's "Miserere"? It would certainly give the back row and Thomas D-L a good work-out.
I was saving 'Libera' for the encore ;-)

Sanctus is what they're famous for but I'm a bit Sanctused out; how about Locus Iste instead? Miserere is of course a classic & young Thomas would make mincemeat of that top C unlike some other choirs that make do with a B (not naming & shaming BAC or the New College Oxford version on the Agnus Dei CD of course).
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
YukiBOL

Post by YukiBOL »

john45 wrote: Previous concert favourites that I would like to see return are: "Sacris Solemnis" , "I am the Day", "Going Home", "Love and Mercy", "Deep Peace", "Secret".
I also really want to hear "Sacris Solemnis" and "I am the Day" at a concert again!!!!!
And would love to hear "Ave Virgo" by Tom D-L's solo. :D
madine_lover

Post by madine_lover »

Well, can't really make prediction here. But, will tell you my wish list for the set list. :wink:

For me, I'd like to hear their songs such as Agnus Dei, Angelis, Beata Lux, Lament, Luminosa, Recordare, Silencium, Stabat, Vespera. Would be really nice if they could pick some songs from the past. :D

Ah forget about Voca Me and Mysterium! Always dying to hear those in a live concert. Someday, maybe.
Also would like to see Sancte or Time or I Am the Day on the list.

And yes, I would be happy to hear that Mother of God too. Beautiful song! :)
maartendas wrote:
I also would love to hear Mother of God and Something Sings live in concert.
"...when we came together, we made the sound, that is LIBERA ..."
http://madinelover.blogspot.com
sillybear

Post by sillybear »

I hope Voca Me is kept, and it would be amazing if Michael U-R and Dylan got full solos...if only I could actually hear their voices!
But gripes aside, all the songs suggested so far seem as though they would so incredible live.
Call me Cara
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Post by Amie_Hill »

In answer to whether "Grateful Heart" has ever appeared on a Libera or Angel Voices CD: There's a great resource on the Angel Voices site http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Angelvoices/ . If you go to their database (listed on left side), you can search for any song, or video, that was done from the first recording through 2007. There's a "search" box where you can plug in the song, video, etc. same is true of the Libera's World Site, which is an ever-evolving database at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Angelvoices/

PS: "Grateful Heart" has appeared as a video, but not on CD.
madine_lover

Post by madine_lover »

On one of Korea posters, there's this section called "Program".
I wonder, is it possible that the songs they listed will appear on this Spring set list as well? :)
I'm curious what exactly it says bellow the box. :?:
"...when we came together, we made the sound, that is LIBERA ..."
http://madinelover.blogspot.com