Korea Concerts 2013

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Libera in Taiwan April 2013

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I think the Tiawan tour is starting to catch the chinese imagination now - the spring tour link posted by Libera on facebook entirely in Chinese as received over 700+ likes and has become their most liked posting to date :o
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Re: Korea Concerts 2013

Post by dani »

Spring set list is out

Out goes Be still my soul ,mysterium and sanctissima and in is How Shall I keep from singing and Song of life and I assume as no mention of it the encore will be The moon represents my heart .

I have to admit to be feeling disappointed as I thought we was getting some new 'songs' and yet it does not seem so from the set list released . It is very similar to November concerts apart from a couple of changes and its not like The Moon song is even aimed at the Western market so may not make the line up in Guildford .

1. Dies Irae
2. Gloria
3. Song of Life
4. Voca Me
5. Sanctus
6. I Vow to Thee, My Country
7. Salva Me
8. Eternal Light
9. How Shall I Sing That Majesty
- Interval -
10. Orinoco Flow
11. Far Away
12. The Fountain
13. Grateful Heart
14. Ave Verum
15. How Can I Keep From Singing?
16. Stay With Me
17. Glory to Thee
18. Exsultate
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Yes, I'm also surprised that there is no new song on the list. Expected at least one or two without 'The moon' :?
On the other side the selection is not bad and I'm curious who will sing which song as a soloist. :D
labbie

Post by labbie »

I would also agree that "The Moon Represents My Heart" is specifically aimed at the audience in Taiwan and perhaps Korea. It is barely known here in North America, and would probably not appear in any concerts outside of the Far East. Looking at the promotional video for the song, we are reminded once again of the evolution within Libera. Eoghan and Matthew R-A seemed to look more mature, although their treble voices may still be intact. It is still wonderful to become acquainted with new soloists such as Michael in the Chinese song, and know that there will always be young ones coming up to take their own place in the spotlight. I am sure that Libera will gain many new supporters from the audiences eagerly awaiting the concerts on this tour. My best wishes to all who are going on the tour!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:Spring set list is out

Out goes Be still my soul ,mysterium and sanctissima and in is How Shall I keep from singing and Song of life and I assume as no mention of it the encore will be The moon represents my heart .

I have to admit to be feeling disappointed as I thought we was getting some new 'songs' and yet it does not seem so from the set list released . It is very similar to November concerts apart from a couple of changes and its not like The Moon song is even aimed at the Western market so may not make the line up in Guildford .
No Libera? Maybe a double encore - Libera first and then Moon as a finale?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Yorkie wrote:No Libera? Maybe a double encore - Libera first and then Moon as a finale?
This is what I think.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
dani wrote:Spring set list is out

No Libera? Maybe a double encore - Libera first and then Moon as a finale?

good point :)

and Moon may be taken out for Guildford and we get one encore Libera :D
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

Interesting, disappointing to see Mysterium go but I'm thrilled that they keeped Dies Irae as the first number. It completely blew me away in November.

I don't think I personally mind the similarity between the autumn and spring set lists, I'm just very curious to see what sort of changes are to be expected on the soloist front. Would love to see Eoghan still doing solos.
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Lumi wrote:Would love to see Eoghan still doing solos.
Think he will sing 'Song of Life'
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I would not of thought there would be that many changes from singers as most of the boys who was singing last year in July and November would not of had voice changes . Only two that may of changed would be Matthew R A and maybe Eoghan and even them two i am not sure on there exact ages.
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

dani wrote:Only two that may of changed would be Matthew R A and maybe Eoghan...
I agree with you - and so it could be possible that the high notes in 'Salva me' will be sung by Thomas :mrgreen:
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

viabuona wrote:
dani wrote:Only two that may of changed would be Matthew R A and maybe Eoghan...
I agree with you - and so it could be possible that the high notes in 'Salva me' will be sung by Thomas :mrgreen:

It wont be long before we know :)

Also will the boys fly out this week ?
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

dani wrote:It wont be long before we know :)
Also will the boys fly out this week ?
Guess they will fly out on Saturday and arrive Sunday 31st. So they have a day off and then the first concert on the 2nd.
alynn

Post by alynn »

I, too, wish to hear more from Eoghan. :D
Karppoo

Post by Karppoo »

Jep, I like to hear Eoghan and Mathew J's solos! Mysterium were very good in London in November, so please....