Libera in Taiwan April 2013

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

kay
Silver Member

Re: Libera in Taiwan April 2013

Post by kay »

I just wanted to say thank you to all who took the time and trouble to post their takes on the concerts. Isaac and Danny Boy I wonder if they (he) has been working on this and that maybe (just maybe) it will surface on an album? I hope so for all the accounts of his voice have been very, very positive.
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Ditto thanks here too.
fan_de_LoK wrote:Total silence in the hall. 2500 persons were staring right to this 10 years old boy standing on the edge of the stage, hands clasped behind his back.
And then Isaac started to sing, by himself. No Robert to guide, no other singers around him, no noting. Just a little boy in the light in front of a crowd of 2500 persons.
Isaac sung "Danny Boy" a capella, all along the song, no music, no instruments, no chorus from the others.

Everyone in the public was stunned, so surprising, so cute, so moving....
Quickly my neighbour started to cry and I too got my eyes wet.
Beautifully described FDL, thanks for sharing this information. Almost felt quite emotional myself imagining the scene you had set out. Is this the first time a libera boy as performed from start to finish a solitary solo by himself without instrumental or choral assistance? Quite amazing.

I also want to thank all the reporters and concert attendees who have kindly flourished us with information throughout the tour both on social networks and forums. It's been much appreciated and very well received from all of us who could not be there. It's a far cry from previous tours were you would be scrapping around the web for a vague rudimentary translated blog here and there.

Lauren as surpassed herself again with concert blogging http://mini-angels.blogspot.kr/ I particularly like this picture http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sogkpu-voaE/U ... CF9663.JPG I think that tells you all you need to know about what 3 years absence from one of Libera's most enthusiastic fan bases looks like

Lauren mentioned she met a fan who only come to the Seoul concert after hearing a radio interview and I think it could have been this one http://tbsefm.seoul.kr/efm/1013MainStreet/photo.jsp but there does not appear to be any on-demand links http://tbsefm.seoul.kr/program/schedule ... 2=20130412

Some more pictures here http://www.flickr.com/photos/kiyoeric1995/ by Jimmy Chang, a very short video here

Anyway what a way to end the tour with 'Danny Boy', lucky Seoul - I'm too wondering if there is any background to that song selection.
Last edited by JimmyRiddle on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

A super big thanks to Lauren for sharing her concert experiences with us! Wow! Isaac sang "Danny Boy" by himself a capella? I so wish I could have seen that! However, I can imagine how moving and beautiful it must have been. That certainly took some guts for him to just stand by himself out on the stage and sing such an exposed piece! I bet he has a lovely voice. I wonder who's idea it was, Rob's or Isaac's :wink: anyway, what a great way to end their Asia tour! It seems like the whole tour has been filled with extraordinary performances and extraordinary people and music :wink: It's been awesome to become familiar with some of the newer boys, and also to see some of the familiar ones return. I hope that they can all go home and rest and recuperate now. They certainly have been busy!

Thank you one more time to all those who went to the concerts and recorded their experiences. For those of us who couldn't be there, all your vivid descriptions made it very easy to picture and enjoy :D
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

fan_de_LoK wrote: You have to imagine the deepest and largest possible stage. The boys are set in an big wide arc, we are during the encore, just after "The Moon". The light is just doing down for the boys to move for the "Libera" encore, but not tonight.
Tonight we saw a small silhouette quitting the arc and walk forward right to the central microphones, passed it, and walked till the edge of the stage. There was a white light locate right above him illuminated Isaac.

All the others remained in the arc, in the dark, several meters behind.

Total silence in the hall. 2500 persons were staring right to this 10 years old boy standing on the edge of the stage, hands clasped behind his back.
And then Isaac started to sing, by himself. No Robert to guide, no other singers around him, no noting. Just a little boy in the light in front of a crowd of 2500 persons.
Isaac sung "Danny Boy" a capella, all along the song, no music, no instruments, no chorus from the others.
Hi Patrick
What I wonderful description of those magical moments from Isaac. Reading it was just like being there all over again - bringing everything back - including the tears. Thank you.
John
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I agree - thank you Patrick for sharing this unique experience. A remarkable performance, great for those who were lucky to witness it.
I feel proud of young master Isaac. :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

I'm surprised this link has not been posted already

There's a special treat at 2.31
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Wow, I know it's been posted before, but you can REALLY hear it here (at least I can, maybe I just didn't listen closely enough before) - Cassius' voice is changing a lot. They sure grow up fast, don't they?

P.S. What was at 2:31?
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

LuxVenit wrote:Wow, I know it's been posted before, but you can REALLY hear it here (at least I can, maybe I just didn't listen closely enough before) - Cassius' voice is changing a lot. They sure grow up fast, don't they?

P.S. What was at 2:31?

2.31 was a shot of John45 :)

Yeah , it is odd to think Cassius voice is already breaking. And Kavana looks older again from when i last took note of him. Time does go by fast.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

john45 wrote:I'm surprised this link has not been posted already

There's a special treat at 2.31

Aaaagggghhh, my eyes, my eyes :cry:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Take a look to Libera's Gallery :D
Rach

Post by Rach »

Hello! I just would like to share this here, if anyone is interested. Thank you.

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

viabuona wrote:Take a look to Libera's Gallery :D
What struck me most in these pictures was seeing them interact with foreign culture. I was once again reminded how great and unique these tour experiences are for the boys. Getting to travel to far away places with a group of peers/friends, making amazing sounds together on stage, meeting all kinds of different people, seeing how music can connect people and transcend borders... It has to have a lasting effect on them as they grow up. They take these experiences with them for the rest of their lives. All because of the gift of singing.

:D
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
catherine

Post by catherine »

I love the pictures, reviews, videos, blogs and everything. Maybe a bit late, but thank you to all who went to the concerts and shared :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

I just received an email from Artemis Art, they treated my order for some Libera goodies from the unsold stock in Taiwan.

I ordered some paper bags printed with group/Isaac photo. They were hardly given in Taiwan, you had to buy a mug or a CD to have a bag. I bought a few but my luggage would have exploded if I wanted more bags. :mrgreen:

And I ordered t-shirts. They were not sold during the tour, only a few had been made and were only worn by Artemis Art Staff. They cared to sell t-shirts only during the penultimate concert, taking name and email of the people interested by.

Here the photo of the kind of goodies available (t-shirts missing) :

I wondered if the shipping would be expensive, but fortunately not, they charged a similar amount to what is announced on the Taiwanese Post site, so no bad surprise ;)
I should be delivered by a dozen days.

Does someone else placed an order too ? :)
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Is there a website where orders can be placed?