Libera in Taiwan April 2013

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: Libera in Taiwan April 2013

Post by Yorkie »

Part 2 of FDL's review, Googlyfied as before:

The recovery by Orinoco FLow, I think Robert intro music starts they will position themselves for 4 or 5 groups compact, which will move the words and waves evoked by the song

I think there is the speech Cassius - Michael UR white dresses to preserve jobs during the break, with the hood down, etc.. Diction too fast I think. Here, as on other speech there were 2-3 jokes fell flat, leaving the audience without reaction. That I have a pretty patchy English, I know the problem, when it goes too fast was more time to translate what has been said that new arriving constantly, we quickly lose the thread.

Behind them both stands Isaac, who gave us a very good performance on Far Away

On The funtain, piano intro, but I have not looked if it was Steven who officiated or Josh. Matthew J really good on this solo! Part sung high and power goes beautifully.

Grateful Heart on we had Thomas on the first verse and the second Michael UR, very moving both

Arrive Ave Verum, easily recognizable in the dark because they are positioned randomly on stage (apparently). English parts were sung by 4 different both I think, but I'll have to revisit it. The final V formation, where they give a boost of energy and after the concert and slow sweet songs previous (and funtain The Grateful Heart), it is Luke who was at the forefront. The second Henry was right! This is crazy, Henry I saw little newbie in Dublin is among the largest ... time flies at a speed ...

Before or after there has been a new speech, said by Ciaran
Interesting speech which is discussed some techniques used by the choir to warm up the voice and diction for the best possible during the concert. These are words that work complicated tongue and lips, repeated music. The games are sung, the lowest notes to the most acute, and believe me they are able to show really high in the treble! The last two-three notes I was convinced that their game was over, it was impossible for them to go even higher, and if it was possible!
Big laughs and applause in the room

On How Can I Keep From Singing, which was sung solo by Sammy (2010), there was not a solo pure but there 5 or 6 times.
They were arranged in two arcs of 13, a tight shoulder against shoulder, and the other behind, more spaced. Dominant white lights.
A watch again and again to study in more detail

Stay with me, Cassius presented with in the center a little before the others, but sang several at once. Always playing hands that cross and uncross front or behind, and a little distraction in the movements, not always very coordinated

Glory To Thee, divided into 5 groups. The intro solo usually sung by Eoghan was sung as a duet, Eoghan Matthew J and the center on the left. Cutting done by RP provides no less than 8 different voices on the barrel, so that the three groups at each redo once the last verse.

Speech Ben thanking the audience for coming and announcing the last song.

Exultate again on small change: First intro music, the harp, while usually the intro solo voice on Capella "There's a light upon the mountain."
Thomas is alone in the center and almost from the solo singing but was recalled at the last minute change. At the end of the solo harp Chason began with the chorus in Latin "and Laudate Domino and laetitia". The first two stanzas solo capella have been removed.
Course of the song as usual, small step forward or backward to support transitions verses and give rhythm to the song.
Thomas sang solo in the last verse.

End of the concert,

Big applause despite a room not quite folds (approximately 50% of the first floor was occupied, but it was full by the second balcony, and it is from there that came over the shouts and cheers

After a few greetings to Robert waved musicians, the boys quickly broke into two arcs of concentric circles of 15 outside and 11 inside, for the song "The Moon Represents My Heart" sung in Chinese.
The song begins with some ha-ha all the choir music in the background, it lasts a few seconds, then at some point the audience recognizes the song, and then we go into applause and cries for 4-5 seconds, full song, just as Bayan Ko in the Philippines in 2011.

Really for me the high point of the concert!
It is beautifully sung, they are all hyper in harmony with each other, there are carvings in different voices, some cannon also at times, the music is very beautiful, especially on the perceived pleasure and happiness that If they had to offer to the public that this song had to ask all lots and lots of work. They were visibly proud, and reason, and sang with a very visible pleasure on their faces and in their voices. Towards the end of the song increases with power emphasis, I thought it could only be concluded on that, but no. At the start of the last verse that Michael was at the center of the first arc juts straight forward, very slowly, a bit like Freddie did on Always With You. Meanwhile a small bridge soft music that breaks with the powerful chorus just before, like Ben P in Bayan Ko Michael is at the center front, and began his solo, still in Chinese, and it goes wonderfully well, very very moving!

It will perhaps strange that they sing in Chinese Guildford, but I pray that they fit the song repertoire. Version arranged by RP and they gave us tonight is really beautiful. If they could save in good quality, they should put it on Youtube as they had done for Bayan Ko, it can only cartoning among the population. The audience gave them a thunderous applause!

During the applause they are obviously pleased with the effect and taste return excited the public but they move quickly on scene and form four groups to sing in Libera always recall. Version a little shorter, there is that once the questions "Are you the door you are the key." I forgot to recite these words, I think Dylan and Eoghan simultaneously, but not sure.

New greetings and applause, and they leave the room by hand movements and smiles in public

Leaving the room we learn that signing session going to take place, but outside! In fact it was the queue was outside the signatures were in a lower portion of the building, which was reached by going around the back of the building.
Nice session but managed diligently by the security service Taiwanese, not lingering question or pretend to sign several things at once ;)
They were 10 signatures, it is better than the 5-6 that Artemis Art announced.
Since I had to choose, I'm posting my big black sign "trombinoscope".

Then we waited outside their output in second place behind me ladies. There were goals with impressive camera, real bazooka. Me with my poor Smartphone I could to anything in the night, I dropped shots

They finally left by many cuckoo with hands behind windows, fans attroupées foot bus.

After tomorrow
Last edited by Yorkie on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

Thank you for the review, John! And thanks Yorkie for running FDL's review through Google Translate.

Exciting to hear that there is now a solo in Sanctus. Was it a completely new arrangement?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Its great to read the reviews :)
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

dani wrote:Its great to read the reviews :)
Absolutely, thanks again to those who post them!
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
labbie

Post by labbie »

Thank you to all who have provided reviews, especially when they are given directly after a concert and the authors are no doubt feeling tired and ready to call it a night. Your efforts are greatly appreciated by those of us who cannot attend. It's good to hear that the boys are having a successful tour so far, and that the soloists of recent concerts are now solidifying their reputations. For those who are going to some or all of the remaining concerts, have a wonderful time! If anyone gets to speak to the boys or adults on tour, congratulate them on our behalf. Thanks from Canada.
alynn

Post by alynn »

Quite sad about Eoghan's voice change. I was looking forward to hear him sing live. :(
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Was it a completely new arrangement?
Not at all, same as usual :)
I just pointed out 2 particular harmonies that are very important in the song ;)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

alynn wrote: I was looking forward to hear him sing live. :(
And you will, as we were blessed to hear him yesterday :)
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks to all for their efforts in telling us about the opening of the tour.
A lot of good bits of information in those reports.

Hard to believe that Kavana is now the oldest touring Libera member. :shock:

Really looking forward to hearing Matthew J this summer!
I am a huge fan of The Fountain and have been very pleased with his
stewardship up to this point.

Am curious how those high bits will sound without MRA delivering them....

Does anyone know if Marc Alvares is related to Matthew?

If I read Patrick's report correctly 50% of the floor seats were sold,
but the balcony was packed. Assuming the balcony were the cheaper seats,
would sales have benefited from a repricing of the back half of the
ground level?

Hope future reviews tell us if any of the back row stands out on a song
like Ave Verum where a strong back row performer is usually noticeable.

Also read a fairly comprehensive recap from Lauren at
http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/
who reports that RP was allowed to start the concert without
being applauded. Better luck tomorrow guys! :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I was reading the mini angels blog and now we know why the Moon video has not seen the light of day as there are copyright issues . So unless they get sorted the full video will not be released it would seem .
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Is it just me or does anybody else see the irony in not releasing a video because it might infringe Chinese copyright! Talk about do as I say, not as I do!

Anyway, enough about Chinese double standards but does anybody have any idea of what copyright (or whose) might be being infringed? Looking at wiki it seems that the writer of the song is anonymous and everybody and their dog seems to have done a version of it.

Given that a number of artists have already covered it, that the original performer is dead &that nobody knows who wrote it, the copyright issue seems to be a little unclear or even unlikely - even Hayley Westenra can be seen butchering it on YouTube.

Mercy & Love
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Lauren has posted a blog review of the second concert:

mini-angels

Thanks Lauren :D

Mercy & Love
Bullehynka

Post by Bullehynka »

Lauren has uploaded more pictures on his blog : Pictures

thanks Lauren
alynn

Post by alynn »

What does it take to get that Libera mug? :D
Julia
Silver Member

Post by Julia »

Just wanted to thank all those who wrote, posted and translated all the wonderful reviews! I SO WISH I could be there, but hearing about it in such detail is a great second best :wink: Thanks guys!

So heres to another great day of Libera concerts and music. Good luck boys! Great work :D
dolorosa, flumenosa, desolata, lacrimabila-
the water sighs for me
Through teardrops now I see
The streaming water knows
The fountain overflows

To cry for all, to wash all sorrows in waves of peace and love
Free my thirsty soul again
O living fountain

Twitter Acount: ArtisticTempest