Ave Verum: Dylan,Matthew J,Ciaran,Henry
Still, Still, Still: Eoghan,(Thomas)
Stay with me: Cassius
Glory to Thee: Eoghan
Holy Night: Jakob

Encore (Full song as Xmas gift):
Carol of the Bells
What a bloody cracking list! RP are you reading this :lol:

Now that would be some bloody concert and a great way to see off the year 8)
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
viabuona
Gold Member

Re: Concert in St George, London, 16th November 2012

Post by viabuona »

I think this concert will be held in a full house :D
Libera-News wrote: St Georges Tickets Update

November 10th, 2012 by Libera

Advance ticket sales for our concert for our concert at St George's Cathedral, Southwark on 16th November 2012 have now closed, although there will be some sight restricted tickets available at the door on the night.

We understand that some people have not yet received their tickets yet, however we do expect that Ticketweb will despatch all tickets before the concert. Please be assured that we will have sales lists at the door so anyone whose tickets have not arrived will be admitted.
Guess this will be a loooooooong queue :lol:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

I was thinking about songs I'd like to hear in a concert. Now that the impossible has been achieved and Voca Me is on the playlist can we have Vespera. Robert? Please :)

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:I was thinking about songs I'd like to hear in a concert. Now that the impossible has been achieved and Voca Me is on the playlist can we have Vespera. Robert? Please :)
Yes please RP.

Vespera is the one piece I would love to hear performed in a cathedral.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:
Yorkie wrote:I was thinking about songs I'd like to hear in a concert. Now that the impossible has been achieved and Voca Me is on the playlist can we have Vespera. Robert? Please :)
Yes please RP.

Vespera
is the one piece I would love to hear performed in a cathedral.

That is the one song i dont think should be played again . It was Steven's song and just like when a great basketball player retires the number is also retired . Well this should be the case with Steven. Nobody will ever sing it like he did , case in point Far Away and so it should never come out of retirement .
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

dani wrote:
paul30003 wrote:
Vespera

That is the one song i dont think should be played again . It was Steven's song and just like when a great basketball player retires the number is also retired . Well this should be the case with Steven. Nobody will ever sing it like he did , case in point Far Away and so it should never come out of retirement .
It's only Steven's song until someone else sings it... Though I admit I'm pretty nervous about someone else singing Ralph's solos like The Fountain or Song of Life...
Btw Far Away got a whole new life thanks to Isaac, as far as I'm concerned.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:
paul30003 wrote:
Yes please RP.

Vespera

I know what you are saying dani but I don't think it matters in truth - Steven's version will live for ever as will his legend. I like the song and I think it would be great in the Cathedral setting. As to FA, one of my favourites, I like Issac's version. Different from MH but worthy of inclusion on the set list and pretty amazing for a 10 y.o. The guys like Isaac and Thomas have made me reconsider my prejudices about how well younger lads can sing. Do you hear that - I was wrong :shock:

Anyway, you can't compare quality music with a rubbish playground game like basket ball that has a squad of a hundred for a team of five :wink:

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Isaac sings it well but not to the quality that Michael sung it , due to the fact it was chosen due to Micheal's voice.

I do not mind other boys singing the same songs as its a must and Vespera is a top 5 song for me but its sacred and will never match up to Steven's so i do not see the point personally :lol:

But i would love

Silencium
Stabat
Veni Sancte
santus 2
attendite
Sing for ever
Something sings
to make a come back.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:
paul30003 wrote:
Yes please RP.

Vespera

I do not agree, that is just sentiment. If a boy has the ability, then why should it not be performed again. It will make no difference to Stevens performance of Vespera. Aled sung it again in 2006 it and it made no difference whatsoever.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:Isaac sings it well but not to the quality that Michael sung it , due to the fact it was chosen due to Micheal's voice.

I do not mind other boys singing the same songs as its a must and Vespera is a top 5 song for me but its sacred and will never match up to Steven's so i do not see the point personally :lol:

But i would love

Silencium
Stabat
Veni Sancte
santus 2
attendite
Sing for ever
Something sings
to make a come back.
I'm guessing MH was a few years older than Isaac when FA was recorded - from what I've heard of Isaac I think he has 'it'. There are a lot of similarities to his voice and to that of MH IMHO. I'm just hoping that these younger boys can last the distance as, unfortunately/understandably, a lot of the recent 'ones to watch' have had to move on to other things before they matured in to the group.

One thing I would say though is don't bother with Sanctus II - Locus Iste all the way!

Mercy & Love
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Yorkie wrote:
dani wrote:Isaac sings it well but not to the quality that Michael sung it , due to the fact it was chosen due to Micheal's voice.

But i would love

Silencium
Stabat
Veni Sancte
santus 2
attendite
Sing for ever
Something sings
to make a come back.
I'm guessing MH was a few years older than Isaac when FA was recorded - from what I've heard of Isaac I think he has 'it'. There are a lot of similarities to his voice and to that of MH IMHO. I'm just hoping that these younger boys can last the distance as, unfortunately/understandably, a lot of the recent 'ones to watch' have had to move on to other things before they matured in to the group.

One thing I would say though is don't bother with Sanctus II - Locus Iste all the way!
Nope Sanctus 2 is the best Sanctus :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

No idea how old Isaac is but Michael would of been 11 or 12 when it was recorded i would of thought.

Yes there seems to be a lot more boys leaving now but then the commitment is more i guess as they grow in popularity and do more tours and concerts .
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

+1 for (Veni) Sancte (No. 6 on the album 'New Dawn') One of my favourite Libera songs ever and it would be so awesome live! I think it was Liam did the solo on that and it was just amazing, well he did have a wonderful voice.

Also, Sacris Solemnis They have done that before live though it's been a while

Moot points as i will not be there on Friday but y'know, i am thinking ahead to Arundel (?) next year :D
"You are not alone"
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Heard Sancte and Sacris solemnis at my first Libera concert - Dublin 2009, front row 8) Unforgettable. Sancte has slowly become my nr. 1 favourite Libera song, period, and part of the reason why was the impression from that performance.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Ahhh, maarten, it appears you are correct that both Sancte and Sacris Solemnis were on the setlist in Dublin 2009!

This was my second Libera concert and i was in the second row....how could i forget :oops:

I would love to see them make a comeback, fingers crossed for future dates :D
"You are not alone"