November Concerts in Northern Ireland 2012

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: November Concerts in Northern Ireland

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes, they usually chain Libera onto Jubiliate for their opening. I always associate the start with a slow soloist movement to begin with i.e. Glory to thee, Jubilate - Dies irae is quite lively from the word go isn't it?

Great that 'Voca Me' finally makes it stage debut. Long time overdue. Would love to hear their update on 'Be Still My Soul' very appropriate as we head towards remembrance day.... and 'Mysterium' is one of all my all time 'concert' favourites, especially when an Organ is involved.

There are some lucky people in Northern Ireland tonight, and tomorrow that's for sure!
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yes, they usually chain Libera onto Jubiliate for their opening. I always associate the start with a slow soloist movement to begin with i.e. Glory to thee, Jubilate - Dies irae is quite lively from the word go isn't it?

Great that 'Voca Me' finally makes it stage debut. Long time overdue. Would love to hear their update on 'Be Still My Soul' very appropriate as we head towards remembrance day.... and 'Mysterium' is one of all my all time 'concert' favourites, especially when an Organ is involved.

There are some lucky people in Northern Ireland tonight, and tomorrow that's for sure!

Thankfull ony two weeks till St G's :) :) As it sounds amazing.

Yep Dies Irae is a new one for them as its quite bouncy as a opening song but it will get people in the mood for what is to come and its a new opening which is fantastic :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

boys on stage tonight

Henry Barrington, Anthony Blake, Tiarnan Branson, Ciaran Bradbury-Hickey, Jude Collins, Luke Collins, Kavana Crossley, Thomas Delgado-Little, Dylan Duffy, Benjamin Fairman, Daniel Fontannaz, Matthew Jansen, Anthony Kerr-Munley, Stefan Leadbeater, Isaac London, Alessandro Mackinnon-Botti, Joshua Madine, Matthew Madine , Eoghan McCarthy, Oscar McFall, Michael Menezes, Sammy Moriarty, Kuba Niedermaier-Reed, Cassius O'Connell-White, Matthew Rangel-Alvares, Carlos Rodriguez, Ralph Skan, Bertie Smart, Michael Ustynovych-Repa, Sam Wiggin, and Lucas Wood.

No Barney so that now confirms he has left. A shame as he was a happy performer but school work and other commitments come first.
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Yes indeed, a condensed version of Libera was the encore.

Standout moment for me tonight was 'Be still my soul' utterly beautiful with Thomas DL's harmonies (high bits)

Robert P was standing while conducting, no piano or keyboard for him tonight, that was left to Steven Geraghty, Ian Tilley and Josh Madine, when he wasnt on stage performing

After a 5 hour drive to get there i began queing at around 4pm with a small crew of other committed (or maybe we should be committed!) fans, including a strong French team of Fan de Lok who brought along his 13 year old nephew (Vergil i think is his name) Bernard, Francois and one or two others whose name i did not get. Also there was Yorkie, Paul003, Viboana, john 45 (Canada) Libera Grandpa (USA) Yuki and her mother and a dutch guy. It was really really cold outside, some had come prepared with wooly hats, scarves and gloves. We really could have done with some patio heaters out there! In fact that crew of a dozen or so people stayed out in the cold for 3 hours before the doors opened without hardly anyone else joining us.

However as the doors opened people did start arriving and there was a decent gathering for the huge cathedral by the end. It was by no means full, but not a bad show at all given that some fans held out for the london concert in two weeks time. Signed copies of the program were on sale for £5 as well as the christmas CD and the 'new' song of life CD (£10 i think)

Some of us had ticket problems before arriving (in my case my tickets were sent to france instead of Ireland and i never got them in the end) Strangely enough no one from Libera came out before the doors opened to hand out tickets that were optioned for collection at the venue. However i had no problem getting in and i dont believe i was asked at all for my ticket (though i had my confirmation email in my pocket to prove i had paid for one) and i got a good seat in the second row with a nice view of the stage.

The boys were in top form, Matthew Jansen, Thomas DL and Eoghan mcCarthy had more than one solo each. Good to see Josh still there at the ripe old age of 18. 31 boys on stage in all and they did not put a foot wrong. Well there is still Belfast tomorrow evening, once i recover from the frostbite this evening :lol:
"You are not alone"
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Here the songlist with the soloists:

Dies Irae: Matthew RA,Ciaran
Gloria: Matthew RA (High Tones)
Eternal light: Jude,Thomas
Voca Me: MeCiaran
Sanctus
I Vow to thee my country: Dylan,Matthius J,Thomas
Salva Me: Matthew RA (High Tones)
Be still my Soul: Matthew J, Thomas
How shall I sing: Eoghan

Mysterium: Jude
Orinoco Flow
Far away: Isaac
The Fountain: Matthew J,Thomas
Grateful Heart: Thomas,Michael U
Ave Verum: Dylan,Matthew J,Ciaran,Henry
Sanctissima: Eoghan,(Thomas)
Stay with me: Cassius
Glory to Thee: Eoghan
Exultate: Thomas

Encore:
Libera: Eoghan

It was a goog concert with approx. 200 visitors. Unfortunately without the church organ :(
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

viabuona wrote:Here the songlist with the soloists:

Dies Irae: Matthew RA,Ciaran
Gloria: Matthew RA (High Tones)
Eternal light: Jude,Thomas
Voca Me: MeCiaran
Sanctus
I Vow to thee my country: Dylan,Matthius J,Thomas
Salva Me: Matthew RA (High Tones)
Be still my Soul: Matthew J, Thomas
How shall I sing: Eoghan

Mysterium: Jude
Orinoco Flow
Far away: Isaac
The Fountain: Matthew J,Thomas
Grateful Heart: Thomas,Michael U
Ave Verum: Dylan,Matthew J,Ciaran,Henry
Sanctissima: Eoghan,(Thomas)
Stay with me: Cassius
Glory to Thee: Eoghan
Exultate: Thomas

Encore:
Libera: Eoghan

It was a goog concert with approx. 200 visitors. Unfortunately without the church organ :(
Thank you so much for the update!! I'm sure you enjoyed every moment of the concert... :)
Why (Thomas) in Sanctissima? Do you know which song(s) Josh played keyboards?
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

dearmadine wrote: Why (Thomas) in Sanctissima? Do you know which song(s) Josh played keyboards?
Thomas sang the high notes.
dearmadine
Silver Member

Post by dearmadine »

viabuona wrote:
dearmadine wrote: Why (Thomas) in Sanctissima? Do you know which song(s) Josh played keyboards?
Thomas sang the high notes.
Ah, thank you!
BEAUTIFUL STRANGERS*
http://dearmadine.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
labbie

Post by labbie »

Thank you to all who are writing the accounts of the concerts. It's wonderful to see how Libera evolves with every appearance. As far as the continuing loyalty and dedication of the older boys is concerned, Josh, Jonathan and Tiarnan, as well as the older ones such as Stefan and Ralph are all to be commended for their contributions to Libera.
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

Thanks for the reports! It really makes me wish I could go to one :( Oh, well, I'm going to Europe for Christmas so I guess that's ok :D
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

I was wondering who was at the front of the "V" formation on Ave Verum. I asked Yuki, and she said it was Tiarnan! :D To the left was Sammy then Daniel and to the right was Ralph and then Stefan. Josh was playing the keyboard.
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

maartendas wrote: Did they ever sing Voca Me live before?
In five years of attending concerts, I've never seen it performed.
Certainly it hasn't been done recently.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks Tony and CF for your insight on tonight's show!

I'm still a bit surprised that Josh is there, but not near as much as Sammy's return.
Amazing that there were so many (5) who were not on the summer tour who turned up
for this one.

Also surprising to me that Song of Life was scrapped from the set list whilst the CD with the
same name is being marketed at the event.

Really glad to see Voca Me added to the set list. Hope it sticks around into next season
so that I get the chance to see it performed live.

Looking forward to hearing more details on this show and the one in Belfast as people's time
permits.
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Fantastic! Thank you again and again to those who post these reviews! I know that for me it's fascinating to hear/read about which boy(s) have taken over certain roles and solos and such, and having only heard Libera live once I just can't imagine how the sound has changed. There are so many new songs since I heard them in Minneapolis two summers ago, and I can't wait to hear them again!!! I do hope they keep Far Away and Voca Me on for awhile. I'm always excited to learn which songs they're going to perform in concert, but to have the oldies like those two come back is just awesome.

And speaking of "oldies" how about that Josh M., eh? I'd hoped that he would continue being part of the group at least, at the ripe old age of 18, but to actually be still performing with them??? That's just cool. He and Tiarnan--how much younger is Tiarnan than Josh?--must just be like super mentors to the little 'uns. Can you imagine an 18 year old kid spending his free time teaching an 8 year old kid to sing? That's just...wow. 8)

P.S. Sorry about my rambling. I really can't find the right words sometimes. :)
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks for these reviews. I'm surprised that Ralph and Stefan have no solos anymore. Makes my memory of Arundel even more special...
Still, looking forward to St. George's, as I'm guessing I now know what to expect that night and it sounds like a new experience.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above