Songs of Praise Palm Sunday 2012

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Songs of Praise Palm Sunday 2012

Post by JimmyRiddle »

mmmm.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01fhl7h" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - April 1st Palm Sunday

It's the same line-up as the program titled 'God Made Man' which as we know from this thread was shown on 4th December, even the presenter is the same. So either they are going to repeat their songs (would they repeat Still, Still, Still on Palm Sunday edition?) or fingers crossed the artists will be performing their second songs. Could this be the 'How Shall I Sing That Majesty'? Barney referenced in the Classic FM interview? We will get a mini-preview on Sunday.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Re: Songs of Praise Palm Sunday 2012

Post by LuxVenit »

I very highly doubt that they'd repeat "Still, Still, Still" on Palm Sunday, and from what information you've given (and from the very little I know, haha) I'd guess that "How Shall I Sing That Majesty" would be a fairly appropriate substitution.

Unless SoP isn't going along with the proper church calendar (i.e Christmas song vs. Palm Sunday anthem) I'd say that "Still..." is definitely out. I do love seeing that Libera is going to be part of the program though, whatever they're singing. :)
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

SoP loosely follows the church calendar, for instance last Sunday had the Mothering Sunday theme (a British tradition to bring flowers to your mother church and/or honour your own Mum). There's no way they'll sing Still, Still, Still on Palm Sunday. How Shall I Sing would fit since it speaks of God's majesty and on Palm Sunday, Jesus is being welcomed into Jerusalem as a king...
We'll know in 10 days :) Looking forward to it :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

maartendas wrote:SoP loosely follows the church calendar, for instance last Sunday had the Mothering Sunday theme (a British tradition to bring flowers to your mother church and/or honour your own Mum). There's no way they'll sing Still, Still, Still on Palm Sunday. How Shall I Sing would fit since it speaks of God's majesty and on Palm Sunday, Jesus is being welcomed into Jerusalem as a king...
We'll know in 10 days :) Looking forward to it :)
My thoughts exactly. I wasn't exactly sure about how loosely they follow the liturgical calendar, but like we both agree, Libera will NOT be singing "Still, Still, Still." That's quite a bit of a far cry from loosely following the church calendar.

Ten days, and I hope someone will post it on YouTube so those of us who can't access the program can see it too. Palm Sunday is one of my favorite church services, but I'm a bit of a former church monkey so that probably isn't saying a lot. :)
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
chris17

Post by chris17 »

It does sound like it's going to be How Shall I Sing, which is one of my absolute favorite Libera songs. :D I can't wait!
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

chris17 wrote:It does sound like it's going to be How Shall I Sing, which is one of my absolute favorite Libera songs. :D I can't wait!
I love How Shall I Sing too!! If it's the new recording, won't Eoghan be singing the solo?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Looking forward to the program, too :) !
I'll try to watch it online somehow.
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Szepilona wrote:
chris17 wrote:It does sound like it's going to be How Shall I Sing, which is one of my absolute favorite Libera songs. :D I can't wait!
I love How Shall I Sing too!! If it's the new recording, won't Eoghan be singing the solo?
My Absolute favorite to!! IF it's a new recording than it will prob be Stef and Eoghan!! Which would be great, because Stefans voice has grown SOOO much since the last recording of How shall I..
Can't wait for the Youtube vid to arrive in Ethiopia!! :D
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:We will get a mini-preview on Sunday.
Here is a screen cap from today Songs of Praise, during the "next week" sequence.
It really seems the coming video is not "Still Still Still", due to many things, the light, absence of candles, the boys location with Eoghan and Stefan at the center :)

Below is two screen caps from Still Still Still to compare :)
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

fan_de_LoK wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:We will get a mini-preview on Sunday.
Here is a screen cap from today Songs of Praise, during the "next week" sequence.

It really seems the coming video is not "Still Still Still", due to many things, the light, absence of candles, the boys location with Eoghan and Stefan at the center :)

I remember that back when "Still Still Still" aired Dec. 4, 2011, the preview the week before showed this same formation, NOT the formation for "Still Still Still."

Last edited by maartendas on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quoted picture
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I only see little frogs where the pictures are supposed to be, but if you have Eoghan and Stefan in the middle, then it's gotta be How Shall I Sing.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I told my boyfriend after watching Songs of Praise yesterday that there was bound to be a discussion on the forum about the 1 second preview shot and you guys don't disappoint :lol: And yep, the outcome so far of the discussion is as I predicted ;)
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to watch, so hoping for a video later ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

maartendas wrote:I told my boyfriend after watching Songs of Praise yesterday that there was bound to be a discussion on the forum about the 1 second preview shot and you guys don't disappoint :lol: And yep, the outcome so far of the discussion is as I predicted ;)
I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to watch, so hoping for a video later ;)
If recent form continues, Libera will have it ready to view on their YouTube channel a few minutes after the the video airs on UK tv.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote: If recent form continues, Libera will have it ready to view on their YouTube channel a few minutes after the the video airs on UK tv.
That would be appreciated :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

If it is 'HSISTM' I hope they don't reduce it to 2 minutes or so. Its the kind of song that benefits from the build up. Then again with 3 artsist in the line-up you fear the worst.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez