Songs of Praise Palm Sunday 2012

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

katyafan
Silver Member

Re: Songs of Praise Palm Sunday 2012

Post by katyafan »

i can't wait!

i could really use some Libera right now, and looking forward to the "coming out video" of a new soloist!!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:If it is 'HSISTM' I hope they don't reduce it to 2 minutes or so. Its the kind of song that benefits from the build up.
Then again with 3 artsist in the line-up you fear the worst.
In fact 4 Artists and 8 songs are planned ! :mrgreen:

We will be very lucky if HSISTM remains uncut ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01fhl7h" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Do you think it's likely the program will be filmed at All Saints Church?
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Sad times it's a shortened version - no official solo from Eoghan, however he is filmed a lot! Lovely vid :)
Danie :D
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Here we go! :D
[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
For promotional purposes only :wink:
Uploaded by skypilot87uk
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Here the link from Treble from the French-Forum 'Libera Passion' in HD

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Thank you Treble :D
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

Ahhhh! Even in its shortened version I get goosebumps while listening... :shock:
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

danieb88 wrote:Sad times it's a shortened version - no official solo from Eoghan, however he is filmed a lot! Lovely vid :)
I am positive he joins Stefan as soloist at around 0:30 and also shares the solo spot at the 1:25 mark (a real pity they edited the song that way, btw)
Only problem I have is, it doesn't seem live... :?: Am I right, what do others think?

Also: Matt (far right) looks grown :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:
danieb88 wrote:Sad times it's a shortened version - no official solo from Eoghan, however he is filmed a lot! Lovely vid :)
I am positive he joins Stefan as soloist at around 0:30 and also shares the solo spot at the 1:25 mark (a real pity they edited the song that way, btw)
Only problem I have is, it doesn't seem live... :?: Am I right, what do others think?

Also: Matt (far right) looks grown :)

It is not live. It is the album track. No doubt Stefan's voice has matured since it was recorded in winter 2009/2010 ( gone blank on when it was released)
Last edited by maartendas on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quoted picture
chris17

Post by chris17 »

I agree maartendas, I could definitely hear Eoghan's voice, but Stefan's solo and everything else sounded exactly like it did on the album. I think they took the song from the album and then added Eoghan's voice to it. I don't think any of it was live.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

chris17 wrote:I agree maartendas, I could definitely hear Eoghan's voice, but Stefan's solo and everything else sounded exactly like it did on the album. I think they took the song from the album and then added Eoghan's voice to it. I don't think any of it was live.

Now you mention it after re-listening i do also maybe hear hints of Eughans voice. But it is Stefans old recording so totally confused.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

dani wrote:
chris17 wrote:I agree maartendas, I could definitely hear Eoghan's voice, but Stefan's solo and everything else sounded exactly like it did on the album. I think they took the song from the album and then added Eoghan's voice to it. I don't think any of it was live.

Now you mention it after re-listening i do also maybe hear hints of Eughans voice. But it is Stefans old recording so totally confused.
Yeah, I was a little confused how they did it too, because apparently they just recorded Eoghan's voice and added it in...but then, I figured they do stuff like that everytime they make an album, so I guess there's no reason they couldn't have. If you listen when they sing "sun" around 0:36 in the video Viabuona posted, you can hear Eoghan singing it with a "grace note" like he does sometimes (where he starts on a lower note and very quickly moves up to the higher note, if that makes sense). You can tell the difference if you go to that spot on the album track and compare.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Confused, too. Really, nothing is live there. Clear that it's the cd version from 2010 & video recording from december 2011.