Re: Concert in Arundel - 5 May 2012

Post by maartendas »

You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Loved your review Maarten & thanks for clarifying the song Eoghan sang at the start of the second act - that completely clears it up. The words are the same but RP & Ian Tilley set them to different music for Ave Verum/Attendite and added verses in English - I recognised the Latin words and the Gregorian style but not being too familiar with that type of music I didn't make the connection to what the song was.

For those interested, the first one is BB singing Attendite - strip out the music & English words for a flavour of what Eoghan sang or look at the second clip which gives a more accurate comparison to Saturday:

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
Last edited by Yorkie on Tue May 08, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks Yorkie :) I recognised the song immediately as it is a well known piece for Advent and Lent.

One question: the part in Gloria when the lights went out and there was only a light on the cross, does anyone remember what part of the song it was? I did not pay attention and my boyfriend wants to know :)
viabuona
Gold Member

Post by viabuona »

Congratulations Libera, the third sold-out concert in a row. :D

Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Thanks for all the reviews and pictures, everyone! Loved reading them all! I really hope to make it up to Arundel for a concert one day, as the environment sounds lovely! (And sorry I've been MIA lately! School, choir, drivers ed, and the works are keeping me off the computer.. but it's almost summer!) :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I have just seen this video and could the person who recorded it be anymore of a stalker????

I can not believe how he is invading everybody personal space. Including the staff. Absolutely no respect what so ever.

i hope this person does not post on here.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:I have just seen this video and could the person who recorded it be anymore of a stalker????

I can not believe how he is invading everybody personal space. Including the staff. Absolutely no respect what so ever.

I think that the stalker taking this video was the very very large gentleman who was hovering not far behind us. I saw him rush over to the Boys as they approached the cathedral.. :evil:
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

paul30003 wrote:
dani wrote:I have just seen this video and could the person who recorded it be anymore of a stalker????

I think that the stalker taking this video was the very very large gentleman who was hovering not far behind us. I saw him rush over to the Boys as they approached the cathedral.. :evil:

The same person at ST G's who was filming them upstairs though the window?
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I was rather hoping to ignore this video on here. I saw it via Angel Voices and the French forum and had a bad feeling about it, but did not want to start a discussion here as well. As in: the less attention it gets, the sooner it will disappear (hopefully).
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:I was rather hoping to ignore this video on here. I saw it via Angel Voices and the French forum and had a bad feeling about it, but did not want to start a discussion here as well. As in: the less attention it gets, the sooner it will disappear (hopefully).

Unless it is taken down by Libera it wont be. If this is now the person i think it is then he has a history of filming them at inappropriate times.

Drawing attention to what a creep this guy this could be a good thing as he clearly needs telling that his behavior is totally unacceptable .
smiley_pinder

Post by smiley_pinder »

Rebecca (:"]Thanks for all the reviews and pictures, everyone! Loved reading them all! I really hope to make it up to Arundel for a concert one day, as the environment sounds lovely! (And sorry I've been MIA lately! School, choir, drivers ed, and the works are keeping me off the computer.. but it's almost summer!) :)"

We would like to second Rebecca's comment. Thank you to everyone who has posted the reviews and photos from Arundel and the recent tours. We have enjoyed following along and being there in spirit at least. Thanks again to all.
Marion & Heather, Canada
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Just listening to The Fountain now and realised I am missing the live version from Arundel with the lower note in the chorus (for "Free my thirsty soul again"). I thougt it was pretty cool that a changed version could be in my head so well that I actually miss it even though the original is such a favourite of mine :D The changed version actually has an even more serious, mature, nuanced feel to it. How great! I bet we will never get a recording of it though :(

About filming the boys in an inappropriate manner: if we see someone doing this we should tell them to stop. In this case we realise it only afterwards and I don't think throwing 'online mud' at the person responsible will change anything. The best remedy would be to confront them as they are doing it. But that's pretty tough. For instance if someone wants to film the boys from a distance but someone else thinks they are invading too much, do we tell them off? Even if that person means no harm? That would mean running the risk of creating an atmosphere of mistrust among fans. It's a tricky subject. It's so much easier to condemn someone afterwards but then again like I said I don't think it is constructive in the long run. So maybe it will always exist and in that case, the less attention it gets, the better. Maybe if no one responds to videos like this, people will stop posting them.
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

In this case, I think this person should of been told or at least libera staff should of been informed of this
He is a repeat offender and was recognised also at st g's
He also attempted to film during the concert "remember Yorkie" if I see him acting up at another concert I certainly will say a few things to him. I did not notice him at st g's myself which is why I did not say anything this time.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
kay
Silver Member

Post by kay »

Just to say thank you to all who took the time and trouble to post reviews oif the concert and also the pictures of the poster with the signatures. And to say, to those whoi attended, glad you enjoyed it so much.
I Listen To the Music Of Angels
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

I think the guy might possibly be Hungarian. i dont think he speaks much english. he seems to be on his own at these concerts.

yeah i mean i didnt like how intrusive some of that footage was, and was surprised that someone in authority at Libera did not confront him over that. I mean we do all like to see some behind the scenes footage, and i recall a Youtube vid from the Clifton Cathedral concert from a French fan that also showed the boys arriving to the concert and some footage of them rehearsing inside. Could that also be called creepy cos i recall it as a very nice video to see, from the perspective of someone who had not been there.

The guy may not get that his actions are too intrusive, and indeed if he is from Hungary, perhaps people are not so hung up on these issues as they are in the UK.

I think a lot of this sneaky filming might be avoided if Libera did not treat fans that come to the UK as second best. I mean even if they only had a meet and greet every couple years, or allowed a few mns after the concert for pictures to be taken as they did in Bristol 2 years ago. I don't see the big deal in that. Fans at any concert like to have keepsakes and momentos of that event, and pics and video clips form a big part of that.
"You are not alone"