Chris Evans show

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: Chris Evans show

Post by maartendas »

Thanks Dani! :D

Can anyone, a tech wizzkid, find a way to keep this forever and not just the 7 days they have it on iPlayer? :wink:
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

well, it's easy to record the audio with a simple software as Audacity and then edit redord to keep the Libera parts :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I was on lates at work tonight, and then watched BBC Sports Personality Year award - thanks for the timestamps I dont' know when I would have had time to listen to the full 3hr show. So going off your timestamps here are Libera's contributions...

Libera edits from Chris Evans Show 23122011.MP4 - 6.77MB

Choose download file link if you want to save it to your hard disk.

The things I do - I got to be up in 5hrs :roll: .... but on the flip-side - it's the last day before Christmas Break!!

ps. I thought their acapella musical contributions were wonderful.... especially that early in the morning!
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Thank you Jimmy for uploading it. I wasn't able to stream it for whatever reason, so I just downloaded it.

I always wondered what they sounded like a cappella and now I know :) I thought they sounded great. I was a little worried about how they would sound without the "production" but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm actually not a huge fan of a cappella singing, but I think they sounded as good as any other large group I've heard. Wonder if they would ever release an album like this?
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Oh wow. This is so lovely. Thanks all for sharing.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Bullehynka

Post by Bullehynka »

Thank you very much JimmyRiddle ! I like the A Cappella version, it sounds different. They should do this more often :D
Who does the solo on "Away in manger"
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thank you Jimmy! What would we ever do without you? :)

Unfortunately though, I am having trouble playing the file. RealPlayer can open it but then nothing happens, even if I wait for several minutes. I tried solving the problem in RealPlayer itself but without success.
Windows MediaPlayer is simply unable to open the file. It has something to do with codecs and maybe I should download a codec pack to resolve this but I am unsure if I should and if it's safe.
I also tried converting the file to MP3 by using different online conversion websites but everytime I received a message that there was a problem with the file.
Any tips? Maybe it'll show up on Youtube before I found a solution ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
timjanni

Post by timjanni »

maartendas wrote:Thank you Jimmy! What would we ever do without you? :)

Unfortunately though, I am having trouble playing the file. RealPlayer can open it but then nothing happens, even if I wait for several minutes. I tried solving the problem in RealPlayer itself but without success.
Windows MediaPlayer is simply unable to open the file. It has something to do with codecs and maybe I should download a codec pack to resolve this but I am unsure if I should and if it's safe.
I also tried converting the file to MP3 by using different online conversion websites but everytime I received a message that there was a problem with the file.
Any tips? Maybe it'll show up on Youtube before I found a solution ;)
I had similar problems, too. Finally downloaded the file from the player using a flash grabber and it worked. Please try this file: Libera - Chris Evens Show
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

If it's simpler to use, here my own audio edit, made as mp3 :
http://dl.free.fr/iWCSEkR1M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (4.9 MB)
timjanni

Post by timjanni »

fan_de_LoK wrote:If it's simpler to use, here my own audio edit, made as mp3 :
http://dl.free.fr/iWCSEkR1M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (4.9 MB)
For the few of us not fluent in French, please click "Télécharger ce fichier". :)
Orange_The_Talent

Post by Orange_The_Talent »

LennesSL wrote:Loved it! Love to hear other songs also!!

Who is singing the solo from away in a manger?? Don't recognize the voice. Not Stefan or Ralph. Right??
The high notes in the middle I guess that's Stefan, and the final part Cassius?...not sure though. It's quite a tender voice :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It sounded like a voice we have not heard before and quite young so going on that i will guess Matthew J or Jude. As they look the youngest boys there besides Cassius and that does not sound like him.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I thought it might have been Eoghan on the last solo for 'Away In A Manger' - but that's just a guess. I really like their 'Winter Wonderland' cover - very unique and impressive arrangement. Just shows you what they are capable of with just a mic & their voices.

Sorry you've had some trouble playing the file, my usual software didn't want to play ball last night and I ended up downloading the whole program as flash (flv) and editing via power director. If I had the time and patience I could have got a better quality mp3 out of it. Maybe next time.

I would very much like a full version of 'Winter Wonderland' please libera - if your listening for next year ;)
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

JimmyRiddle wrote:I thought it might have been Eoghan on the last solo for 'Away In A Manger' - but that's just a guess. I really like their 'Winter Wonderland' cover - very unique and impressive arrangement. Just shows you what they are capable of with just a mic & their voices.

Sorry you've had some trouble playing the file, my usual software didn't want to play ball last night and I ended up downloading the whole program as flash (flv) and editing via power director. If I had the time and patience I could have got a better quality mp3 out of it. Maybe next time.

I would very much like a full version of 'Winter Wonderland' please libera - if your listening for next year ;)
Eoghan was my first guess too :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

maartendas wrote:Maybe it'll show up on Youtube before I found a solution ;)
Maybe it will ;)

[youtube][/youtube]
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez