Appearance on ITV (UK) 21/12/11

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

FanInPlymouth

Appearance on ITV (UK) 21/12/11

Post by FanInPlymouth »

JimmyRiddle has already made reference to it but Libera are appearing on ITV's This Morning on Wednesday 23rd 21st in the UK. Thanks to @LiberaGrandpa for the info.
Last edited by FanInPlymouth on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Appearance on ITV (UK) 21/12/11

Post by fan_de_LoK »

FanInPlymouth wrote:Libera are appearing on ITV's This Morning on Wednesday 23rd in the UK.
Wednesday 21th, isn't it ?
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

You're correct FdL, my typo error - It's Wednesday 21st.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes, could well be their last Christmas promo - I'll record it if I can but Channel 5 blocked my upload from the Gabby program. :roll:
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yes, could well be their last Christmas promo - I'll record it if I can but Channel 5 blocked my upload from the Gabby program. :roll:

And the fact Libera did not upload it on there Chanel probs mean they couldn't get permission from five
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yes, could well be their last Christmas promo - I'll record it if I can but Channel 5 blocked my upload from the Gabby program. :roll:
Please try to upload it anyway. The Live with Gabby video may be blocked in the UK, but we can still see it here in the US. :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Possibly a file sharing site so fans abroad can watch the interview?????
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

The last two days, Andrea Bocelli and Alfie Boe have performed at approx 12:20 - closing out the show. It will probably be the same tomorrow for Libera. Bocelli & Boe got their full time allocation to sing the song from start to end, so I hope they treat Libera with the same courtesy. After two recent short offerings, it would be unlucky for 3-in-a-row. I've set the recorder so unless there is a power-cut, whatever they do sing, will be shared.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:The last two days, Andrea Bocelli and Alfie Boe have performed at approx 12:20 - closing out the show. It will probably be the same tomorrow for Libera. Bocelli & Boe got their full time allocation to sing the song from start to end, so I hope they treat Libera with the same courtesy. After two recent short offerings, it would be unlucky for 3-in-a-row. I've set the recorder so unless there is a power-cut, whatever they do sing, will be shared.

I just hope its not carol of the bells. Anything else would make a very welcomed change. I just find it quite a repetitive song and i am already tiring slightly of it. Which is unlike the other songs they sing that i can listen to over and over. How Shall I sing is on about 350 plays this year alone.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes a new carol would be nice, but I have a feeling it might be Carol of the Bells again. It's popular with the boys as per Simon Lewis interview on Sydenham Radio and although we've been saturated with it a little being 'libera' fans, it's still a song that makes a great first impression for new audiences. They will be going out a to a few million tomorrow morning.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yes a new carol would be nice, but I have a feeling it might be Carol of the Bells again. It's popular with the boys as per Simon Lewis interview on Sydenham Radio and although we've been saturated with it a little being 'libera' fans, it's still a song that makes a great first impression for new audiences. They will be going out a to a few million tomorrow morning.

How in the world do you find this stuff?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yes a new carol would be nice, but I have a feeling it might be Carol of the Bells again. It's popular with the boys as per Simon Lewis interview on Sydenham Radio and although we've been saturated with it a little being 'libera' fans, it's still a song that makes a great first impression for new audiences. They will be going out a to a few million tomorrow morning.
This will be heard by a few million ??? WOW !!!!
Let it be Carol of The Bells then. Judging by the charts - it seems to be the most liked by the mainstream :)
AND if I heard correctly- it's the favourite carol as for the boys themselves!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

dani wrote:
JimmyRiddle wrote:The last two days, Andrea Bocelli and Alfie Boe have performed at approx 12:20 - closing out the show. It will probably be the same tomorrow for Libera. Bocelli & Boe got their full time allocation to sing the song from start to end, so I hope they treat Libera with the same courtesy. After two recent short offerings, it would be unlucky for 3-in-a-row. I've set the recorder so unless there is a power-cut, whatever they do sing, will be shared.

I just hope its not carol of the bells. Anything else would make a very welcomed change. I just find it quite a repetitive song and i am already tiring slightly of it. Which is unlike the other songs they sing that i can listen to over and over. How Shall I sing is on about 350 plays this year alone.
Sorry dani but I think Carol of the Bells is perfect for promoting Libera - it is a high impact song that is very memorable for people new to the group. I'm sure it will be COTB tomorrow and I think it is the right choice of song to promote the group to a wider audience. the ITunes ranking of the song shows its ability to connect to the audience.
Last edited by Yorkie on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

dani wrote:I just hope its not carol of the bells. Anything else would make a very welcomed change. I just find it quite a repetitive song and i am already tiring slightly of it. Which is unlike the other songs they sing that i can listen to over and over. How Shall I sing is on about 350 plays this year alone.

For a 1 shot promo, I think it would be a great piece to captivate new fans.

Yes, maybe could become a little tiresome if listened to many many times, but unlikely as its being broadcast on TV. I personally think this song portrays Libera in a more mainstream way and would be more appealing to a wider audience rather than just us purists
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Libera are singing Joy to the world

and they mentioned to mispronounce the name yet again :lol: