Appearance on ITV (UK) 21/12/11

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Appearance on ITV (UK) 21/12/11

Post by dani »

Stefan, Barney, Luke, Carlos, Eoghan, Dylan, Cassius, Matthew RA, Ralph,Matthew J, Jude - at the front
Daniel, Josh, Alex, Kavana, Jakob - at the back

No Ben . Liam , Sam , Tiarnan JB & Henry .
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

The sketch...(edited down to Libera participation or else you'd still be watching it on Christmas Day!)

[youtube][/youtube]

The performance....

[youtube][/youtube]

P.S. Click to open up in YouTube and you will get the full 16:9 widescreen. Sorry not HD (the original program was only upscale from SD) but high bitrate conversion.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
katyafan
Silver Member

Post by katyafan »

thank you very much for uploading it!

i loved the cracker skit, and what a wonderful performance!!! they did a great job, and it was nice to hear this song, because they had already done Carol of the Bells so much.

well done boys!!!!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks for these uploads! :D The sketch video is unique in that it shows three Libera boys in different leisure wear. I wonder what made them go for that decision as it is a complete break from tradition. Too bad though the cameras didn't get good shots all the time. Oh well. The tarzipan joke was quite good ;)

Joy to the World - I loved hearing that second verse (around 1:02) you can really make out the different voices.
Though I haven't a clue who does the descants. Cassius?
Btw Matthew J has such a distinct facial expression when he sings, I get a kick out of watching him :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

I guess on the descants are Eoghan & Matthew Rangel around 2:10 & Stefan around 1:02.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

maartendas wrote:Thanks for these uploads! :D The sketch video is unique in that it shows three Libera boys in different leisure wear. I wonder what made them go for that decision as it is a complete break from tradition.

Just to get into the xmas cheer. It wont would of looked weird them being in a school uniform at this time of the year. So having the jumpers on made them look like fun relaxed happy kids.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Christmas themed knitted jumpers are back in vogue apparently. They used to just be something dad would wear on the special day, but Justin Beiber had a photo-shoot wearing one at £1,200 and everybody wants one now. No I don't follow JB but I came across it in the newspaper.

Higher Quality wmv file 'Joy to the World' not the converted flash you see on youtube

Libera _ Joy to the World _ This Morning Show.wmv - 51.31MB
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

dani wrote:
maartendas wrote:Thanks for these uploads! :D The sketch video is unique in that it shows three Libera boys in different leisure wear. I wonder what made them go for that decision as it is a complete break from tradition.

Just to get into the xmas cheer. It wont would of looked weird them being in a school uniform at this time of the year. So having the jumpers on made them look like fun relaxed happy kids.
School uniforms would be weird but even without the robes you also often see them in matching sweatshirts and so on. They deliberately gave each boy a unique look and that was highly remarkable. It made me wonder: was it just their own clothes or did they have a stylist from the show? ;)
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Wonderful! Thanks a lot for the upload JR, i'm sure that takes quite a bit of effort. Yes i really liked the christmas jumpers on them, though it looks like their standard uniform underneath. Great to hear Joy to the World, it is one of my faves off the album. No sign of Michael though or Isaac or Kieran, i guess they cant be everywhere. :lol:
"You are not alone"
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

Sue wrote:I guess on the descants are Eoghan & Matthew Rangel around 2:10 & Stefan around 1:02.
The actual descant of the song is definitely done by Eoghan (who I think does that part on his own on the album?) and Matthew. Then there are a few other higher harmonies which are done by a number of boys.

A really nice performance anyway – and it's good that this time they actually got to sing the full song live. :) They seem to be doing JTTW live with a slower tempo than on the album though, I'm really wondering why that is...

And what on earth is going on with all the haircut comments on the YT video? :lol:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

So it's Eoghan? Awesome :) Hats off to that kid, he made a huge and promising impression on the Moody Church version of Glory to Thee and it looks like he has a bright future ahead as one of Libera's finest.
Matthew RA - he also did a fine job in Epsom this year. Good to see him coming more into the limelight. He seems a very modest and dedicated kid, who enjoys it all on his own way. And Stefan... well, what can you say? He's Stefan ;)

Is it their uniform underneath, I hadn't spotted that :)

Haircut comments are to be found on the forum as well... :roll: :wink:
Bullehynka

Post by Bullehynka »

I guess the descant is also sung by Luke if you look at the faces