How Shall I Sing.. on SoP

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

How Shall I Sing.. on SoP

Post by dani »

So for songs of Praise they have also recorded " How shall i sing" ... that would make sense as we thought Euoghan and Stefan looked like soloists .
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: How Shall I Sing.. on SoP

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:So for songs of Praise they have also recorded " How shall i sing" ... that would make sense as we thought Euoghan and Stefan looked like soloists .
Let's hope we get the full version if they do present it or at least feature the solo parts. The Stefan/Eoghan combination worked very well at St G They'll probably drop a verse knowing SoP's track record.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

SOP baffle me as up to about two years ago they always treated libera well and played a lot of there songs in full when thy was on . Yet now they just cut any proformance to shreds and it's so frustrating as a fan to watch a 4 min son become just under 2 mins.

I wonder what has changed to make this a regular occurrence in recent times ?!
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote:SOP baffle me as up to about two years ago they always treated libera well and played a lot of there songs in full when thy was on . Yet now they just cut any proformance to shreds and it's so frustrating as a fan to watch a 4 min son become just under 2 mins.

Hmm, maybe they don't want people to concentrate on soloists so much but more on the choir as a whole? Just a thought.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Murkskis wrote:
dani wrote:SOP baffle me as up to about two years ago they always treated libera well and played a lot of there songs in full when thy was on . Yet now they just cut any proformance to shreds and it's so frustrating as a fan to watch a 4 min son become just under 2 mins.

Hmm, maybe they don't want people to concentrate on soloists so much but more on the choir as a whole? Just a thought.

Sorry i dont understand this?

SOP wont care who solo's in a song. Its just clearly down to time restraints as it will be SOP of edit the final video. Libera wont have any say in how SOP edit the final product.

I am looking on youtube now and was "O Sanctissima" a full version?
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

dani wrote: SOP wont care who solo's in a song. Its just clearly down to time restraints as it will be SOP of edit the final video. Libera wont have any say in how SOP edit the final product.
'm not saying that Libera can influence how SOP edit the final product. What I'm saying SOP will care more about 'the setting' and not so much about the music. I mean SOP are more concerned to tell their story than to please any fan-base. Therefore it's not about treating Libera better or worse.
Actually Libera get some spotlight on TV now and then. SOP invites them pretty often.
I'm more worried about the critical reviews on BBC. Because they (BBC) definitely know how the last year's review came across...

Anyway, I'd be happy if the full video could pop up somewhere.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Murkskis wrote:

Although i am not from England, i can easily see what Dani is saying. Just compare their past SoP videos and the recent one Still Still. I am hoping that the cut was simply due to Ralph's absense.

It also surprised me that during SoP's 50th Anniv, they did not let Libera perform. Just one song but that was together with other choirs. And they just provided some background music to the other performers. If i remember correctly BBC's documentary on Libera, Aled Jones mentioned that Libera has performed in SoP more than any other singer or group in its history. If that's true, it would be decent and courteous to at least let Libera perform on the stage. Just my thoughts though; perhaps they asked Libera but the group declined.
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

Benj wrote:It also surprised me that during SoP's 50th Anniv, they did not let Libera perform. Just one song but that was together with other choirs.
There were 6 or 7 choirs there; if they'd let Libera have a solo, they'd have all wanted one!
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

FanInPlymouth wrote: There were 6 or 7 choirs there; if they'd let Libera have a solo, they'd have all wanted one!
As I mentioned, it is said that Libera performed the most number of times for SoP's videos throughout SoP's half a century history. I'm sure the other choirs know that. Having Libera perform on stage would've been a good gesture from SoP to show their appreciation towards Libera's legacy of contribution to their show.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

FanInPlymouth wrote:
Benj wrote:It also surprised me that during SoP's 50th Anniv, they did not let Libera perform. Just one song but that was together with other choirs.
There were 6 or 7 choirs there; if they'd let Libera have a solo, they'd have all wanted one!
Exactly. Can't agree more!
psykick

Post by psykick »

Benj wrote:
FanInPlymouth wrote: There were 6 or 7 choirs there; if they'd let Libera have a solo, they'd have all wanted one!
As I mentioned, it is said that Libera performed the most number of times for SoP's videos throughout SoP's half a century history. I'm sure the other choirs know that. Having Libera perform on stage would've been a good gesture from SoP to show their appreciation towards Libera's legacy of contribution to their show.
I agree. Loyalty breeds privilege. SoP should be aware that Libera has been its most frequent performer yet, and perhaps allowing them to perform on stage will show their gratuity towards this continued participation to the show.
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

FanInPlymouth wrote:

That is not at all true . You do not demand to be on SOP - you are invited by SOP and they won't have a say in who gets to solo and so on .

The guests do not demand anything and would be quickly uninvited if they tried to lay down the law I'm sure.

Example - you and 7 other people are invited to dinner, you notice they have been served something different . Do you as a guest demand they make you something else as another guest has been given something different.

No because it would be the height of rudenes !!!
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

dani wrote:
FanInPlymouth wrote:

That is not at all true . You do not demand to be on SOP - you are invited by SOP and they won't have a say in who gets to solo and so on .

The guests do not demand anything and would be quickly uninvited if they tried to lay down the law I'm sure.

Example - you and 7 other people are invited to dinner, you notice they have been served something different . Do you as a guest demand they make you something else as another guest has been given something different.

No because it would be the height of rudenes !!!
I think Dani is saying that if SOP did give special privilege to Libera, the other choirs are not in a position to demand. I agree. Probably just request, but not demand.

Just want to clear out but only to make sure it doesn't get misinterpreted, that i didn't say Libera demanded to perform on stage. The whole point was it would've been a good gesture on SOP's part IF they had asked Libera to perform on the stage. It's a simple way to say thank you for having the most videos in SOP's history. :wink:

May i ask where the info regarding How shall i sing came from? This is a really great song & i was wondering why they haven't done a video on it yet. I hope it doesn't take a year before they show it, just like the Eternal Light video.

Another song that i believe is appropriate for Song of Praise would be Exsultate! It's literally is a song of praise.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

psykick wrote:
Benj wrote:
I agree. Loyalty breeds privilege. SoP should be aware that Libera has been its most frequent performer yet, and perhaps allowing them to perform on stage will show their gratuity towards this continued participation to the show.
Don't forget that Libera had a whole special show devoted to them not so long ago, plus during Aled's Christmas special they actually got more air time than Aled.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

TullyBascombe wrote:Don't forget that Libera had a whole special show devoted to them not so long ago,
Yeah i think it was on that show that i heard Libera has the most videos done for SOP. That's why i thought it was just appropriate that they be given special participation on SOP's 50th anniv other than just being invited.