Singapore Concert 2012

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

lacrymosa2
Silver Member

Singapore Concert 2012

Post by lacrymosa2 »

The boys will be having two afternoon concerts at the Esplanade Theatre in Singapore on 7 April 2012, a week prior to their Tokyo concert.

Source: http://www.libera.org.uk/news/announcin ... pring_tour

For more information regarding the venue, please visit: http://www.esplanade.com
music

Re: Singapore Concert 2012

Post by music »

For SG, 2 performances in one afternoon? :shock: Gosh, I'm praying they come here in PH!!!
I'm on Twitter ----> I_music_I ♥♥♥
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

OMG OMG OMG! Funny thing is that my family wants to go on vacation. I hope I don't end up being away from SG just when the boys are here! Oh dear.

Anyway, I wonder if it will be like the April 2010 PH minitour with a shortened set list, since it's two shows in one day. It's not yet in the Esplanade calendar nor in Sistic.com.sg where they usually sell the tickets. Tickets closest to the stage is usualy upwards of S$88.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

carina_gino20 wrote:I wonder if it will be like the April 2010 PH minitour with a shortened set list, since it's two shows in one day.
Yes, that's exactly what I think, because I highly doubt they would ask the boys to produce a full concert twice a day, so it's going to be like Manila 2010, two "showcase" one hour each, allowing to double the people received without exhausting the boys :)

Seeing that there is not yet information about tickets on the "Esplanade" site, I called them by phone (it's free from France), a nice Lady checked on her system and she had nothing yet about Libera (I had to spell it :lol: sure they will quickly know this name ;) ).
The lady sent me to sistic.com, but no information either at this moment :)
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

On the official announce it's written : "we plan to visit Japan and Singapore".
Do you think this is understandable as there will be no other country visited during the tour ?

Can we book the planes and Hotels, or are other public concerts still possibly to be announced ?
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Yes, that's exactly what I think, because I highly doubt they would ask the boys to produce a full concert twice a day, so it's going to be like Manila 2010, two "showcase" one hour each, allowing to double the people received without exhausting the boys :)

Seeing that there is not yet information about tickets on the "Esplanade" site, I called them by phone (it's free from France), a nice Lady checked on her system and she had nothing yet about Libera (I had to spell it :lol: sure they will quickly know this name ;) ).
The lady sent me to sistic.com, but no information either at this moment :)
I hope they fill the two shows. Esplanade is the premier venue in SG for holding choral concerts. It looks like two big durian shells from the outside. It's also right smack in the middle of Singapore's CBD, with an amazing view of Singapore's skyline. I've been inside the Esplanade Concert Hall and the Recital Studio before, but not yet to the Esplanade Theatre. Apparently, it has Singapore's biggest stage and has a seating capacity of 1,942.

There's a nice link where you can check what the view will be like from your seat. http://www.esplanade.com/stageview/theatre.htm

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you, this is for sure an impressive venue ! :D

Google images

Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

That is a sweet building! Singapore fans are quite lucky!
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Sing-a-pore of the glory, in stable cold and dark came the miracle...

Nice venue, hope they fill it. Will be interesting to see them in a new country and if the audience will be receptive to Libera like they seem to be in other asian countries.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
labbie

Post by labbie »

Sing-a-pore of the glory?! Jimmy, I thought you said you were all punned out!!
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Alright, the venue looks terrific. Doesn't really look it can hold thousands of people but it still looks great. Great to make a DVD Concert! :D Can somebody make a petition on that? I'm sure we'll all sign. :lol:

Between Singapore & Japan, they can always make a pit stop in the Philippines. But I sincerely hope they push through with China too. And Euro tour later 2012. Libera music should play all over the world. People don't know what they're missing.
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Benj wrote:Alright, the venue looks terrific. Doesn't really look it can hold thousands of people but it still looks great.
The Esplanade Theatre seats 1,942 x 2 concerts = lots of people that will get to see Libera for the 1st time! :D
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

"Spring tour update: We will now be performing in the Esplanade Theatre in Singapore on Friday 6th April and Saturday 7th April".

That's from Libera's FB. I wonder if they're gonna make it a full show now.

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

This is a Great news !! :D Thank you very much carina_gino20 :)

We may indeed expect two full concert :)
The venue is definitively too big to hosts only 1 hour show cases like in the Philippines in Spring 2010
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

The venue is sure impressive; I do hope they fill it :)
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato