Libera: Christmas Carol Takeover on Bliss TV

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

FanInPlymouth

Libera: Christmas Carol Takeover on Bliss TV

Post by FanInPlymouth »

Bliss TV has clearly started it's Christmas programming early and are running endless Christmas pop videos. On 27th November, they ran a programme called Libera: Christmas Carol Takeover which was rather oddly titled as it featured only one or two carols (performed by pop artists). Unless you count Slade's Merry Xmas Everybody and Roy Wood's I Wish it Could be Christmas Everyday as carols!

The programme featured Isaac, Cassius, Kavana, Michael & Jude sat on a sofa introducing the songs and havering somewhat. Some of it is a bit forced but some of the links are genuinely funny (Isaac's introdution of "Christina Gorilla" is a definite highlight!).

Some of my friends in Japan, the 'Pines and the USA asked me to record it and make it available on YT, so here it is .

BTW, This upload only contains the boys' links, I edited out the songs themselves.
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Libera: Christmas Carol Takeover on Bliss TV

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you very much for that upload FanInPlymouth, it would had been a shame to miss this :D

I burst into laughter when Cassius skid the lyrics :lol:

A very funny video, thank you Libera :)
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Thank you very much for that upload FanInPlymouth, it would had been a shame to miss this :D
You are more than welcome - I am glad I am useful for some things! :)

My favourite part is Isaac's "Christina Gorilla" joke! :lol: Priceless!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Cassius is quite a character and is clearly following in the steps of Mini Ben with his humor :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Thanks Michael! :D
These boys keep on surprising us - what a neat way to experience how they are in this kind of setting. You get a little of it from the behind the scenes videos but this is something much more comprehensive.
Hang on Kavana - did you say Libera is not a boy band but more a choir? Shame on you, Mini Ben specifically explained on the Songs of Praise special - "it's not a choir, it's a group" :lol:
Way to go Cassius with the lyrics of Walking in the Air :lol: I do that too, describing how I'm forgetting the lyrics in a way that still fits the melody ;)
"Shakin' Stevens" was pretty cute ;)
Haha when Kavana says "it's time for a break now" at 1:58 you see Isaac is having his own thoughts about that :mrgreen: Haha and the same at 3:31 when cassius introduces "Let it snow" :D
:mrgreen: Haha Isaac slapping Cassius in the face in an argument about who's the biggest fan of Glee! So cute ;)
He likes shutting up people with his hand haha - when Kavana corrects him on "Christina Gorilla" he is like this big Spanish dude haha and then Isaac just puts his finger on Kavana's mouth :lol:
If they make a Christmas greeting video like last year, they should let these boys come up with ideas for it :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

That was too adorable! :lol:
I have to agree with Josh being "100 meters tall!" The first time I met him I was standing face to face with him, and I felt really short! :lol:
Also, these kids watch Glee?! :o I'm not even allowed to watch it! Haha.. but I do like the music!
Thank you so much for uploading the video, Michael!
skittles

Post by skittles »

so cute, ahhhhhhhh!
when they were talking about the range of ages, it was so adorable because you could see that they didn't know if they were supposed to talk about the older guys who weren't there. then we get cassius with, "like josh who's like, a hundred metres tall!" hahaha awww.
i also loved jude's little fight joke. "sometimes i even get me mum and me dad fighting." haha someone's going to get in trouble for that!
gosh these boys are cute. i love how kavana is the "older brother" spokesperson now whereas only a few months ago he was being helped by the older boys to speak properly.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

dani wrote:Cassius is quite a character and is clearly following in the steps of Mini Ben with his humor :)
Yeah it does remind me of Ben's chav impression. This time i'm floored by Cassius' Donald Duck impression. Stunningly good!
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Does Kavana take Spanish lessons? I wonder if Isaac's apparent boredom was an act.... or in character?
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Aaaah! so cute! Thanks for sharing!
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

(This topic should be located into the "Video" section, as it's not a public appearance nor a concert, but a video).
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Very entertaining, some genuinely funny sketches and anything to give Cassius a chance to throw out his DD impression. Isaac 'rolling-of-the-eyes' and playing the serious role, was funny in itself in that he's the youngest. Cheers Michael for capturing and sharing a channel everybody else apart from you seems to have lol :lol:
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
music

Post by music »

FanInPlymouth wrote:Some of my friends in Japan, the 'Pines and the USA asked me to record it and make it available on YT, so here it is .

BTW, This upload only contains the boys' links, I edited out the songs themselves.
THANKS A MILLION!!! I don't know what we'd do without GOOD people like you!!! YEY!!!!!!!!! *HUG*
I'm on Twitter ----> I_music_I ♥♥♥
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Thanks so much for this. Like most everyone here, i love seeing new vids of the lads, especially where their own personalities get to shine through.

I assume that was not scripted. I think Isaac wanted to be on his PSP. And the couch was not big enough for them :lol:

Thanks again, priceless :D
"You are not alone"
labbie

Post by labbie »

Just a few thoughts inspired by the above video:

It is unfortunate that shows like this one cannot be picked up by North American specialty channels (e. g. Vision TV in Canada, which is unveiling its schedule of Christmas specials). Would that not be a wonderful way to get Libera more widely known? As I believe I have mentioned in other posts, Libera needs more exposure, especially in Canada, although a show that involves a performance of several songs by Libera might better achieve this end. I do think that their popularity in the U.S. has begun to grow because of the several recent tours.

I suppose that the time commitment required from those concerned is a reason why Libera may not have put together a TV special (probably most logically in the U.K.) centred around "The Christmas Album". but hopefully in the years to come, there may be ways of expanding the group's popularity elsewhere in a manner that works for Libera.

Regarding the "Takeover" video, I agree that some parts seemed a little "scripted" or "staged", and no doubt teleprompters were involved, but the facial expressions and the banter were quite funny. I also agree that they did look a bit squashed, like "sardines in a tin"!