On SOP 4th Dec

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

On SOP 4th Dec

Post by dani »

No clue what they are singing but its in the Radio Times.

Also a member did mention "filming" last Saturday. I am not sure if that's connected but it may be.
Liberation
Silver Member

Re: On SOP 4th Dec

Post by Liberation »

BBC also says Libera will be there :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0183dz2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

There should be a blink-and-you'll miss it preview of this at the end of today's episode. Hope it's a new video.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It looks like a new performance and im hoping it is " veni veni " . I dont think Carol of The Bells fits SOP.
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

dani wrote:It looks like a new performance and im hoping it is " veni veni " . I dont think Carol of The Bells fits SOP.
Same im hoping its VVE as well! Its a more fitting song for SOP!
for SOP do they sing the performance live? or do they use the recording?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

In the 1 second screen cap I counted 21 boys, the tallest one's were at the back Liam, JB & Josh - most of the familiar faces were there. Stefan was standing on his own in the centre with nobody in front or behind him so he might have the solo. Couldn't identify the church/cathedral but they were stood before large wrought-iron gate or some sort with a gold emblem in the middle and crucifix above it.
natsumi wrote:for SOP do they sing the performance live? or do they use the recording?
They probably sing live with multiple takes, but their voices as with every artist that has appeared on that and most recorded shows these days are sent through the post TV production mixer, so they will be 'treated' specifically for a TV audience. Still it's definately a new video.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

JimmyRiddle wrote:In the 1 second screen cap I counted 21 boys, the tallest one's were at the back Liam, JB & Josh - most of the familiar faces were there. Stefan was standing on his own in the centre with nobody in front or behind him so he might have the solo. Couldn't identify the church/cathedral but they were stood before large wrought-iron gate or some sort with a gold emblem in the middle and crucifix above it.
oo where did you see this 1 second screen cap?
JimmyRiddle wrote: They probably sing live but their voices as with every artist that has appeared on that and most recorded shows these days are sent through the post TV production mixer, so they will be 'treated' specifically for a TV audience. Still it's definately a new video

o, so if lets say they do sing VVE, it could highly be possible it would be the Ralph and Josh version?
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

natsumi wrote:oo where did you see this 1 second screen cap?
They always show a little preview of next week's program at the end of the current one, and the clip flashed Libera before moving onto other artists appearing. There should be a more feature length preview on the BBC SoP website early next week.
natsumi wrote:o, so if lets say they do sing VVE, it could highly be possible it would be the Ralph and Josh version?
Possibly, although even from that brief clip it didn't seem like a VVE to me. They also had the congregation on this week's episode singing Veni Emmanuel — O COME, O COME EMMANUEL so I doubt they will feature the hymn two weeks in a row. Sadly :( because no offense to Brass Quintet + timps + organ + Derby Cathedral Choir + congregation of Derby but it wasn't a patch on Libera's version last night at St George's.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Thanks Jimmy . I was nut sure if if was Daniel too the left in front of Stefan. Towards the front.

It would of been a fitting end to his treble career to have a final song on SOP. Ben got that last year with Sanctissima :)

If it is Stefan it could be White Christmas.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:If it is Stefan it could be White Christmas.
Maybe, but it might be something more 'advent' themed or hymnal. In Dulci Jubilo, Coventry Carol, Corpus Christi Carol, The First Noel or even While Shepherds.... probably head the betting.

ps. I'm only guessing it's a Stefan solo, I could be wrong.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
dani wrote:If it is Stefan it could be White Christmas.
Maybe, but it might be something more 'advent' themed or hymnal. In Dulci Jubilo, Coventry Carol, Corpus Christi Carol, The First Noel or even While Shepherds.... probably head the betting.

ps. I'm only guessing it's a Stefan solo, I could be wrong.

The First noel would be nice. I am not sure that they will sing Coventry carol as with Josh the soloist im not sure if a general viewers would go out and then buy the cd. The charm of Libera is the young boys and the innocence's of them in the robes. Having a man singing would deflect from the " Libera image"
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

But then again, Josh is the most recognizable Libera figure; any video with him as the centerpiece is gonna be iconic 8). It'll be a very good promotion for the international market as well.

If not, yes, a real Christmassy song like The First Noel with it's happy melody would be nice indeed. But my guess is it's gonna be white christmas. Anyway as long as there's another new video; and i'm really excited cause you're all pretty sure about it. :D We all have almost a week for this guessing game; it'll be fun!
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Benj wrote:But then again, Josh is the most recognizable Libera figure; any video with him as the centerpiece is gonna be iconic 8). It'll be a very good promotion for the international market as well.

If not, yes, a real Christmassy song like The First Noel with it's happy melody would be nice indeed. But my guess is it's gonna be white christmas. Anyway as long as there's another new video; and i'm really excited cause you're all pretty sure about it. :D We all have almost a week for this guessing game; it'll be fun!

Tp some fans he is but to the general viewer of SOP he is not and does not sell the " libera image" that they market themselves on.

And this does not go out internationally does it , as its the bbc?
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

BBC article about Christmas events they are going to air in the next weeks.

http://www.newsonnews.net/bbc/12772-bbc ... stmas.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sadly, no more detail about the SoP content on the second Sunday of Advent (4th December).

"On the second Sunday of Advent, Sally Magnusson introduces festive music, readings and reflections that echo the Christian belief in the Incarnation, with performances from Mary-Jess and Libera."
music

Post by music »

Did anyone record this? Sad... I don't think we have this in PH. Please let me know where to see this :wink:
I'm on Twitter ----> I_music_I ♥♥♥