On SOP 4th Dec

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: On SOP 4th Dec

Post by maartendas »

music wrote:Did anyone record this? Sad... I don't think we have this in PH. Please let me know where to see this :wink:
Don't worry - it hasn't been broadcast yet - Libera will appear next Sunday, and I'm sure someone will record and upload their video.
I sure hope so too because I won't be home to see it myself ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

dani wrote:
Benj wrote:But then again, Josh is the most recognizable Libera figure; any video with him as the centerpiece is gonna be iconic 8). It'll be a very good promotion for the international market as well.

If not, yes, a real Christmassy song like The First Noel with it's happy melody would be nice indeed. But my guess is it's gonna be white christmas. Anyway as long as there's another new video; and i'm really excited cause you're all pretty sure about it. :D We all have almost a week for this guessing game; it'll be fun!

Tp some fans he is but to the general viewer of SOP he is not and does not sell the " libera image" that they market themselves on.

And this does not go out internationally does it , as its the bbc?
I'm sure even SoP is aware he is the most popular member. He has a new solo for a Christmas song that is worth filming. And Libera is aware their fans worldwide will see this on youtube. When they did Sanctissima last year, some Asian fans stayed way past midnight and they saw the video just as quickly. Most fans were not even on twitter last year; this year you can be sure it will spread faster than an icbm.

We're not sure if it's gonna be a Josh video, i'm not even counting on it as i mentioned. All i'm saying is that it's possible & there's really nothing wrong if it were. It's a great song & he still has a great voice.
psykick

Post by psykick »

I don't think the song is going to be White Christmas. It technically isn't a song of 'praise'; it's more like a holiday romance jazz song. I mean, it's not exactly a song that will be sung at the Vatican.

I also don't think having a man's voice is as important when considering its potential in being filmed. There are much more important matters to be weighed, such as the popularity of the song, its target audience, its compatibility with the performers... Of course, it's customary that the song should not break the image of the performing group, but I don't think Josh doing a solo will 'ruin' the Libera image; he is, after all, the most popular member. The appeal of the song itself is what's important.

Moreover, the video may initially be released only in the UK, but it will eventually reach people like me in the US - through means such as Youtube - and thus have a large audience. So it's not absurd for the management to consider starring Josh in the new video; he has the greatest potential to persuade people around the world to purchase their new album. Keep in mind, though, that these are only speculations; I am just as clueless as anyone else when it comes to what this video will actually entail.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

The screen cap

The more I look at it Eoghan might have solo duties along with Stefan although it could be just the camera angle at the time. This is not the ' O Holy Night' video Libera have kindly shared with us today, although the song itself might be the one they perform. The list is endless, no point guessing.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

JimmyRiddle wrote:The screen cap

The more I look at it Eoghan might have solo duties along with Stefan although it could be just the camera angle at the time. This is not the ' O Holy Night' video Libera have kindly shared with us today, although the song itself might be the one they perform. The list is endless, no point guessing.
Could it be Once in Royal David's City? Or While Shepherds Watch?
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It is Eoghan not Daniel. Well that clears that up :mrgreen:
Szepilona
Silver Member

Post by Szepilona »

My guess would be Once in Royal David's City, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part as it is my favorite :mrgreen:
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Szepilona wrote:My guess would be Once in Royal David's City, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part as it is my favorite :mrgreen:
I love 'Once in Royal David's City' too! Especially love when the choir joins in with Eoghan. It would be perfect for SOP. :D
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Thanks for the screen capture Jimmy, this makes guessing easier. For a moment there i was "what holy night?" Ha ha! We get another video while waiting for the SoP one :lol:

Ok i'm changing my guess to Once in Royal Davids City too. Eoghan i believe will be the next main soloist. Sings very composed.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Good news from Libera for all of us who'll miss the show:
We plan to upload the song soon after the broadcast.
music

Post by music »

I'm so excited for this! Pleaseeee tell us how it goes :D
I'm on Twitter ----> I_music_I ♥♥♥
LuxVenit
Silver Member

Post by LuxVenit »

I'm going to guess that they're singing "While Shepherds Watched their Flocks by Night" only because of what the theme of the show is supposed to be: "The programme airs at 5.25pm tomorrow and it will be presented by Sally Magnusson. As Christmas approaches, she will be exploring the significance of Jesus's birth." <-- from the link posted by JimmyRiddle

Most Christmas hymns tell the story of Jesus' birth in a nicely poetic way, but some delve a bit further. I dunno, maybe I think or see too much into it. I am fairly weird you know. :) So that is my guess.

Either that or "The First Noel," just to be different. :p
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Wouldn't it be amazing if we're all guessing from the songs on the Christmas album and they turn up to sing a completely new song for us :D Sorry, couldn't resist the professional daydreaming going on here... ;)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

maartendas wrote:Wouldn't it be amazing if we're all guessing from the songs on the Christmas album and they turn up to sing a completely new song for us :D Sorry, couldn't resist the professional daydreaming going on here... ;)
Maybe something completely out of the blue, launching out into 'Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer...' with some gospel clapping and jigging about lol I bet they could finish with an earth shattering descant on that one too ;) Don't think that's quite SoP though.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez