On SOP 4th Dec

Talk about Libera Videos, Movies and Photos here.

Moderator: Moderators

LuxVenit
Silver Member

Re: On SOP 4th Dec

Post by LuxVenit »

Well so much for the guessing then eh? lol Still a beautiful choice though! I'll have to watch the video later, when there's less distraction about (i.e my 2 year old niece who's, for lack of a better word, wild). I'm pleased by the reviews so far though. :) :) :)
“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.” ― Martin Luther
psykick

Post by psykick »

I guess my hypothesis of White Christmas not being the song was correct, after all! Although I wasn't able to give the exact song.

I love how they did a song that stands out compared to others; unlike other songs that focus mainly on the soprano parts, this song stresses much less on those, and more on the alto and metso parts. It's also quite surprising that they chose to do a song that has a heavy bass part in it. Unlike most Libera songs, Still, Still, Still appears to be bass-heavy. The only other song that does this that I can remember is Be Still My Soul. It's refreshing to hear a lower-toned, calming, minor-toned sound.

So I guess they didn't present a Josh solo after all - though his appearance is empowered by the focus on the bass parts. However, I was unable to spot Ben in the video; has anyone been able to?
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Well, nobody got it right but at least we have another video having a new song. We already have vids on white xmas (from qvc) and once in royal davids city (with Aled) so i'm glad they filmed a new song.

Still, still, still doesn't sound Christmassy but it's a beautiful song isn't it? Gives that peaceful feeling and you don't like that song to stop. But it does, after only 2 mins. For whatever reason that's.. what was a term dani used before?... Vile! :D

So i hope they still still still release the full version, and i hope that there indeed is another song they filmed as the screencap formation we saw did not appear on the video. And yeah i didn't see Ben in the video either.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

For anybody who would like a more permanent keepsake of Libera's appearance on SOP today,
Fan de lok has made a high-definition recording of the video available at http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/tY4gnlt0

The picture quality is much better than the YT version. Thanks very much for this! :D
After having watched the video, I'm having trouble identifying all 23 boys who were shown in the filming.
I am pretty sure I have 21 of them picked out for sure, but I can't decide who is behind Kavana (Daniel?)
and who is standing to the right of Michael (Eoghan?).

In any event the solos may have been cut out because it doesn't appear that the soloist was available
for filming. While I haven't been able to id everyone with certainty, I am pretty sure that Ralph is not shown.
Soliir

Post by Soliir »

I think their formation in this video was diffirent from the preview. Maybe there are more than one video and will release later?
Still, Still, Still[(002591)12-01-28].JPG
SOP Still
Still, Still, Still[(002591)12-01-28].JPG (25.02 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
SOP Still
SOP Still
Still, Still, Still[(002591)12-01-28].JPG (25.02 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

tom413 wrote:\who is behind Kavana (Daniel?)
and who is standing to the right of Michael (Eoghan?)
Thanks for the link.

New boys are Jakob (next to Kavana) and Ciaran (next to Michael).
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Hi John,

My pleasure on the link. Patrick did all the work, now more of us can enjoy.

As to the unidentified choristers, the 21 I had identified included Jakub and Ciaran.
Using FdL's video as a counter, I am looking for the kid behind Kavana and Jakub at 0:21
(you get a look at the top of the head at 1:01 which is what makes me think it's Daniel) and
the kid who is in the front right formation who is not Ciaran, Stefan, Matt M or Michael.
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

I think back left is Daniel. I can't put pic up here cause it's too large,

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5ZVnAle5N-A/T ... 0/SOP3.png

but it looks like front right is Eoghan in front of Matthew Madine.
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Lauren wrote:I think back left is Daniel. I can't put pic up here cause it's too large,

Yeah I thought so too! :).

For the vid looks like Jakub (Kuba) is having a great time with libera. His smile is very nice. But have to say all the newbies are cute and smiling. :)
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

It looks like Orlando is another boy that has left. He has been absent since the summer and was not in this video either.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

You might be right about that Dani. I haven't seen Orlando since the Song of Praise special.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Lauren wrote:I think back left is Daniel. I can't put pic up here cause it's too large,

Thanks, Lauren.

That's what I thought as well, but wanted confirmation before I marked it down that way.
An interesting collection of members for this film shoot. Since it was done rather
far from home, perhaps that affected participation?
If I have my identifications correct, both Bens, Ralph, Dylan, MJ and Jude were MIA.
kringle

Post by kringle »

Here's an even bigger version at 1280x720 that I stumbled across elsewhere.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2084719129 ... -12-04.mkv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

That's awesome! :D :D

Thanks, Kent

It's far easier to pick out Daniel in this file.
skittles

Post by skittles »

i think ben philipp will be leaving, so not all that surprised that he's not in this.