Japan concert 2012

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Re: Japan concert 2012

Post by TullyBascombe »

There's a new video on YouTube from Japan. It's part interview, part introduction to Libera. I wasn't sure whether to put it here or in the video section. I thought maybe it should go here until the Japan tour is over, then it could be moved to the video section.

[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

Lovely performance from the boys! Ralph's voice sounds quite abit lower, however he says he hasn't noticed any signs of a voice change yet - maybe he has a cold or something! Can't wait for arundel!
Danie :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

danieb88 wrote:Lovely performance from the boys! Ralph's voice sounds quite abit lower, however he says he hasn't noticed any signs of a voice change yet - maybe he has a cold or something! Can't wait for arundel!

his voice is a lot lower :)

that is not a cold.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yep lower key - but to be expected. Also Dylan and Mathew J were singing the higher parts on the solo verses. I think that has been the situation at the concerts as well. All in all a very good performance considering they are always on first thing in the morning. Very nice high harmony contributions from Stefan & Eoghan at the back too. I'm hoping those two in particular can share some solo duets on future songs before Stefan's voice changes.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Yep lower key - but to be expected.
It's actually in the same key as the original version – it's just that Ralph's voice sounds a lot lower now.
labbie

Post by labbie »

I played the CD and the video simultaneously, and it does seem to be in the same key. It appears to me that although Ralph is singing the same notes as the CD, his voice has a richer quality to it.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

His voice sounds awesome. :D I think I like it better than I did before. I'm really, really hoping they make another album before his (or Stefan's) voice changes, or at least record them ahead of time like they did with Tom Cully and Ave Virgo (I think that's what they did anyway).
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Ralph and Stefan are both in that pre voice break phase where a treble voice is at it's best and richest. Fingers crossed for Arundel next month!
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Yorkie wrote:Ralph and Stefan are both in that pre voice break phase where a treble voice is at it's best and richest. Fingers crossed for Arundel next month!
My thoughts exactly :)
--edit: just watched the Song of Life performance because I only just now realised it was in that clip ;) Really, really moving performance... Ralph sounds so grown up now... and the boys backing him truly sounded like little angels... A new generation taking over, lifting him up... the little angels lifting up the bigger one with their high angelic voices... Sorry, I can't avoid sounding corny when I just watch this performance 8)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Nice concert tonight at the Bunkamura Orchad Hall, almost entirely filled.

Same Choristers and set list than in Singapore, with only change I have in mind is Stefan doing Grateful Heart in Duet with Ralph.

Some little jokes in the speeches about the translations Japanese/English.
The speeches were mainly subtitled on the main screen at the back.

Photos were not allowed, so I had very few...

Here a sample of the program :
Very nice, 28 pages, thick paper, all in colours, no pages used for sponsors.
Soled 1500 yens (roughly 15 euros).

Here the room, 15-20 minutes before concert starts. Made with photoshop stitching 3 photos. I done this quickly, i filled the missing parts. As soon the photos taken, arrived a lady from the hall asking to not do, so I stopped.
(click to enlarge)

Signature session : very long queue (poor boys)... :|
They were spared in two groups of 6, so 12 were presents, mostly the elders, but not only, as there was little Isaac in the group of my queue.
Here the group of 6 I had. I can't say exactly who were the other 6 on the other side..

For Premium Tickets owners : a very well located seat, a free program and à thermos-mug printed Libera :)

For people wanting a Japanese program, please say it here or by PM as soon as possible, as next concert is now in only 10 hours. Price is 1500 yens (roughly 15 euros), too much to allows me to offer them nor to buy a big number of them blindlessly. The best would be that I give it to you at Arundel.

Patrick.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

The free mug was a gold colour today. Otherwise there is not much new to say about the program which was the same as last night (and Singapore) except that Eoghan took the lead in HSISTM and Grateful Heart was sung as a duet by Ralph and Stefan.
As others have already said, the new soloists are ably filling the shoes of their predecessors and I can only marvel at Eleanor and Robert for finding and nurturing such talent.
At last night's concert there was a standing ovation of one (me) which was a little embarrassing but was rewarded with a friendly grin from Stefan. No standing ovation again today but lots of warm applause and about 2000 stood in line for up to an hour for autographs (no photos allowed). There were separate lines for two groups of six boys with another two groups of six taking over half way through.
Orchard Hall is huge. To my ear, the sound quality was excellent (better from the 7th row - today , than from the first - last night) but not quite the same as Cathedral sound.
Looking forward to Arundel where those who are going are in for another treat.

John
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Thanks FDL/john45 for the post concert updates;

Wow - 2,000 queing for autographs, must be a record. According the the news items from NTV's Sukkiri program, It might have been this concert which sold out in just 3 minutes. They also note that Libera's albums have reached No1 on the Classical Charts in over 15 countries? Very impressive if true. So now back to the 'cathedral' sound & setup for Arundel in just 3 weeks time.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Thanks for updates all! Libera's success in Japan is just amazing! :D
More than 1000 tickets were sold out in 3 minutes? I would say they are trending pretty good in Japan, not to mention the first 4 places of Amazon Japan Classic music section are taken by Libera's albums!!!
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

IMG_9304a.jpg
IMG_9304a.jpg (223.41 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
IMG_9304a.jpg
IMG_9304a.jpg (223.41 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
Three of Libera's "biggest" fans.
Pity one of them forgot his kimono.
John
(Thanks to Andy Winter)