Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Re: Concert in St George - London - Friday 25/11

Post by fan_de_LoK »

JimmyRiddle wrote:http://www.virgofidelischurch.co.uk/news_events.html
We welcome back Libera
The classical choir led by Robert Prizeman will be in our Parish Church on Saturday evening at 6:00pm Mass on 10th December to sing some beautiful music for Advent.
Anyone in the local area, might be worth putting an hour of your time aside to attend, but please note this is a mass not a concert. Still, as the article refers to 'beautiful music' is what you will hear.

Wow , lucky Londoners ! Nice find Jimmy ! :)

The funny trick for me it's that several weeks ago I booked to go to London this precise weekend :D

But it was intended to do Christmas shopping and for Saturday evening I planned to go see Rugby, Saracens vs Ospreys, at Wembley stadium, with Kick-off at 18:00 !! :lol:
In my case I will be in London Saturday 10th but I will not go to this service in Norwood, despite Libera being there ;)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

Did anybody ever get a reply for Veni Veni E and Josh?

Normally they reply but i didnt get a rpely and i got about 7 friends to all email and nothing at all back. Nice to know they totally and utterly ignore the fans.
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

Hi everyone!

I know I'm two weeks late with this post :lol:, I've been quite busy with school and life in general and so I never ended up writing anything here – you know how it goes, I was always supposed to do it the next day...

Anyway, I had a great time at the concert (and that's a serious understatement) – there are no words to describe how amazing it was to see Libera perform live. :D It all went by so fast though, I honestly have problems remembering any details at all: afterwards the concert felt more like a dream than reality...
There were so many brilliant songs performed that night, but I think Eternal Light and Song of Life were the ones that really made my night. Also, while I've always been a huge fan of Ralph, in the concert I was even more blown away by his voice. He was simply amazing, and it seemed like the higher he went the better his voice sounded too.

It was also really great meeting everyone, five hours of queuing seriously felt like nothing with you all. :lol: Looking now forward to the next concert twice as much. :)
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Lumi wrote:Hi everyone!

I know I'm two weeks late with this post :lol:, I've been quite busy with school and life in general and so I never ended up writing anything here – you know how it goes, I was always supposed to do it the next day...

Anyway, I had a great time at the concert (and that's a serious understatement) – there are no words to describe how amazing it was to see Libera perform live. :D It all went by so fast though, I honestly have problems remembering any details at all: afterwards the concert felt more like a dream than reality...
There were so many brilliant songs performed that night, but I think Eternal Light and Song of Life were the ones that really made my night. Also, while I've always been a huge fan of Ralph, in the concert I was even more blown away by his voice. He was simply amazing, and it seemed like the higher he went the better his voice sounded too.

It was also really great meeting everyone, five hours of queuing seriously felt like nothing with you all. :lol: Looking now forward to the next concert twice as much. :)
How's the DVD?
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Lumi
Silver Member

Post by Lumi »

Yorkie wrote:How's the DVD?
Oh, perfect timing, I just sent you a PM maybe a minute ago. :lol: Anyway, the DVD is great and I really can't thank you enough. :)
Also now that I'm stuck at home with the flu, I'll hopefully finally have time to watch the whole concert through. :D
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

dani wrote:Did anybody ever get a reply for Veni Veni E and Josh?

Normally they reply but i didnt get a rpely and i got about 7 friends to all email and nothing at all back. Nice to know they totally and utterly ignore the fans.
Really? You just said they normally reply, and 2 seconds later you say they completely and utterly ignore the fans? Maybe they haven't gotten around to it, maybe they don't want to discuss what their future plans are, or any other reason. Expecting a volunteer organization to cater to your every want and need is a bit excessive don't you think?

On topic, even with fan support they can't record every song with everyone singing solo. If they grant this request, who's to say they won't get more requests until it becomes unmanageable. Or like, the petition to get Kavanna a solo...let RP and the boys decide what happens within the organization.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Malibu is right, things like that are to excessive. We have not to give orders to Libera.
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

I sent a note to Libera about a week and a half ago commenting about this year's concerts and asking if possible to have the recording of "Veni, Veni" from St. George posted. While they didn't comment on the request for the recording directly, about four days later they did send a nice email thanking me for my comments.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

St G review and a few pictures by George from Russia - it's translated via google.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

JimmyRiddle wrote:St G review and a few pictures by George from Russia - it's translated via google.
George either has a photographic memory or he has another method of remembering what was said by the boys during the concert :lol:

I struggled through the review but I think Google seriously needs to brush up on it's Russian!

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote: I struggled through the review but I think Google seriously needs to brush up on it's Russian!
I also struggled through the review, but in context it was a very photographic record of the concert.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

paul30003 wrote:
Yorkie wrote: I struggled through the review but I think Google seriously needs to brush up on it's Russian!
I also struggled through the review, but in context it was a very photographic record of the concert.
Very interesting review! Exceptionable memory! :wink:
I should have offered to George to talk in Russian! Sorry for that! I definitely will the next time!
However I offered in March, when we spoke shortly in Epsom :)
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Murkskis wrote:Very interesting review! Exceptionable memory! :wink:
Yes, probably flash based, the type from which you can rewind, pause and keep playing back. Still at least he's not shared that fantastic memory all over youtube, unlike some in the past.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

JimmyRiddle wrote: Yes, probably flash based, the type from which you can rewind, pause and keep playing back.
That's apparent here :wink:
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Not really Libera related but didn't think it warranted it's own thread......

Looking through the Christmas edition of the Radio Times I noticed that the Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve is being Broadcast from St George's RC Cathedral in Southwark, South London.

The programme starts at 11:45 pm UK time and lasts for an hour

Mercy & Love