Concert in St George - London - Friday 25/11

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Concert in St George - London - Friday 25/11

Post by dani »

I would suggest a video as i think they would be reluctant to recorded it so close to Daniel's version as a release.

But yes we should all email them so they realize that we would all like this.
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

dani wrote:I would suggest a video as i think they would be reluctant to recorded it so close to Daniel's version as a release.

But yes we should all email them so they realize that we would all like this.
A doubly stupendous idea!
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

FanInPlymouth wrote:If - like me - you were bowled over by Josh solo, then why not contact libera and ask them to record him singing V V E?
It was recorded at the concert. The question is, will they release it publicly?
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

john45 wrote:
FanInPlymouth wrote:If - like me - you were bowled over by Josh solo, then why not contact libera and ask them to record him singing V V E?
It was recorded at the concert. The question is, will they release it publicly?

People at the concert thought that it was being filmed just for the people at the back with the tv monitors and a restricted view from what i can gather.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

someone mentioned (i dont remember who though sorry) that they had a chat with the videoers who said they had been asked to record it - not just replay it live for the screens. (massively 2nd/3rd/4th hand information there so sorry if its not true!!)
it was very high quality to just use for the concert though - we can only hope!!
Danie :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

danieb88 wrote:someone mentioned (i dont remember who though sorry) that they had a chat with the videoers who said they had been asked to record it - not just replay it live for the screens. (massively 2nd/3rd/4th hand information there so sorry if its not true!!)
it was very high quality to just use for the concert though - we can only hope!!

That is good news :D

So we should all get emailing them :)

Has anybody got the email address and i will email tonight.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

If you just go to the contact us section on the official website then it will go straight to them - they email back from there at least as i emailed the other day asking for a programme and i got a response the next day!
Danie :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

I have emailed. I hope many more on here also do as it will help the more people who ask.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Well, you can add my vote on this :wink:
But I just have to say that I'm listening to Veni, Veni from the Christmas album very often since I got it! And Daniel has also done a very, very good job on it! :D This song is one of my favourites of the album!
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Murkskis wrote:Well, you can add my vote on this :wink:
But I just have to say that I'm listening to Veni, Veni from the Christmas album very often since I got it! And Daniel has also done a very, very good job on it! :D This song is one of my favourites of the album!
The Josh version was also recorded in the 'Pines (there's a snippet on the Christmas Album preview). I have to agree that Daniel's version is also one of my favourites on the album. Different interpretations but both equally good.
Choirfan
Silver Member

Post by Choirfan »

Hi All

Friday night's concert at St George's was my fifth time to see Libera live and my second time this year (Epsom in March). I brought a friend along aswell, the same one as in Epsom, and safe to say now he is loving Libera. We almost did not make it. Through some blunder of mine, i had got it into my head that the concert was at Southwark Cathrdral, and so we took the underground to near there. We were about to go and get some lunch and then head to the Cathedral when by chance i took out a piece of paper that i had the address written on and realised the cathedral was in Camberwell.

I had no access to the Internet so had to look around for ages to find an internet cafe to get the nearest tube station to the venue. Through some crazy misdirection we then ended up in Peckham before finally getting a bus to Camberwell and beyond towards 'Elephant and Castle', where the signposts led us to the Cathedral. Thankfully i had booked premium tickets and we waited in the queue until the ticket lady came out and gave us the tickets and finally the doors opened. I should add that before we went in we could sometimes see the boys walking around in an adjacent building (I didnt see anyone filming or taking pics, not to say it didnt happen)

Anyhow we got a seat around six rows back and just behind Murksis and Yorkie (my friend and I spoke with Murksis at one point) I am not going to give a blow by blow account of the concert as i am not good at that but suffice to say i found it a thoroughly wonderful event and the boys and all involved in the production did not disappoint in delivering a superb show. There was not a single song i found lacking, but of course the standouts were as have been mentioned Veni Veni, Song of Life, Eternal light and my friend and I absolutely adored The Fountain sung by ralph. The sound from where we were sat was excellent, with lots of volume and it was an added benefit that we could actually see the boys fairly close up. The little speeches again were very well delivered and we were again gobsmacked that one so young as nano Ben could be so confident in speaking and owning the stage. I must also mention the Michael with the hard-to-pronounce surname (Russian heritage maybe) but he was such a delight to watch and smiles a lot during the performance, and his part in the Cassius and Moose speech was very well done. Also has anyone else noticed he is not credited in the Libera list on the Christmas Album which they say was recorded between May and July of 2011, yet he was at some of the summer concerts in the states or Canada, so i cant understand how he was not part of making the album.

Anyhow during the interval i bought the Deluxe Christmas album and my friend got a copy of 'Peace'. While i was getting a glass of wine, who did i see just feet away from me but James Mordaunt with a man who i assume was his dad or a relative. He was in a smart school uniform and was intstantly recognisable by his smile. I thought of interrupting them to say a few words but i was too shy or worried in case the man might not allow such a thing, oh well, maybe if i had brought something that he could have signed, it may have been an ice breaker but i had no pen...so, no matter, but it was lovely to see him.

I loved Eoghan when he did the solos for the last two songs Glory to Thee, one of my faves and also How shall i sing. I have not heard Eoghan speak but because i am from Ireland and because of his name, i am rather hoping he is one of 'ours', it remains to be seen. I was a tiny bit disappointed that they stayed on the stage such a short time at the end. Sometimes the younger boys give a bow before going behind the bigger boys so they can also give a bow but they did not do this. Only a small niggle though. I lingered a bit afterwards but not as long as i would have liked as we had to get a train back to my friends house. But all in all, the cost of the trip to see Libera was worth every last penny and then some. They NEVER fail to disappoint and give their all at any concert i have been at. Thank you all involved for such a special evening.

Just as a post script i should say that myself and my pal returned to London last night to see Billy Elliott at the Victoria Palace and all i can say was WOW. It was absolutely mind blowing and entertaining from start to finish. The particular Billy on the night was called Kaine Ward and it was only his fourth performance but you would not know that from how thoroughly professional and polished he was (his dance teacher was sat behind us and was in tears at several points having worked with him from age 2). A weekend that will not soon be forgotten. :D
"You are not alone"
music

Post by music »

Done! Tried the contact us already!!! Let's all do this :mrgreen:
I'm on Twitter ----> I_music_I ♥♥♥
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Email sent. :D
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

A member on the chinese forum describes her overwhelming joy at grabbing Tom Cully's signature for her program at Friday's concert...

...looks like she didn't stop at one lol
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

well i havent heard Josh's solo for VVE but i wish i did, im sure it was AMAZING...and Daniel's solo in VVE is also AMAZING as well... dont get me wrong but i feel that its a bit insensitive to ask them to film josh's version, please dont get me wrong, really, jsut i feel really bad to email them adn ask for a different soloist to sing that song...