Concert in St George - London - Friday 25/11

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

dani
Diamond Member

Re: Concert in St George - London - Friday 25/11

Post by dani »

natsumi wrote:well i havent heard Josh's solo for VVE but i wish i did, im sure it was AMAZING...and Daniel's solo in VVE is also AMAZING as well... dont get me wrong but i feel that its a bit insensitive to ask them to film josh's version, please dont get me wrong, really, jsut i feel really bad to email them adn ask for a different soloist to sing that song...

Josh has already sung it and clearly Libera do not think so hence Josh doing it. Daniels voicing is breaking and he probably can not sing it the way he did originally hence it going to Josh for the concerts. It does not take anything away from Daniel as his version is on the album :mrgreen:

But each to there own and nobody is forcing anybody who does not want to email Libera to do so :D
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

dani wrote:
natsumi wrote:well i havent heard Josh's solo for VVE but i wish i did, im sure it was AMAZING...and Daniel's solo in VVE is also AMAZING as well... dont get me wrong but i feel that its a bit insensitive to ask them to film josh's version, please dont get me wrong, really, jsut i feel really bad to email them adn ask for a different soloist to sing that song...

Josh has already sung it and clearly Libera do not think so hence Josh doing it. Daniels voicing is breaking and he probably can not sing it the way he did originally hence it going to Josh for the concerts. It does not take anything away from Daniel as his version is on the album :mrgreen:

But each to there own and nobody is forcing anybody who does not want to email Libera to do so :D

you're quite right :) im sure since Libera let him do that solo, i spose its fine :) its so sad that when boys come to a certain age their voices break :( im looking forward to anything Libera surprises us with and im sorry for not supporting it :(
but i hope your emails would get to them and that they'll consider it :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

natsumi wrote:
dani wrote:
natsumi wrote:

you're quite right :) im sure since Libera let him do that solo, i spose its fine :) its so sad that when boys come to a certain age their voices break :( im looking forward to anything Libera surprises us with and im sorry for not supporting it :(
but i hope your emails would get to them and that they'll consider it :D

Daniel is nearly 16 so he has had quite a good treble career :D but thats the nature of boys voices. I think the longer you are a fan of Libera the less it gets to you as time goes on about the boys.

I used to get upset but now i realize its part and parcel of Libera and new boys will come along that you will grow to like.
natsumi

Post by natsumi »

Daniel is nearly 16 so he has had quite a good treble career :D but thats the nature of boys voices. I think the longer you are a fan of Libera the less it gets to you as time goes on about the boys.

I used to get upset but now i realize its part and parcel of Libera and new boys will come along that you will grow to like.[/quote]

yeah he did have a great career and hopefully he'll stay in Libera as a tenor :)
all the newbies are starting to grow on me as well :D Issac and Cassius are both so funny :D
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

natsumi wrote:Daniel is nearly 16 so he has had quite a good treble career :D but thats the nature of boys voices. I think the longer you are a fan of Libera the less it gets to you as time goes on about the boys.

I used to get upset but now i realize its part and parcel of Libera and new boys will come along that you will grow to like.
yeah he did have a great career and hopefully he'll stay in Libera as a tenor :)
all the newbies are starting to grow on me as well :D Issac and Cassius are both so funny :D[/quote]

Cassius is one to watch . Also eoghan seems to be getting a few solos and has a good voice.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

When I emailed them, I also mentioned that I really wish I could hear Daniel's solo on Stay With Me, and I said he had a great voice and I would love to hear more solos from him...which is absolutely true! I was kind of disappointed that Daniel didn't have more solos on this album, and his VVE was fantastic, definitely my favorite solo on the whole album. But I would love to hear Josh sing it also, especially after all the good reviews. :)
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

chris17 wrote:When I emailed them, I also mentioned that I really wish I could hear Daniel's solo on Stay With Me, and I said he had a great voice and I would love to hear more solos from him...which is absolutely true! I was kind of disappointed that Daniel didn't have more solos on this album, and his VVE was fantastic, definitely my favorite solo on the whole album. But I would love to hear Josh sing it also, especially after all the good reviews. :)

I would of loved to have heard Daniel's version at Epsom or last year. Its not his fault but i missed the power of Stay With Me at St G's this time around. It was ok but it did not blew me away on the night.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

What they need to rerecord is "Eternal Light" w/ Stefan. :D
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

phlibera wrote:What they need to rerecord is "Eternal Light" w/ Stefan. :D
Definitly!!! He owns this song. And his voice is so strong and soothing right now!
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
labbie

Post by labbie »

Concerning "Eternal Light" featuring Stefan, I am not sure that it would be necessary to rerecord the song. The original recording is lovely, and is featured on Peace Deluxe as well as the Japanese CD that featured "Song of Life". As far as the video is concerned, there is a new one with the same vocal track, only this time, it is set outdoors in a park. It is a simple video with no frills, just the beautiful voices of Stefan and the other boys. I believe that it was on Libera's official site.
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

I decided to finish my song-by-song review of the concert. As it's split in several parts, I didn't want to split it even more. That's way I edited my post on page 16th and made it longer. (scroll down, please).
Sorry for I'm a bit late. Hope you guys don't mind :wink:
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

labbie wrote:Concerning "Eternal Light" featuring Stefan, I am not sure that it would be necessary to rerecord the song.
Well, it's not "necessary" as in the world will end without it, but it's one of those "nice to have" things. Have you attended any of the Christmas concerts? You'd understand why it's "nice to have". :D
labbie

Post by labbie »

[quote="phlibera"]What they need to rerecord is "Eternal Light" w/ Stefan. :D[/quote]

To phlibera, were you referring to a re-recording of a studio track, or did you mean a new recording of a live version of "Eternal Light". Your original post, which I have quoted, would imply that the studio track should be re-recorded. That is the meaning that I and perhaps other readers drew from your post. From the way it is worded, no one would know that you actually were referring to the live performances during the Philippines tour. Any live performance would in fact be a new recording and not a re-recording. I was in no way being dismissive or critical of Stefan's live performance of the song. I have heard him perform the song on the Canadian tour, and it was magical. So, yes, I do understand why any recording of a live performance would be nice to have.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Murkskis wrote: Sorry I'm a bit late. Hope you guys don't mind :wink:
Not in the slightest, Murksis. Reading people's personal impressions of the concerts
they have seen is one of my favorite parts of this forum. I'm glad you wrote about the
rest of the show.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

http://www.virgofidelischurch.co.uk/news_events.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We welcome back Libera
The classical choir led by Robert Prizeman will be in our Parish Church on Saturday evening at 6:00pm Mass on 10th December to sing some beautiful music for Advent.
Anyone in the local area, might be worth putting an hour of your time aside to attend, but please note this is a mass not a concert. Still, as the article refers to 'beautiful music' is what you will hear.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez