Songs of Praise 50th Anniversary celebration

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

FanInPlymouth

Songs of Praise 50th on YouTube

Post by FanInPlymouth »

I've had to split the SoP programme into two parts as the original upload failed twice.

Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wejpnjbqjsk

Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGMARZpmQYc

And don't forget to click the LIKE button!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by FanInPlymouth on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.
YukiBOL

Re: Songs of Praise 50th Anniversary celebration

Post by YukiBOL »

Thank you so much for uploading them for us, Michael! :D
Enjoying them! Ave Maria touched my heart again... :)
BruceH

Post by BruceH »

Yes, thank you very much for the upload. Listening and watching was a great way to spend my noon hour. The program was wonderful.
danieb88
Silver Member

Post by danieb88 »

I quite enjoyed the show considering I generally dont like songs of praise (except when libera are on of course!)
There was a fab moment right at the beginning of the show (possible the first time libera were shown) where they zoom in on Ralph and Matthew M and Matthew seems to have no clue what the words are - hes just mouthing along! very cute!
Danie :D
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

danieb88 wrote:IMatthew seems to have no clue what the words are - hes just mouthing along! very cute!
He seemed far more interested in watching what was going on rather than looking at his song-book! Typical kid!
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Great, there are Steven Geraghty, Sam Coates, Samir Abouelfaid & Simon Lewis! It's nice that they all sing together on events like that. Can you remember if Simon Lewis had ever had a solo?
Think the newbies Thomas, Isaac & Michail were present, too.
Thunderhawk261
Silver Member

Post by Thunderhawk261 »

I haven't posted in awhile, but these pictures make me wonder what the interest would be in a "Libera Reunion" concert where former members return to sing with the current members? Just a thought. :idea:
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Thunderhawk261 wrote:I haven't posted in awhile, but these pictures make me wonder what the interest would be in a "Libera Reunion" concert where former members return to sing with the current members? Just a thought. :idea:
:) :) :) :) :) :) That'd be the ultimate Libera concert :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

lacrymosa2 wrote:
hannah_kirstin wrote:maybe Ciaran Bradbury-Hickey? He's listed as part of the Christmas Album (recorded May-July 2011, if you believe the cover).
Is there a way you can list the roster here?
Sorry took so long to reply!
Libera members listed for The Christmas Album:
Mine Akpobome, Henry Barrington, Jonathan Barrington, Ciaran Bradbury Hickey, Tiarnan Branson, Jude Collins, Luke Collins, Liam Connery, Kavana Crossley, Jakob de Menezes-Wood, Thomas Delgado-Little, Dylan Duffy, Ben Fairman, Luis Fernandez, Daniel Fontannaz, Freddie Ingles, Matthew Jansen, Stefan Leadbeater, Alex Leggett, Samuel Leggett, Barney Lindsell, Eoghan McCarthy, Joshua Madine, Matthew Madine, James Mordaunt, Samuel Moriarty, Cassius O'Connell-White, Benedict Philipp, Matthew Rangel-Alvarez, Carlos Rodriguez, Ralph Skan, Orlando Woscholski
Last edited by hannah_kirstin on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are shelter from the storm
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Thunderhawk261 wrote:I haven't posted in awhile, but these pictures make me wonder what the interest would be in a "Libera Reunion" concert where former members return to sing with the current members? Just a thought. :idea:
That would be beyond AWESOME! :D
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

hannah_kirstin wrote: Sorry took so long to reply!
Libera members listed for The Christmas Album:
Mine Akpobome, Henry Barrington, Jonathan Barrington, Ciaran Bradbury Hickey, Tiarnan Branson, Jude Collins, Luke Collins, Liam Connery, Kavana Crossley, Jakob de Menezes-Wood, Thomas Delgado-Little, Dylan Duffy, Ben Fairman, Luis Fernandez, Daniel Fontannaz, Freddie Ingles, Matthew Jansen, Stefan Leadbeater, Alex Leggett, Samuel Leggett, Barney Lindsell, Eoghan McCarthy, Joshua Madine, Matthew Madine, James Moriarty, Samuel Moriarty, Cassius O'Connell-White, Benedict Philipp, Matthew Rangel-Alvarez, Carlos Rodriguez, Ralph Skan, Orlando Woscholski
A James Moriarty, are you sure? Does Sammy Moriarty have a brother? :shock:
hannah_kirstin
Silver Member

Post by hannah_kirstin »

Sue wrote: A James Moriarty, are you sure? Does Sammy Moriarty have a brother? :shock:
HAHAHA! Sorry, must have dozed off while typing that. James Mordaunt, that is. Hope he's still with Libera.. No sign of him at SOP, though.. :(
The shadows fade away
All cares pass away...
Liv Castor

Post by Liv Castor »

He is still with Libera! In fact, he has several solos/duets on the Christmas Album!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"[Singing] makes me feel like I'm on top of the world....'cause when I start singing I don't really care about what's happening... I just sing what I have to sing and I find it to be a release from real life."
--Liam Connery

http://inspiredinmusic.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Twitter-- "inspiredinmusic"
FanInPlymouth

Post by FanInPlymouth »

Liv Castor wrote:He is still with Libera! In fact, he has several solos/duets on the Christmas Album!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Unfortunately that does not mean he is currently with Libera as Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is a re-issue from PEACE. Corpus Christi Carol is another James/Ralph duet which was possibly recorded at the same time.

Mini-James was not on the USA tour in the summer nor the Songs of Praise show.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

FanInPlymouth wrote:
Liv Castor wrote:He is still with Libera! In fact, he has several solos/duets on the Christmas Album!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Unfortunately that does not mean he is currently with Libera as Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas is a re-issue from PEACE. Corpus Christi Carol is another James/Ralph duet which was possibly recorded at the same time.

Mini-James was not on the USA tour in the summer nor the Songs of Praise show.
Yeah I fear the worst too. I am thrilled though to have another solo of him recorded. Since Epsom I rank him as one of the highest when it comes to Libera soloists. At least that's the memory I have of him.
Assuming he left Libera, I sure hope he continues to delight the world with his singing!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above