Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

skittles

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by skittles »

phlibera wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote:I find it very odd though that he didn't get any mention during Mr. de Ocampo's speech if he was really there...
And we questioned his taste in music for nothing... :lol: Maybe the front-row are all foreigners that didn't recognize the president? Haha. But Skittles was in the front row, right? She would have recognized him. Unless he was in disguise or something. :)
I didn't see him...I did see H.E Ambassador Lillie though. Can't imagine that the President would be sitting too far from him.

edit: i'm not a good source though because i don't think i would have noticed him...i only know the ambassador because i see him on a regular basis. :/
Last edited by skittles on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

phlibera wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote:I find it very odd though that he didn't get any mention during Mr. de Ocampo's speech if he was really there...
And we questioned his taste in music for nothing... :lol: Maybe the front-row are all foreigners that didn't recognize the president? Haha. But Skittles was in the front row, right? She would have recognized him. Unless he was in disguise or something. :)
I really doubt this report though...I mean, would the president really go incognito? And it's a celebration of Phil-UK Friendship week as well so it would make sense for Mr. de Ocampo to acknowledge the President if he was there. Or maybe I'm too cynical about it and cannot believe that the president would go incognito so as to not steal the limelight from Libera.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Interesting article but inaccurate. I'm certain any of us inside would have at least spotted a balding man with raised shoulders.

I did report somewhere in this thread seeing the presidential convoy just outside the PICC. But that was after the concert. Maybe he intended to watch but arrived so late that it was already over. :lol:

But seriously, he really should have been there to the honor Phl-UK friendship week.

His sister, in her own tv show, mentioned all the concerts taking place that day but she never mentioned Libera's. Not that she snubbed it, but i don't think she ever heard of it. So, i still frown on their family's taste. :lol:
Nikki178
Silver Member

Post by Nikki178 »

I don't know about the president attending this year's concert but if I remember correctly, the eldest nephew of the president attended the first concert in 2009. :)
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

A short article from an as-good-as-first-time listener regarding the Cebu concert:

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?ar ... goryId=111

Some quotes from the article:
Each song in that Christmas concert was lulling. I didn't see much of the creative lighting that went with every song number, since I frequently closed my eyes as soon as a song began. My companion had her eyes closed the whole time; I thought she fell asleep as she was not particularly a music fan.

My companion quickly stood up at the end of the show. "Transcendent!" she murmured.She was not asleep after all.

Myown experience of Libera is difficult to describe with words. No language can fully communicate feeling. If only the heart can speak.
A lot of shows are impressive. Many are awesome. But not all leave a lasting effect to the viewer. Libera is in that special group of performances that really touch the soul.
I can't say exactly what kind of appeal Libera had with the youth in the audience. I don't belong to that sector anymore. Yet basing on the giggles of the young girls beside me, it seems that young people are as in awe of the group as they are of the hottest boy bands today.
:mrgreen: Any fan can enlighten her on that.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Thank you, Carina.

"If only the heart can speak." Wow! All 28 boys who were there should read the article. There were mistakes in the details, but the message is clear. They've touch the soul of a first time Libera concert goer. :D
it seems that young people are as in awe of the group as they are of the hottest boy bands today.
:lol: :lol: If Libera had their way, they'll call themselves THE hottest boy band! :lol: :lol:
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Just laughed reading a tweet from Greyson Chance.
He is currently in Manila and wrote : "First time I have ever been bitten by a fan...haha ouch!" :shock:

Now I understand why the security was so high around Libera, with plenty of men with big arms between them and the fans :lol:
Soliir

Post by Soliir »

We uploaded some photos taken at Philippines to our gallery. And will upload more later. Hope you like them. :)
And there're some small pics in this review post. Visit the link directly, don't use translator, or you may not be able to see the pics.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Soliir wrote:We uploaded some photos taken at Philippines to our gallery. And will upload more later. Hope you like them. :)
Great! High quality pictures and very lively. Thanks! :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
music

Post by music »

Nice pictures everyone! Thank you for sharing :D
I'm on Twitter ----> I_music_I ♥♥♥
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

fan_de_LoK wrote:Just laughed reading a tweet from Greyson Chance.
He is currently in Manila and wrote : "First time I have ever been bitten by a fan...haha ouch!" :shock:

Now I understand why the security was so high around Libera, with plenty of men with big arms between them and the fans :lol:
You follow Greyson Chance? :lol: Just kidding!

Where was he bitten? In the arm? Why would anybody do that? I think that's a cheap way to project that people at the other side of the world are crazy about him. Put him in a crowded area without somebody with a microphone saying 'this kid here is famous' and lets see if anybody will notice him.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Oh it's so cute when you see how they're still kids :)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Was this photo from Cebu already known ?

It's published today on this article in the PhilStar.com site., about the company Zest Air.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

"Zest Air brings Libera to Cebu City"

Kinda a bit late, isn't it? :lol: :lol: But it's the first time I've seen that picture. :)