Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Always nice to see the pictures from inside the camp so to speak. I wonder if that one with Josh and some of the boys around him was connected with a birthday greeting or something along those lines. A birthday greeting in libera choral style lol Alas we shall never know because a) there are no captions, and b) we don't get the video highlights anymore.

Here's another picture of them outside the PICC from a different angle

My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

That's actually outside the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) compound in Makati City. The PICC (Philippine International Convention Center) is located in Pasay City. Both cities are within Metro Manila or the National Capital Region.

They've been in the Philippines three times but they have never been taken to popular tourist spots yet.
skittles

Post by skittles »

MRA dud the high parts in Salva Me as well, so it probably was him
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Benj wrote:That's actually outside the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) compound in Makati City. The PICC (Philippine International Convention Center) is located in Pasay City. Both cities are within Metro Manila or the National Capital Region.

They've been in the Philippines three times but they have never been taken to popular tourist spots yet.
They've visited Tagaytay Highlands and Intramuros. I don't know if they've gone to other places yet.

What I really want to see though is a video of their Tinikling dance off. :lol:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

I just saw the link to the pictures on my facebook as well. There are some nice ones in there. I can't believe how old Cassius is looking. I remember him a couple of years ago when he had 'Einstein' hair. I also love the one of Nano-Ben turning with the thumbs-up. The ones when they are in concert formation with the lights are amazing - particularly #1 and #14.

Is that Issac making a new fashion statement with one pant leg up and one down (pic 24)? :)
Tim
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
skittles

Post by skittles »

i was in manila polo club doing homework when they were there. they wore the white shirt hoodies, and they must really like those because my sister saw them in the airport on their way to cebu and they were also wearing the white shirt hoodies. they've probably got a few of them. :D
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

skittles wrote:i was in manila polo club doing homework when they were there. they wore the white shirt hoodies, and they must really like those because my sister saw them in the airport on their way to cebu and they were also wearing the white shirt hoodies. they've probably got a few of them. :D
Those are uniforms. :D
Malibu wrote:I also love the one of Nano-Ben turning with the thumbs-up.
I think that one is Isaac.

Just noticed the moose in #12. Nice view! :lol:

Pic #11 was when they did Veni, Emmanuel.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

carina_gino20 wrote:
Malibu wrote:I also love the one of Nano-Ben turning with the thumbs-up.
I think that one is Isaac.
Oops, I think you're right. I wasn't 100% sure, but I figured it was Nano-Ben. Either way, great pic :D
Lead thou me on.
skittles

Post by skittles »

carina_gino20 wrote:
skittles wrote:i was in manila polo club doing homework when they were there. they wore the white shirt hoodies, and they must really like those because my sister saw them in the airport on their way to cebu and they were also wearing the white shirt hoodies. they've probably got a few of them. :D
Those are uniforms. :D
Oh I know, I just meant that between the white hoodies, the black hoodies and the blue shirts, they seem to have favoured the white hoodies on this tour. :)
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Ok, I just watched the Himig Ng Pasko video again, and one thing caught my eye at the very end. I love Ralph's (?) hand going up to wave in slow motion until everyone else joins. That made a laugh.
Tim
Lead thou me on.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

Malibu wrote:Ok, I just watched the Himig Ng Pasko video again, and one thing caught my eye at the very end. I love Ralph's (?) hand going up to wave in slow motion until everyone else joins. That made a laugh.
Tim
I didn't notice that before, but it's funny! :) And whoever was on the left forgot to wave...probably couldn't see everyone else.
chris17

Post by chris17 »

chris17 wrote:
Malibu wrote:Ok, I just watched the Himig Ng Pasko video again, and one thing caught my eye at the very end. I love Ralph's (?) hand going up to wave in slow motion until everyone else joins. That made a laugh.
Tim
I didn't notice that before, but it's funny! :) And whoever was on the left forgot to wave.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Malibu wrote:I just saw the link to the pictures on my facebook as well. There are some nice ones in there. I can't believe how old Cassius is looking. I remember him a couple of years ago when he had 'Einstein' hair.
That was just last year when they made the Eternal Light video. :lol: So definitely, they really do grow up sooo fast. It was just in their Asian summer tour of 2010 when Luke and Cassius made their debut. Luke grew even more since.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

I really love some of these pictures from the Philippines, especially:
#6 the unveiling of the Libera Playground plaque, nice how they captured the actual moment as well
#14 a gorgeous 'panorama' picture, very dramatic. Does anyone know which song they were singing at that moment?
#15 because you hardly ever get to see pictures of 'the band' ;)

And the more personal pictures (close-up, leisure time etc) are very nice, just feel-good pictures that capture some of the joy of Libera :)

And I'm tempted to make a new avatar from #27 ;) (--edit: ah, LennesSL beat me to it .. ;))
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

I also like so many of the latest pics:
#6- maybe not so much of the picture itself but considering what's the idea behind.
#8 - bowling - this one is so fun, it seems like they threw the ball at the same time and can't wait to see the results;
#10- very nice group photo, interesting background :wink: , it could be one of my favourites;
#12- the 'smallest member' is not forgotten! I'm just wondering when did he join the group?
#13- the very moment is attractive. It associates with photography art - the lighted candle in the background, the boys singing in the center and the mirror-like piano in front of them. Its a bit mysterious and everlasting in its own way.
#14- I just like this one- the stars that represent the night, the lights that keep attention to the stage and to the singers. And the bent heads remind that their music is not addressed for humans only. And have I ever mentioned that the humbleness of the group is adorable? If you click on the statistics tab under 'Himig Ng Pasko' video on Youtube you will see that Libera's music has spread to so many countries and they are as humble as ever.
#18- ''Cebu, cebu, cebu''. I think I rememeber this part so well :)
#24- Is it a postcard? Why I still haven't visited Philippines? :lol: What a nice pic! If Libera is going to make some postcards one day then this one is a good candidate.
#28 I just like this one as well.