Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by carina_gino20 »

I think #14 was taken during Eternal Light. Of the many backgrounds used in the concert, I can only remember a few and the starry, starry background of Eternal Light is one of them.

#17 - I thought "picture-taking is strictly prohibited on the tarmac"?!?! :x I kid, I kid. I suppose that is only for mere mortals like us.
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Soliir

Post by Soliir »

#14 was How Shall I Sing That Majesty I think. Eoghan and Stefan in the front row.
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Soliir wrote:#14 was How Shall I Sing That Majesty I think. Eoghan and Stefan in the front row.
Yeah I think so too!! Someone said that before, also. So I think you're right!
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

maartendas wrote:
And I'm tempted to make a new avatar from #27 ;) (--edit: ah, LennesSL beat me to it .. ;))
Sorry :). I was doubting about Stefans photo, This one I have now. Or the one after that with the two Matthews and the stars on the background. So prob. going to change it to check what I like the most. What do you think? I love Stefans picture!! Do you hate me now? :roll:
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Soliir wrote:#14 was How Shall I Sing That Majesty I think. Eoghan and Stefan in the front row.
Aah, yes. The formation points to How Shall I Sing. I miss listening to Eoghan's voice.

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

A slight fall to No2 in this week's Odyssey Top-Selling Albums Overall October 24 – 30, 2011 charts, but that's only because another Christmas compilation is at No1. Still 2 weeks at No1 and a 3rd week at No2 should translate to great sale returns. It would be interesting to know how many CD's they have sold over this period in the Philippines.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

I don't know how many CDs those ranking translates since they don't really release the numbers, but certainly a lot more than Coldplay. :lol: At the moment at least...
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Interesting article here http://www.tribuneonline.org/life/20111112lif1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Towards the end it mentions Lbera's recent tour and the release of their christmas album. A few interesting quotes;
Ethel Cachapero, marketing manager for Polyeast Records, said that Japanese and Korean fans flew all the way to the Philippines just to see the sold-out concert seen by President Noynoy Aquino himself. Most of those who watched, she said, are mothers with their young children in tow
The album, on the other hand, is the group’s first Christmas compilation as Libera, but not as a group. They were formerly known as Angel Voices, for which they made sold-out, multi-platinum albums, Cachapero revealed. The new Libera album, she shared, has sold 500 copies four hours after its release
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
dani
Diamond Member

Post by dani »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Interesting article here http://www.tribuneonline.org/life/20111112lif1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Towards the end it mentions Lbera's recent tour and the release of their christmas album. A few interesting quotes;
Ethel Cachapero, marketing manager for Polyeast Records, said that Japanese and Korean fans flew all the way to the Philippines just to see the sold-out concert seen by President Noynoy Aquino himself. Most of those who watched, she said, are mothers with their young children in tow
The album, on the other hand, is the group’s first Christmas compilation as Libera, but not as a group. They were formerly known as Angel Voices, for which they made sold-out, multi-platinum albums, Cachapero revealed. The new Libera album, she shared, has sold 500 copies four hours after its release
It is odd how 500 sales in 4 hours sounds pretty bad going but in Libera terms im assuming its magnificent . It proves how low there album sales really are and why they make very little money off cd's.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

dani wrote:It is odd how 500 sales in 4 hours sounds pretty bad going but in Libera terms im assuming its magnificent . It proves how low there album sales really are and why they make very little money off cd's.
Yes, sales of CD's have declined since the dawn of MP3's in general. However I expect Libera sales figures would have remained pretty fluid to keep it at No1 spot in some Philippine charts for the past 3 weeks, so they could well have accumulated 1000s of units sold by this stage.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

JimmyRiddle wrote:Interesting article here http://www.tribuneonline.org/life/20111112lif1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ha! So he was the one on that really suspicious looking convoy? Interesting~!

dani wrote: It is odd how 500 sales in 4 hours sounds pretty bad going but in Libera terms im assuming its magnificent . It proves how low there album sales really are and why they make very little money off cd's.
This is magnificent in a way here in the Philippines because piracy is so rampant here most of the populace adapted to it. :( Even popular local singers average only to 20k units sold at times. :/
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Moppi wrote:

Ha! So he was the one on that really suspicious looking convoy? Interesting~!
I find it very odd though that he didn't get any mention during Mr. de Ocampo's speech if he was really there...

phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

carina_gino20 wrote:I find it very odd though that he didn't get any mention during Mr. de Ocampo's speech if he was really there...
And we questioned his taste in music for nothing... :lol: Maybe the front-row are all foreigners that didn't recognize the president? Haha. But Skittles was in the front row, right? She would have recognized him. Unless he was in disguise or something. :)
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

phlibera wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote:I find it very odd though that he didn't get any mention during Mr. de Ocampo's speech if he was really there...
And we questioned his taste in music for nothing... :lol: Maybe the front-row are all foreigners that didn't recognize the president? Haha. But Skittles was in the front row, right? She would have recognized him. Unless he was in disguise or something. :)
I wonder if the boys knew he was there. I can imagine they would be pretty nervous if they did! So yeah, maybe he came incognito...
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

maartendas wrote:I wonder if the boys knew he was there. I can imagine they would be pretty nervous if they did! So yeah, maybe he came incognito...
I wonder if he was disappointed Bayan Ko was not sung? Hehe...