Philippines 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Moppi
Silver Member

Re: Philippines 2011

Post by Moppi »

That was one swift action from the Official Libera staff! The video just harkens me back to the concert :cry:

Here's hoping that the repackaged The Christmas Album announcement is around the corner *crosses fingers and toes* :D
"In the gathering there is strength for all who founder,
renewal for all who languish, love for all who sing."
- Song of All, canto 642
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

maartendas wrote:But hey, now with this video, we see that there is no need for fan-made videos after all - just a little patience :D
And despite my sad smiley earlier I am hopeful (because of this video) we will see a full live concert recording in the future...
Concert footage will have to be funded by someone else (like the 2007 concert DVD). The best bet for that of ever happening again would be a concert footage of a Japan concert as it's produced by EMI (Japan) themselves.

At least we would know if the concert we are attending has a chance of being published or not. We just have to observe the lighting they'll use. :D If there aren't that much colored lights then there's a chance they're recording it for a dvd (or better yet blu-ray).
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I woke up to this! Yay, I no longer need to rely on memory. I love the fact that the Filipinos spoil Libera and Libera spoils us in return. :lol: Pls come back next year!
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

psykick

Post by psykick »

I, for one, believe it would be great if they made a DVD out of this tour and released it to the public. It appears from the conversation here that it truly was an incredible concert, and to be able to experience it, even if it's viewed from a screen, would be amazing. I mean, the additional songs, the roaring crowd... everything necessary for a concert DVD is in this tour!

And if they were to do that, the addition of last year's encore, Bayan Ko, would also be great, in my opinion. The version that is currently available is filmed from far away, and thus the faces of the members are not visible. I wish to see Ben's expressiveness close-up during his solo in Bayan Ko!
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

psykick wrote:I wish to see Ben's expressiveness close-up during his solo in Bayan Ko!
That and the other choristers. Although, if ever, it would probably make me feel sad a little as a number of them left before their third tour here in the Philippines and one was down with school work. :(
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

LennesSL wrote:
Lumi wrote:Libera just posted their own recording of Himig Ng Pasko on Youtube. :D

That smile on Isaac's face after he finishes his solo is just priceless.
The whole song was beautiful. But Isaac's solo and then his smile. Made me actually cry!!
Thank you Libera for sharing this video :D I was wondering how everyone thought about the song. It's already beautiful as it is and Robert Prizeman turned it into a breathtaking splendor. Since Libera doesn't make concert dvds at least we have this video to reminisce. But you have no idea how incredible the atmosphere was if you really were at the PICC.

You guys might want to look at the english translation phlibera made a few pages back as we play this wonderful video over and over. Couldn't get any better than this.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

The rough translation is on page 34! Haha... That far back into this topic. :)
http://www.libera-dreams.com/forum/view ... 495#p36355

A good exercise would be to try to sing the Pilipino/Tagalog words with Libera and see if you can pronounce them like they can. You'll appreciate their work on this song even more. :D
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

I love that huge smile on MRA's face, and little Isaac in the end is sooooooooooo adorable! How do you translate "gigil" to English? :lol:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

maartendas wrote: I don't think that right now for me there is a more worthwhile musical experience on the entire planet than seeing Libera live. They lift me up and fill me up like no other musical artist around does. I've said it before recently but they truly are a balm for the soul.
And yes, an ache too because I agree with dani - please please please would it be possible to record a full concert like this and release it???? :(
Entire planet? Entire cosmic or multiverse! :lol:

Yeah please add me to the list of those who are begging for a new concert dvd-- Philippines 2009, Japan 2010, Philippines 2011 or may i suggest Royal Albert Hall this Christmas day :D
Christine

Post by Christine »

I really couldn't recall who did the high notes in Sanctus. Hahahaha. Could you help me remember? I just remembered Luke Collins doing the closing part of the Sanctus (which was a very good surprise). This has always been one of Libera's most anticipated song in the concert... anticipating the "who's" in the song.
phlibera
Gold Member

Post by phlibera »

Can't recall also. I tried to watch them closely at the concert, but now I couldn't recall who was it I saw singing that. I thought I saw it wasn't Kavana(as I was suspecting him), but I honestly couldn't recall who was it. My guess, it's probably either MRA or Stefan.
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Kavana was at the center so it's possible it might indeed be him.
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

phlibera wrote:Can't recall also. I tried to watch them closely at the concert, but now I couldn't recall who was it I saw singing that. I thought I saw it wasn't Kavana(as I was suspecting him), but I honestly couldn't recall who was it. My guess, it's probably either MRA or Stefan.
IIRC, it was indeed Matthew R-A. He was also the one providing the high parts for Daniel in "Stay With Me". I was actually surprised that he ended up getting the part of providing high notes, I think he was also here in the 2010 Peace Tour and he was just doing random harmonizations.
- Song of All, canto 642
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Libera has now uploaded their pictures from the Philippines! :D There's some real cute ones!
http://www.libera.org.uk/gallery/philippines_tour_2011
Moppi
Silver Member

Post by Moppi »

Rebecca (: wrote:Libera has now uploaded their pictures from the Philippines! :D There's some real cute ones!
http://www.libera.org.uk/gallery/philippines_tour_2011
Saw them too, there are indeed some nice pics of the choristers in there.

Speaking of the pictures from the tour, I always feel a bit awkward whenever they are going to the beach looking like that (with the hoods and all) in pictures, it's like they're just going to the beach for a mini photo op and woop~! Pack up! Although I've seen their other beach visit last year I guess and since it's on video form you can actually see that the choristers are having some fun playing on the seashore. :P
- Song of All, canto 642