Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Lauren
Silver Member

Re: USA 2011 Concert reviews.

Post by Lauren »

JimmyRiddle wrote:
Lauren wrote:videotaping skills!
That's a throwback to the 80's ;) but thanks I know what you mean.
lol You are so mean! What do I call it? Recording skills? Tom said the same thing to me about a record vs. CD. :lol:
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

czecho wrote:I had the pleasure of attending the Chicago concert and let me just say it was amazing.
Hi, czecho! Glad you got to go to your first Libera concert! Did we meet you last night? I was the one running around in a white dress. lol Did you travel far to get to Chicago?
http://www.mini-angels.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lauren
Silver Member

Post by Lauren »

Lexi's review of the Chicago concert - http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2011/08 ... ncert.html

Hope to get more pictures from friends soon. :D
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Lauren wrote:Lexi's review of the Chicago concert - http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2011/08 ... ncert.html

Hope to get more pictures from friends soon. :D
Awesome review and pictures - this goes for everyone who has written a review btw :) It's really appreciated for those who can't be there. I feel like I don't miss a thing :D

Wow I am impressed by the performances as you've all described them considering the heat :shock:
And yes to any Libera people reading this, please take care! Drink lots of water!

So - it was Freddie's birthday two days ago? Happy belated Birthday Freddie!! :D I'm glad his dad could be there with him, having your birthday so far away from home can be a bit tough when you're a kid. I'm sure everyone gave him a good celebration.

Have fun everyone and stay cool 8) ;)
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

So cool that Sal Solo was there, too. :)
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

carina_gino20 wrote:So cool that Sal Solo was there, too. :)
Yes! I missed reading that part the first time for some reason :roll: but that was really cool! 8) Amazing moment in history, if you think about it...!
Malibu
Silver Member

Post by Malibu »

Lauren wrote:Excellent write-up, Tim! Glad you made the 10 hour journey! It was hot, but they sang their hearts out. :D

Write-up on Moody Church service made more meaningful by Jimmy Riddle's videotaping skills! -

http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2011/08 ... rvice.html
Thanks Lauren. I'm glad I ended up going and it was very nice to see you and Lexi again. Good write up on the Moody Church service. I wish I could have been there.
tom413 wrote:Tim, thanks for writing down your thoughts about the show. Sanctus did not feature the Locus Iste introduction. I don't think I have ever seen the song performed that way live, but I would love to. It's my favorite of the many versions of that tune.

I agree that Ralph continues to perform even better as he gains more experience. I thought he did well in Canada, but he is surpassing that level in this tour so far. I think the same could be said for the job Freddie is doing on Always with You. I didn't notice the missing echo in Lamentione but do you suppose that the side doors of the chapel being open all night might have had some effect?

I agree that Exultate and How Shall I Sing That Majesty were highlights last night - performed with lots of energy and big smiles. I figured that had something to do with the sense of accomplishment having survived each half of the concert (and the knowledge that they would soon be in air conditioning with a cool drink in hand) :D .
Tom, thanks for clearing up my Sanctus question. I don't remember hearing that intro during the Canadian concerts so I thought maybe it was Locus Iste without the vocals. I still wish they would redo that song though, because, like you, it's my favorite version. I watched it on youtube about 3 times yesterday.
As for the missing echo on Lamentione, maybe it was where I was sitting. I remember in Canada there was an awesome echo, and it sounded amazing. It was still sung very well in Chicago, I just wish the church acousitcs would have done its job :wink:
Again, I agree about Exultate. They did a great job with that in Chicago.
czecho wrote:I had the pleasure of attending the Chicago concert and let me just say it was amazing. It was the first time that i have seen Libera in concert and it just blew my expectations out of the water. The boys were so crisp and clear in their singing, i was like wow. I was so surprised to see Josh and some of the older boys there, I was very happy that I was to able to see them before they moved on. You truly have to hand it to these boys to sing in the conditions that they did because like many have mentioned it was hot in that church. I think one of the highlights for me was the Sanctus, that is my favorite Libera song and it just gave me chills. The Gloria also was outstanding. All in all it was a great concert. Malibu, i think was sitting about two rows in back of you because i saw that SWAT guy and thought to myself "this guy likes Libera?" Thanks Libera
czecho, isn't it an amazing experience going to your first concert? My first one was in Canada, and it blew me away as well. It was amazing. And yes, I couldn't believe the SWAT guy listened to Libera. It's cool they have such a wide fan base.
Lead, kindly light amid the circling gloom.
Lead thou me on.
The night is dark and I am far from home.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

maartendas wrote:
carina_gino20 wrote:So cool that Sal Solo was there, too. :)
Yes! I missed reading that part the first time for some reason :roll: but that was really cool! 8) Amazing moment in history, if you think about it...!
San Solo!- I bet only Andy Winter and Robert himself would have remembered their first engagement. The birth of SPBC onto mainstream TV and all that's resulted since.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
czecho

Post by czecho »

Hey Lauren, i think we might have met at the concert in chicago. I only had to travel a little over an hour so i was really happy about that. I can't tell how happy i am that i finally had the chance to see them in concert. For the past 3 years or so i have wanted to see them in concert but have been unable to travel because of work. but as soon as i saw that they were coming to chicago i bought my tickets the first day. Malibu, it was amazing and something i won't soon forget. I forgot to mention how much i liked Love and Mercy (listening to it right now).
LennesSL
Silver Member

Post by LennesSL »

Lexi's mom went to the St. Louis Concert and posted a review. There was an meet & Greet. Sooooo pictures of the new boys.

http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2011/08 ... ncert.html

Hope you don't mind that I put it here Lexi, it's always the first thing I do after I wake up and there has been a concert is looking at your mini-angels site. LOVELY!!!

Don't mean cause any trouble..
Life is but a journey
Tides are always turning
Seasons come and go here but you’ll never be alone here
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Even though I'm not Lexi I can safely say it's no problem to share that review here :D That's what all our reviews are about ;)
carina_gino20
Platinum Member

Post by carina_gino20 »

Awww....Cassius is such a charmer! And Nano Ben looks really nano. :lol:
"I'm drowning here, and you're describing the water!" - Melvin Udall

~Caitlyn~

Post by ~Caitlyn~ »

LennesSL wrote:Lexi's mom went to the St. Louis Concert and posted a review. There was an meet & Greet. Sooooo pictures of the new boys.

http://mini-angels.blogspot.com/2011/08 ... ncert.html

Hope you don't mind that I put it here Lexi, it's always the first thing I do after I wake up and there has been a concert is looking at your mini-angels site. LOVELY!!!

Don't mean cause any trouble..
Thanks for posting this!
All the younger boys seems so, mature already!
And might I say... Jakob is looking good in that picture of him and Mini- Ben! :lol:
Oh and, Cassius looks good in those glasses!
AND, Matthew M looks a lot like his older brother(:
♥libera doesn't only speak to me, it heals my heart♥
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Wow, Lexi's mom can write in such a nice way, but I'm no match to Cassius on making unforgettable quotes!
Thanks Lauren! And the pictures are also very good :D
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Finally home now. I managed to sleep in the car, which is a first for me :lol: Pulled into the driveway at exactly 3:00 AM! Perfect timing... anyways... this si much longer than I meant it to be, so feel free to just skip around to the part you want to read :D

Hi everyone! I’m in the car on the way home to Houston, after a very amazing fun filled day! :D Just a warning, my review WILL be very long! Sorry!
So, I guess I’ll start with the morning service. My mom and I arrived at Stonebriar aroun 8:30 AM, but since my mom had to finish her coffee so we stood right outside the santcuary while she talked to the lady holding the door open. After a minute or so I heard Libera practicing and completely flipped out I went in and stood at the back while waiting for my mom, and we then went in and found seats on a row with Jenn, her mom, and Nicki. I also got to see Lexi, Lauren, Tom, Patrick, Yuki, and her mom again, as well as some new people! They sounded fantastic during the first service, but I was still a bit tired, after only 3 hours of sleep, to fully focus. They sand Gloria, Exsultate, and Glory to Thee, all 3 of my favourites! After that in the hall I was just milling around when I saw Tiarnan. I got real excited and went to go talk to him. He hinted that there might be a signing session, and later, during the meet and greet, he said “See! There was one after all!”. Next I met Sam, who my mom talked to a bit about his exams. I also got to meet Dylan and a few other newer boys (can’t remember who, sorry!). A few minutes later I found myself infront of Josh and Daniel. My two favorites, right there in front of me. I couldn’t believe it at all, and even told them “Oh my goodness! I don’t even know what to say! Sorry!” so I kinda just said they did good earlier and walked away awkwardly. My mom didn’t feel like joining me for the second service, so I went alone, and got to sit with Jenn and Nicki. Libera sounded amazing as always, and it was exciting to see them for a second time that day. Afterwords, my mom and I went to lunch then just poked around the mall a bit, before returning to to church at about 4ish. We met up with Jenn, Tom, Patrick, Thunderhawk (so sorry! Can’t remember your name!) and his son inside, and waited there for a while. More and more fans started arriving, and once the will call ticket line was open we went over to que by the door, which is when I started getting really excited!! When the doors opened I kind of ran/skipped/walked to the front row, and was able to get one of the two center seats! It was pretty much the perfect place, both sound wise, and sight wise – meaning osh was infront of me for a lot of the concert! That was pretty darn exciting for me! The concert did start a bit late, but not too much. From the first echoing note of Jubliate I had a huge smile on my face! I couldn’t believe I was actually seeing them again! Live! Right there infront of me! I was very happy the whole time, but when Eternal Light came, I could hardly hold in my shrieks and screams! Josh’s solo was soooo breathtaking. I couldn’t even comprehend what was going on. It was perfect. Flawless. I was nearly crying! The rest of the first half was great, and the speeches were all cute! My favourite one, though, was when they did the speech about the robes. When Cassius has his hood on and sleeves tucked in he just stands there, and this time instead of having someone come tap him or what not, Liam walks over with this annoyed look on his face, picks him up, carries him to his spot, plops him down, sighs, and walks back to his own spot. It was just hillarous!!! The second part of the concert was just amazing! Daniel’s solo on Stay With Me was great, always one of my favourites! Also, Te Lucius was very haunting, and beautiful. Glory to Thee was also wonderful! I loved the canon part of it, espically hearing Josh at the end ^_^. After the concert, it was announced a meet and greet would take place, as we suspected, after seeing all the tables and chairs xD. I started freaking out, again, and had so much touble trying to decide what to get signed (I even said “I’ll have them sign my FACE!” out of pure shock… I don’t think I’d want that!). I ended up getting the first page of my Song of Life sheet music signed, which Yuki gave to me! (Thank you so so so much!). The line moved fairly quickly, and before I knew it I was there! Face to face with Matthew Jansen! Next was Jude, who said a very cute “hi!” when I greeted him. Nano Ben was next, who is just the cutest little thing ever, followed by Thomas (who signed his name Tom). He seemed very interested in the sheet music, and I told him it was from my friend from Japan. He said “Oh! That’s why it’s in Japanese!” Next was Luke, and then Sam, who actually remembered me from this morning! Tiarnan came next, followed by Matthew Madine, and then Eoghan, who asked me what my favourite song was that night. I said “Uhh, honestly, all of them. I can’t choose! Well, maybe Eternal Light…!” Next came Freddie, then Cassius! I nearly forgot to give him the passport I’d made for moose, but I was able to just in time!! I told him he could give it to moose after the meet and greet, and he and all the boys around him seemed to like it! Orlando was next, he has a very cool signatre! Then came Matthew R-A, followed by Carlos, Dylan, and Barney, who signed his name with “xx” at the end! Awesome! After him came Sammy, then Alex and Kavana, who we talked to about the weather here as opposed to London. They both like it here more, where as I preper the rainy coldness of England. Maybe we shold trade?? I then looked who was next. It was Daniel. I frooze up for a minute, and didn’t know what to say! I ended up just saying good job and what not. I’ll try harder Tuesday to say something else! Then came Ben! I complimented him on his hair, and said it was “Draco Malfoy like” which I qickly took back and said I was completly obsessed with Harry Potter, to which he said “me too!!”, leading into a big conversation about Harry Potter, in which I showed him the Deathly Hallows sign I had on my wrist! My mom decided it was necessary to show Ben a picture of me in Bellatrix cosplay on my ipad, so she found that while I began to talk to Josh! I said “Your solo was realy really really really really good!” About that time she found the picture, and showed Ben, Josh, and Liam! They all seemed to like it.. which I guess was good! And a few boys liked Bellatrix as well, which was awesome! It was so unreal talking to Josh! It was pretty thrilling! Next was Liam! I gave him the card Charmaine had given me to give him, and he seemed to really like it! After him was Michael and Issac, followed by Ralph. Ralph and I had a hard time deciding where he should sign, since the music was getting a bit busy! We did find a place though! I also talked to him abot trying to play Libera songs on the piano by ear, which I admitted I was no good at! Last but not least was Henry! He was very polite, as were all the boys!! While I was off fan-girling and trying to calm down my mom was talking with Mr Phillip, who then personally thanked me for putting up posters and telling people about the concert! That made me feel real happy! My mom also was telling him about some restaurants and such in Houston, so maybe they’ll go to one of them!!! Well,that’s abot it, I guess! It’s now just about 1 AM, so we have two more hours of driving left. Might “attepmt” to sleep some, or just stare at the autographs some more! Thanks to Libera for a great concert!!! It was my favourite so far, out of all 3 I’ve been to!!
Last edited by Rebecca (: on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.