'St John the Apostle' - Torquay (30th July 2008)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I am anxious to hear the solos of some of the new boys. I am sure we will see some of them performing their first solos either this year or next.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yeah!! Which makes me think that some members like Zack will probably never get a solo.....
barlies04
Silver Member

Post by barlies04 »

Never say never Zac might just get his chance if not this year maybe next after all both Josh & Tom are 14 this year!
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Thats true.... and maybe Jakob Wood will get a couple of solo's too!!
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Yeah, cool. I can't wait to hear the solo voices of the younger boys too! Hopefully, every boy who wants a solo do get one, sooner or later. I'm quite sure every boy could handle a solo, if not a part solo isn't too bad either. I think Liam, Joe and Ben would get quite a few new solos, since they are pretty good at it now. :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I have faith in Zack and he may get a solo soon. And I know Joe has done a solo during a concert, would have loved to hear him do a solo, and Live!!
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Zack not getting a solo could also be his decision. I know it all the years I was a performer, close to 20, I never wanted to have a solo. I prefered being in the main group and did not seek the spotlight as a soloist. There was a time in my junior year in high school, I was part of 6 different musical groups at the same time and in not one did I ever want to play a solo. The closest was the brass quintet I was in.

So, it could be that Zack and the rest who never have solos just don't want them. As I recall, Raoul never had one and I don't think Callum ever has either, though I could be wrong about him.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

Didn't Callum sing a solo in the last version of Ave Maria performed by Libera on SOP?
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

I don't have a copy of that vid so I really don't know.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Ok, I just watched the Ave Maria vid here on this board and that is not Callum singing but Connor O'Donnell who has, this year, left the group.

The similarity between the names Callum and Connor has messed me up on occasion as well.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American

Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Did Callum not sing 'Prayer' with Michael Horncastle at some point?
Quinnsome
Silver Member

Post by Quinnsome »

Yes, on the album Visions Callum did sing the harmony with Michael doing the solo...
I think they sounded great together.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

It's a valid point though, not every boy will feel comfortable performing solo. You see boys like Tom, Josh, Mini-Ben and how natural they are on stage and in the spotlight, but it wouldn't be true for everyone.

I felt a bit awkward as a teenager, it was until the last year or so at school, that I gained confidence and came out of my shell. There's no way at 8-13 you would have got me singing solo in front of the kind audiences Libera get, even if I theoretically had the most amazing voice ever lol
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah its really up to the boys whether or not they can take on a solo, Im sure Robert offers them one if they wish but who knows.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

TEB wrote:Ok, I just watched the Ave Maria vid here on this board and that is not Callum singing but Connor O'Donnell who has, this year, left the group.

The similarity between the names Callum and Connor has messed me up on occasion as well.
You're right. My bad.