'St John the Apostle' - Torquay (30th July 2008)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Jude Andrew, it's a great description of the sights you see on the way and the entire performance. Thanks for sharing. Glad that you enjoyed yourself there. We'll definitely be looking out for the Song of Praise programme that Libera is going to be featured there. It's a MUST-see for all Libera fans! I can't wait!
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Jude Andrew- Could you possibly give us a full list of the boy's at the concert?? Seeing as Liam, Callum and Zack weren't on Last Choir Standing, I need some assurance that they are still in Libera =)
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

libera36 wrote:Jude Andrew- Could you possibly give us a full list of the boy's at the concert?? Seeing as Liam, Callum and Zack weren't on Last Choir Standing, I need some assurance that they are still in Libera =)
Sure thing....

Not too sure where the Liam and Callum missing thing came from.... they were both in attendance and at their usual best... :)

So here goes; JB, Tiarnan, Oliver & Tom Cole, Liam, Kavana, Ed, Tom, Josh, Joe, Mike Horncastle, Callum, Alex & Sam Leggett, Flynn, mini-Ben, Jakob, Ralph, Thomas Stuttard, James Threadgill, Carlos Rodriguez, Freddie Ingles, Daniel Fontannaz, James Mordaunt, Samuel Moriarity & Alfie Smart.

Michael V seems to be the only one missing.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

Jude Andrew wrote:
libera36 wrote:Jude Andrew- Could you possibly give us a full list of the boy's at the concert?? Seeing as Liam, Callum and Zack weren't on Last Choir Standing, I need some assurance that they are still in Libera =)
Sure thing....

Not too sure where the Liam and Callum missing thing came from.... they were both in attendance and at their usual best... :)

So here goes; JB, Tiarnan, Oliver & Tom Cole, Liam, Kavana, Ed, Tom, Josh, Joe, Mike Horncastle, Callum, Alex & Sam Leggett, Flynn, mini-Ben, Jakob, Ralph, Thomas Stuttard, James Threadgill, Carlos Rodriguez, Freddie Ingles, Daniel Fontannaz, James Mordaunt, Samuel Moriarity & Alfie Smart.

Michael V seems to be the only one missing.
Looks as if Zach is on the absent list as well. Probably on holiday with his family.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Im sure he is just spending some much needed time with his family :)
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yes, probably!! I wonder when Henry Barrington will appear with them in public?? I mean, he was part of Libera when they made New Dawn (along with James Starkey), but they haven't appeared in a concert yet!! Which doesn't make much sense, because now there are 6 more...... Well, I guess in the end we will see all of them!!!
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

It could be that while RP felt the above mentioned boys were ready to record with, that he doesn't feel they are ready to publiclly perform yet. I am sure it is just a matter of time. Remember Sam L. says in his spoken bit on the dvd that there are plenty of younger boys in the group but that they just aren't ready to perform yet.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

Yeah, it takes a great deal to stand in front of so many hundreds of people to perform, the younger boys will probably take a while to overcome the nerves. They will probably need some time to get used to it, and then be allowed to perform with the older boys.
Rich
Silver Member

Post by Rich »

During my last visit to St. Phillip's, there were several unfamiliar faces among the boys. Given some time and a little more experience, I'm sure we'll see them on tour in due time.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yes, it will be good to chart the progress of the new boys over the next few years, although it's a double edged sword in away, because you know it inevitably means that the current front line boys you have so much enjoyed over the years are now in their final phase of being with Libera. You just need to remind yourself that Libera wouldn't survive without this constant cyclic evolution of talented choristers.
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Yep!! I was wondering the other day, which of the little boys, just joining now, will take over some of the solo's..... like, maybe one day Kavana will be singing Ave Maria or Flynn will be singing When A Knight, or another one of the old Libera classics..... kind of funny, when you think about it!!!
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

Yes, it is kind of intriguing.... especially for someone like me; new to Libera. Where as some of you out there have already experienced it with the transitons of Stephen, Ben, Conor, Callum and Mike. I can definitely see Kavana having a bright future :) he seems to have the outgoing personality anyway :lol:
libera36

Post by libera36 »

Not me!! I have successfully been a fan for 6 months, so this is all new to me too!!! I can really see Kavana singing a solo and I can see Zack maybe singing 1 or 2, but I'd really love to see Tiarnan do a solo!! He's kind of an under looked member..... And I hope that Joe Snelling sings Do Not Stand, when Tom can no longer hit the notes......
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

It seems to me that most of the boys who go on to do the solos usually get their first one within their first or second years on the stage. Michael, Tom, Ben, Ed and Joe got their first solos within the first year of performing on stage. Liam and Josh I think got their first solos in their second year on stage.
barlies04
Silver Member

Post by barlies04 »

Hi Yeah i agree with all the sentiments just think in 5 yrs time god willing there people will sit back and recall such as Josh, Tom,Liam, Sam,Ben(Furby), not forgetting the even older members. and Discussing About Flynn,Kavana who by then will probably singing solo's but also the new boys upcoming to replace them an as Jimmy Riddle states Libera is cyclic in it's evolution which is great