'St John the Apostle' - Torquay (30th July 2008)

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

I'll like to see Mr. Robert Prizeman writing a song, whereby giving equal number of verses for those that could sing high as well as those could sing low. I always notice at some parts in the Libera in concert DVD, Michael, Conor, and Callum didn't get to sing a lot in most of the songs. Now that Tom, Josh, Jonathan, a few more who voices are about to change, (which is quite a few of them), maybe he could write a song suitable for them too. We always tend to focus on the high parts and kind of forgot about the rest. It would even be better if low voices get solo parts too.

I do know there's a few songs whereby there's solo for altos parts. It would be good for the older boys, to know that they are also very important to the group, and as Callum says in the DVD video, the lower voices help support the high notes too.
TEB
Gold Member

Post by TEB »

RP wouldn't necessarily need to write a new song. I am sure he could just write new parts for the lower voices. With Michael, Callum and JB now singing lower and with the approaching voice change of others, he may already be taking care of that. Especially since Callum has expressed a desire to remain in the group. And lower parts might even draw Conner back to the group as well.
Tom B.
Proud to be an American
Clan Farquharson, Scotland

"I AM THE DAWN OF ALL TIME."
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Kevin wrote:Gonna be a great show, hope some of you guys here get to go!! You must share with us your thoughts and feelings afterward :D
hey kevin i have to ask you some thing are you going to post any thing a bout the counsrt that they did in 30th of july? if libera is going to do a new DVD for 2009
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Libera generally keep these kinds of things to themselves until the items are very near to being released. We wont know about another dvd until just before it comes out if they make one period. I believe they will and soon, but there are no definitive answers to anything yet.
Last edited by tcliffy on Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

As far as I know, there are no plans of a new DVD release for this year. Nothing is confirmed yet and there are still several months left in this year so who knows. Of course if I hear anything I will post it on the website.