USA tour!!! [2011]

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

labbie

Re: USA tour!!!

Post by labbie »

I don't doubt that everyone in Europe is waiting for concerts. They deserve to get some visits from Libera. However, I'm going to put in a good word for my country, Canada. I know that Libera visited in the spring, but since other countries, like the U.S., Japan and the Philippines seem to get yearly visits, it would be wonderful for us to have Libera come back next year, maybe even to southwestern Ontario again and perhaps other places like Kingston or our capital, Ottawa. My point is that they worked hard in the spring (seven concerts plus a mini-concert for students in Waterloo region) to increase their fanbase in the area that would probably be the most receptive to them in terms of population and other demographics. They now need to maintain and expand the fanbase. They could even try out the Montreal area. Coming to Canada in the summer would also be a good idea because of various music festivals (classical/choral) that take place, such as the Elora Summer Music Festival, which might attract some of the audience who came to the Guelph concert. The boys wouldn't have to deal with cold, rain and even snow, although it can get very hot here, also. Other places having summer events are in the Toronto region, and in Stratford, home of our Shakespeare festival. Libera has maintained fanbases in the Far East and the U.S. by repeat visits (e.g., they came back to St. Louis by popular demand). It makes sense for them to continue to work on this aspect of further developing their appeal in other countries. I know that they can only visit a certain number of countries/cities for reasons which have been discussed elsewhere. But yes, I can understand that other countries also need to have them visit for the first time, which for any fanbase, is exciting. I wish them great success in the future, no matter where they choose to tour.
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Asia should be next ;). Of course, the Philippines tour is confirmed this October.

Charmaine
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

My most prized possession at the moment...sitting on top of one of my other most prized possessions (thumbnailed b/c it's a little large for forum posting)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

/swoon
/faint

(Thanks Tom for being my guardian angel and introducing me to Ben Crawley for his signature! :oops: )
Jayfrog214

Post by Jayfrog214 »

Can you imagine the reaction from the boys and the Libera staff when they look down at the front row at the first Philippines show and it is once again filled with Libera Dreams folks? They would be like "Oh My Josh!!" (sorry Rebecca, could not resist the chance to use it). :lol:
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Jenn wrote:Got home about an hour ago
Lucky. I'm only in West Memphis tonight.

I should be home tomorrow though. :)

My pleasure to help with the intro to Ben C.
I think it's cool when the old guys get some attention as well.
Jayfrog214

Post by Jayfrog214 »

tom413 wrote: I think it's cool when the old guys get some attention as well.
I agree. Last year I was able to get Calum's autograph and this year I was lucky enough to get Steven Geraghty to sign the book. That was one of the most special ones as I was able to thank him for saving my life (through song...long story) I was so excited about finally meeting him that it didn't hit me until I was driving home that Ben C was standing 10 feet away and I TOTALLY forgot to get his autograph..... :( bummer.....
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

maartendas wrote:No ladies, Europe deserves to have them next :D :wink:
While it is entertaining to read the banter, it is important to remember that because
tours are pretty much limited to school holidays, Libera's touring location decisions are very
difficult. With Asia taking the spring slot for next year, there is only an opportunity
for either Europe, the US, Canada or some new market (e.g. China). It's hard to build
a fanbase by repeatedly touring the same areas because then other areas are not going to
be covered since time is so limited. The Dallas and St. Louis fans are extremely lucky to have
had repeat visits. While I personally have loved both of my visits to those places, I can't imagine
a return visit next year without significant financial guarantees being delivered well in advance
to make that happen.

For me, I'm only hoping that there is a tour of some sort next summer with enough concerts being given
to make the trip worth it...wherever it may be. I need an excuse to meet up with all of my concert going
friends! :D
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Jayfrog214 wrote:Can you imagine the reaction from the boys and the Libera staff when they look down at the front row at the first Philippines show and it is once again filled with Libera Dreams folks?
That exactly what occured yesterday :)
right first row : mostly from Libera Dreams, Lauren, Lexi, Minyung, YukiBol, Mummy-San, Rebecca, Jenn, Nikki (not sure for the exact order). Left first row : John45, Tom413.
I was second row right ;)

Nikki and Jenn are back home, Tom is half-way, Lauren and Lexi still at Houston, as I am, I will leave friday morning only :)
Today I went to the Nasa Space Center (interesting but a little too childish to my personal taste. The Libera would have loved that place !! :) ) and then I went to the Ocean by going on a beach at Galveston. First time im my life that a see wild pelicans flying ! :D

Tomorrow will be my last day of my libera-tourism tour. Going to Houston downton, Natural Science Museum, Aquarium, and I will see depending the remaning time.
I will have driven 2200 milles (3500 Km) during my 20 days in the USA, this is more than what I drive in one full year in France !! :lol:

Yesterday was my 28th Libera concert, and the 24th in a row :D (I have attended all concerts since Arundel 2010).
End of the serie, as I'm not going to the Philippines ;)

In the time of just one year (Usa Tour 2010 to now), Libera have managed 23 concerts !! Wow !! :D
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

Indeed we are VERY lucky to have had them for not just one but two concerts in Texas two summers in a row. While I pray, for my bank account's sake, for a repeat visit next year, I know it's likely 3 years in a row. They do seem to love Texas and have good crowds, but we have had our turn. I only hope that wherever they go next summer that I am able to afford the trip :D I too need my "forum friends fix". :lol: Above all though, even if I can't go, I hope the financing is there so they can tour without worrying about the costs.

Patrick, it sounds like you had an excellent holiday :D How amazing for you to get to travel so much and see Libera perform in so many different places. I only drove about 600 miles and that was quite enough for me! It's back to work for me tomorrow :-( Enjoy your last day in the states and have a safe journey home!
fan_de_LoK
Diamond Member

Post by fan_de_LoK »

Thank you very much Jenn :)

I really enjoyed my stay in the US, discovering the country and meeting the people, I always was very warmly welcomed ! :D
I hope to be able to come back soon :)
But I also hope to have the pleasure to see in Europe all the american faces I know ;)
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

I hope to get there soon! Maybe next year at some point I'll get an opportunity, but I fear I would never want to come home!

On a random note, I found a nice clear plastic case for just the back of my ipod to protect the signatures. Best part is it only cost $2.99 with free shipping :D Until it arrives I will be carrying my ipod around like it's made of glass, no more just dropping it into my pocket or bag! :wink:
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Hope everyone has had/will have a good drive/flight back home!!

Patrick, glad you made it down to Galveston! We love it there!!

Jenn, I still have the Sharpie he used to sign it... :lol: But honestly, I think I'd prefer his signature! I got it for my friend, but totally forgot about myself! Oh well! There's always next time!
Jenn
Silver Member

Post by Jenn »

awww you should just give your friend a different program and keep the one Ben signed :D I mean..uh..that wouldn't be nice at all :wink:

I'm totally glad you took that sharpie! I normally ALWAYS have pens galore in my bag but I'd emptied it out when I was packing. My poor ipod would have one less "Ben" on it without that sharpie. We crazy fangirls have to stick together :lol: though it's probably a good thing you chose the sharpie over the water bottle.
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Hey all,

My comment about Europe was just a bit of a joke :wink: I don't think it's very realistic they'll come here soon. It's the Philippines in October, Japan next Spring and we'll have to wait after that probably. I know in the run-up to Epsom RP said in an interview something about wanting to visit Italy, Germany etc because Libera had gotten a fanbase there but I have to wait and see. My best wish right now is a cathedral/curch appearance in the UK - even if I can only just afford it, I will go (having second thoughts about the Songs of Praise thing). But Europe, the mainland - it's a daydream, but I tend to daydream "out loud" :lol:

I hope the boys, RP, the musicians, the staff and everyone else from Team Libera arrive safely back home with a wonderful time to look back on. The boys have so much to tell their friends! :D
Patrick and everyone else who is returning from the US, have a safe journey home. To all who has shared their reviews, thank you so much - you made me feel like I was a part of this newest Libera adventure. Might blog about some highlights that have been.
Peace & Love!
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
labbie

Post by labbie »

To those who wish that Libera would tour Europe, don't give up hope. I often wondered if they would ever come to Canada, since it didn't seem from all appearances that anyone in the media were even aware of them (the manager of the hall that they played in Kitchener did not seem to know about them until I sent an e-mail). I should also clarify that my e-mail did not have any bearing on Libera coming to the Centre in the Square - their appearance came about through other arrangements. However, months after that, in April of this year, Libera announced their southwestern Ontario tour, including Kitchener, much to my delight, and that of friends who had recently heard about them. In the light of this, it is best not to consider your continent or city "out of the running". Of course, I will always advocate for another Canadian (or better yet, southwestern Ontario) tour in the future, which is only natural considering that that is where I live! However, I can understand the feelings of those who haven't seen them in their area even once. I also do understand that the Libera organization, as worldwide popularity increases, finds itself in somewhat of a happy predicament (if such things can be said to be "happy"). Do they make return visits to areas that they have previously toured in order to keep up the interest in those countries/cities, or is it a better decision to strike out into new areas and establish support there? We are all aware that there are various factors which affect their ability to tour, and I sympathize with them in that their staff have very difficult decisions to make. In the end, they will make the decisions that work best for the group, and I for one support them in this, no matter what my personal wishes may be. It will be interesting to see what will happen in the future for them as more people discover the beautiful sound that is Libera.