Queen Elizabeth Hall Concert May 11th 2008

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Yes, I believe we have. Both my brothers have long hair now. I would too, but my hair is so poofy so that when it gets long it just becomes a mess and I have to gel it every morning which get's quite annoying and time consuming.
http://www.troyesivan.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

BruceH - Wow, thanks very much for the detailed explainantion of the earpiece, you obviously have a lot of experience in that field. I never realised it was so complicated !!

Tom413 - I believe that the boy sitting beside Joe in picture 1 is Daniel Fontannaz.
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Thanks Jude for your insight.

The other mystery chorister has to be Ralph Skan.
As I understood it, Libera was 22 strong at QEH. There were 19 who came over here. I believe all of those 19 were at your show and were joined by Michael Horncastle, Daniel and Ralph. If you're sure Daniel is in picture 1, than I'm sure Ralph is the boy with Joe in picture 32/33.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I hope to identify the remaining unidentified choristers with the use of these pictures coming in and from my sources. Once I figure out who is who, I will post it on the website as soon as possible.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

And even then you may fall short of this picture which was on the display board outside the concert venue. It's the very latest group photo taken last week, showing no less than 29 active boys in the group :shock: lol

Still there's no rush to identify them, I'm sure we'll have the pleasure of following their progress over the coming years. :)
xsakurax
Gold Member

Post by xsakurax »

29 active boys??? There's so many of them?!? I'm amazed! Are the rest younger? Like 7 or 8 years old? The picture shows so many unfamiliar faces! Are they new members?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

A majority of the new lads are 7, 8 or 9. There are a few more new kids besides the batch introduced to us when 'New Dawn' was released. Those as well as a few others are still waiting to be identified. I hope to update the entire chorister database once I get off school, which is in about 2 1/2 weeks. Please be patient with me as this is crunch time for me in school.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Good luck with final exams Kevin. I can't wait to see and hear the other new lads. I wonder if we'll have any Michael Horncastle Jrs.? (not literally, just figuratively :wink: )
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

I was actually wondering, do you have to pay in order to "meet and greet" the choisters of Libera?
Or do you just have to wait in line?
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Although I've never actually seen them in person, I don't think you have to pay to do the meet and greet session. However, it may also depend on where you/they are.
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

Ahh.. I see..
Because I saw in some posting online that they paid to "meet and greet" them in person in one of their US tours.
I mean, even though I will pay, I would not mind.
Its going for a good cause (I think =D). The boys has to get their money somewhere. And it is another way to show your support to Libera.
tcliffy
Gold Member

Post by tcliffy »

Pefectly true and I'm glad that's the way you think. It's not easy supporting a large group and taking them on tours and such. It's incredibly expensive with hotels, food, airfare, transport, venue rentals, not to mention all the little extras that people always seem to need when they travel. If there is anything that any of us can do to support them, I'm sure we all would.
Jude Andrew
Gold Member

Post by Jude Andrew »

I can only comment on the QEH concert, but there was no cost for meeting the boys afterwards. It was just a matter of queing up in line.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

I think for the two pay 'meet and greet' specials on the US tour there were greater forces at work beyond their control, which stipulated one half of the boys meeting fans who had paid for expensive tickets in a private room, while the other half of the group signed for the majority of the general public outside in the foyer.

I would suspect that the boys of Libera and those who work closely with them, were relieved and glad they were back to normal signing for all their fans at the QEH concert.
PiusPatronus

Post by PiusPatronus »

I just looked over the photo gallery for the QEH concert and noticed something.

Jakob as such an awesome signature! :lol: