Canada Concerts - April 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

I remember at first in Epsom I was a little shy, but after a bit I was fine! Then in Hamilton I just jumped right on in! Every sinlge fan at the concerts who I talked to were so nice! It was great to finally be able to talk about Libera to actual human beings without having eyes rolled at me or my siblings yell at me :lol: i really thought it was one of the best parts! The only one people might wanna be worried about is me :lol: If I'm in another 'Libera panic attack', that is! :roll:
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote:
paul30003 wrote:
tom413 wrote: Should you get to another concert make sure to introduce yourself.
The Libera fanbase is a good group of people. Hanging out with them is almost as much fun as the concert!
I actually enjoyed the many hours of queuing, as it gave me the chance to meet and chat to many friendly Libera fans from around the world. Going to Libera concerts is a very social activity, I look forward to meeting many people on here again soon I hope .
It's the only time I get to talk to people about Libera in the real world - the first concert I went to I was very reluctant to join the queue and talk to people. In fact I positioned myself some distance away and watched Patrick typing away on his netbook for ages :lol: When I eventually plucked up the courage to take the plunge and join in it was quite painless. They didn't bite :wink:
Doesn't sound like you at all! :lol: Considering that you have posted quite a few comments here on the forum :lol:

When I first saw the queue in Arundel (the first concert I visited) I also wasn't very sure what I'm doing there and accused myself of being suspicious stranger :lol: I had that orange T-shirt on so I was recognized instantly as one of the fans and I was greeted very friendly by people already there. Ah, you know I appreciated that a lot :D

Queuing is a great social event!
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Murkskis wrote: Doesn't sound like you at all! :lol: Considering that you have posted quite a few comments here on the forum :lol:
Ahh, but the forum isn't the real world. On here we are all 20 something supermodels with the IQ of Einstein. Not quite as attractive in the real world.......
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Nicki wrote:
Yorkie wrote:Not quite as attractive in the real world.......
I beg your pardon? Image

Lol :P I was a bit shy at first also, but the forum "veterans" helped me loosen up a bit and welcomed me into their conversations. I wasn't a member yet back when they came to TX, so I has no idea who I was talking to back then. Since London and Toronto, though, I've gotten to know plenty of you fine people :D It's cool to have an extended group of friends consisting of people from all over the world that you've met online.
The real world can be even more surprising!
Regarding''who I was talking to" - When I collected my ticket in Arundel I got to know only a few moments later that it was actually Steven Philipp who was handing them out 8)

And yes, it's very nice and interesting to meet so many nice people from a wide range of countries :D
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

Murkskis wrote: And yes, it's very nice and interesting to meet so many nice people from a wide range of countries :D
Don't forget me Murkskis :wink:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Murkskis

Post by Murkskis »

Yorkie wrote:
Murkskis wrote: And yes, it's very nice and interesting to meet so many nice people from a wide range of countries :D
Don't forget me Murkskis :wink:
Who can forget you ... :D :lol:
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

Nicki wrote:
Murkskis wrote:The real world can be even more surprising!
Regarding''who I was talking to" - When I collected my ticket in Arundel I got to know only a few moments later that it was actually Steven Philipp who was handing them out 8)
Same here, I had a few words with him last year before I put together who he was :lol:

Also, in St. George's, a man standing next to me selling programs dropped a couple coins, so I picked them up and handed them back to him. He thought I was buying some, but I told him he had just dropped them, and he thanked me and continued selling. It was almost a month before I learned that it was actually Daniel's dad, lol!
My mom ended up talking to Ben's dad for nearly half an hour without knowing it :lol: She said she had just met a really nice man selling CD's and it turned out to be him!
Ohhh, also after the Epsom concert I was talking to a boy about my age, probably a little older, just saying how great the concert was, etc. and it turned out to be Daniel's brother :oops: :lol: I think he thought I was crazy.... :roll:
labbie

Post by labbie »

If Daniel is 15, and his brother is older, then his brother may too old to be a member of Libera.
symphonica7
Gold Member

Post by symphonica7 »

Daniel has a sister as well.......!!!
"The most powerful sound in music is silence..."
choiretto

Post by choiretto »

symphonica7 wrote:Daniel has a sister as well.......!!!
Oh, great! Maybe you know then, if Flynn has a brother???? ;)
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Great news! Just noticed that Libera posted on their web site that attendees of their Canada concerts sponsored over 100 children through World Vision!

Lauren
jennaluvspbr
Gold Member

Post by jennaluvspbr »

Lexi wrote:Great news! Just noticed that Libera posted on their web site that attendees of their Canada concerts sponsored over 100 children through World Vision!

Lauren
wow nice news with o much
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Lexi wrote:Great news! Just noticed that Libera posted on their web site that attendees of their Canada concerts sponsored over 100 children through World Vision!

Lauren
Cool! That's great news :). I knew Libera would take part in such sponsor, like World Vision.

Charmaine
kay
Silver Member

Great News

Post by kay »

The best news anyone could ask for - well done everyone involved
Lexi
Silver Member

Post by Lexi »

Hi! I just put up a video of the Canada tour! There were no Meet & Greets, so it's the best I can do. I'm sure Libera's will be way better. :)

[youtube][/youtube]