Canada Concerts - April 2011

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

choiretto wrote:@tom413

Thank you very much for the information! It's very useful! :)
Yes, I wouldn't mind following LIBERA all over the globe, if only I was allowed....
God saw how much I wanted to see them one day, and how hard I fought to get there!
He knows that my parents are complete rebels against LIBERA (hate to say this). That's why, after a long fight against a huge wall, that separated me from LIBERA; He had won the struggle for me.
He reached out His strong hand of help, to me, (someone, who was already dying, but couldn't give up) and that's when I saw something laying in His hand....
In His hand, was a tiny, brown envelope that He so gently handed over to me.
I opened it... and then everything was just a blur.
Tears filled my eyes.
In the envelope, was a ticket to my dream....

That's how I got to see LIBERA live, for the very first time in my life!
I'm still a high-school student, so... you probably have a great understanding of high-school kids' salaries. Some of us work harder than we should, to get these "well deserved" minimum wage payments....
Don't want to brag, but I'm definitely one of these characters!
I do 4 different jobs in our company, and work for 11. 5 months now! (usually, high-school kids that get hired for our company, stand only a few weeks of work. Then they disappear....)

I've worked hard to get my dream. And I made it!
I went all the way from British Columbia to Toronto, Ontario, and saw LIBERA. Personally, with my own eyes!

And though I suffered quite a lot from my terrible back ache (to save some money, I've stayed in the airport the whole night=couldn't sleep of course); I still, until this very moment, do not regret my trip even the smallest bit! I'd do it again, if given the opportunity...! :)
Over all, I've stayed 19 hours in the airport. :lol:
I'm definitely "LIBERA crazed"! That's what my friend calls me, by the way....

My parents say it was my first and last LIBERA concert, but I know I'll get to see more in the future! :)

Sorry for the long post! :lol:
I feel your pain, I had to do the same in JFK airport, and Lexi is right, no high schooler should be sleeping in an airport :shock:

I had a pretty rough night, and i'm used to sleeping in tents as I trek and camp wild a lot.

But yes, it shows what a true fan you are, to go to the lenghts you had for a Libera concert.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
tom413
Gold Member

Post by tom413 »

Awesome story choiretto!

Should you get to another concert make sure to introduce yourself.
The Libera fanbase is a good group of people. Hanging out with them is almost as much fun as the concert!

----------------------------------------------------
@phlibera there were rumors in Canada that you may get your wish this fall. Hope it works out for you.
Rebecca (:
Platinum Member

Post by Rebecca (: »

tom413 wrote: Should you get to another concert make sure to introduce yourself.
The Libera fanbase is a good group of people. Hanging out with them is almost as much fun as the concert!
I agree!! :D I had a blast before the 2 concerts I went to!
sweetangel16
Silver Member

Post by sweetangel16 »

Rebecca (: wrote:
tom413 wrote: Should you get to another concert make sure to introduce yourself.
You sure did, darling :).
(Btw, I'm coming back on MSN tmr morning to chat with you. I got a surprise to tell you.)

Charmaine
choiretto

Post by choiretto »

Lexi wrote:GASP! Had we known, we would have given you a ride and gotten you a hotel room. No high schooler should be sleeping in the airport. :shock: You are a great fan, that's for sure! :D

Lauren
Hahah!! Thanks, Lauren! I really do appreciate your kind generosity, but I really wouldn't mind sleeping in that airport a few thousand times again (if only LIBERA came back....)!
About the high schooler part!
Well... maybe in my mind, I AM 16; otherwise, I look rather like a 23 year old!! :D
Oh yes! I'm a huge fan! 5'9!!!! :D
choiretto

Post by choiretto »

paul30003 wrote:I feel your pain, I had to do the same in JFK airport, and Lexi is right, no high schooler should be sleeping in an airport :shock:

I had a pretty rough night, and i'm used to sleeping in tents as I trek and camp wild a lot.

But yes, it shows what a true fan you are, to go to the lenghts you had for a Libera concert.
Thank you! :)
And though it WAS my first time away from home all by myself, I still really hope that no one feels sorry for me here.... You see, it was all WORTH IT!!!! I don't regret anything.... :)
My mother told me, before I left for the bus station:
"I am letting you go, only because I have some hope for your disappointment in this choir!"
She made me soooo mad then!!!!

And when I came back from Toronto, she asked:
"Well...?"
I then knew what she meant, so I answered:
"Impossible for a human being to explain...!", and left for bed. :lol:
But I didn't say that to make her mad; it was the purest, 100 percent truth that streamed straight out of my soul!!!!

Awwww, thank you! I appreciate that!
Being Libera's fan is truly an honor for me!!!! :)
choiretto

Post by choiretto »

tom413 wrote:Awesome story choiretto!

Thank you for your kindness! :)
Sure! It'll be my pleasure!!
Yes, I know some people from YouTube (that are also on here), and they're always a wonderful company!
Thank you all! :) I'm blessed to have such great friends!
choiretto

Post by choiretto »

Rebecca (: wrote:
Thanks, Rebecca! :)
Sue
Silver Member

Post by Sue »

Well done choiretto, we had the same thing with a german fan relate to the Epsom concert. Journey was to expensive for him, so we helped him & he could travel with us. Not always only the Libera group need donations, some Libera fans, too. And we should help others
choiretto

Post by choiretto »

Sue wrote:Well done choiretto, we had the same thing with a german fan relate to the Epsom concert. Journey was to expensive for him, so we helped him & he could travel with us. Not always only the Libera group need donations, some Libera fans, too. And we should help others
Thank you!
Oh! That was very nice of you...! :)
I'm glad that people still help each other out, as much as they can!
Benj
Silver Member

Post by Benj »

Sue wrote:Well done choiretto, we had the same thing with a german fan relate to the Epsom concert. Journey was to expensive for him, so we helped him & he could travel with us. Not always only the Libera group need donations, some Libera fans, too. And we should help others
That's so nice of you guys. And there other ways to help too. I once gave up my seat on a sold-out concert for someone who hasn't seen Libera live yet.
choiretto

Post by choiretto »

Benj wrote:That's so nice of you guys. And there other ways to help too. I once gave up my seat on a sold-out concert for someone who hasn't seen Libera live yet.
Oh wow! :shock: That's really kind....
Though that person had probably already thanked you,
THANK YOU again!!!! That was very nice of you, indeed! 8)
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

tom413 wrote:Awesome story choiretto!

----------------------------------------------------
@phlibera there were rumors in Canada that you may get your wish this fall. Hope it works out for you.
I actually enjoyed the many hours of queuing, as it gave me the chance to meet and chat to many friendly Libera fans from around the world. Going to Libera concerts is a very social activity, I look forward to meeting many people on here again soon I hope .
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

- Plato
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

paul30003 wrote:
I actually enjoyed the many hours of queuing, as it gave me the chance to meet and chat to many friendly Libera fans from around the world. Going to Libera concerts is a very social activity, I look forward to meeting many people on here again soon I hope .
It's the only time I get to talk to people about Libera in the real world - the first concert I went to I was very reluctant to join the queue and talk to people. In fact I positioned myself some distance away and watched Patrick typing away on his netbook for ages :lol: When I eventually plucked up the courage to take the plunge and join in it was quite painless. They didn't bite :wink:
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

Yorkie wrote:
paul30003 wrote:
It's the only time I get to talk to people about Libera in the real world - the first concert I went to I was very reluctant to join the queue and talk to people. In fact I positioned myself some distance away and watched Patrick typing away on his netbook for ages :lol: When I eventually plucked up the courage to take the plunge and join in it was quite painless. They didn't bite :wink:
Haha

Sounds like my story from St Georges, dident speak to anyone untill seated inside, when I spoke to LibLA which brough me here to this forum, as I was determined to look her up and say hi :)

- Plato