London Concert - 2nd December 2016

Talks and reviews about Libera concerts or public appearances

Moderator: Moderators

JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Re: London Concert - 2nd December 2106

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Glad you all managed to get the tickets you wanted in that initial mad rush. I doubt I'll be able to come this year but I do have memories of 3 concerts at St Georges, over the years. My personal favourite was when they had 'I'm Dreaming of Home' on the line-up and an exquisite solo of Corpus Christi Carol by a young TDL.

Not surprised tickets are selling fast... Let's face it Libera ---> Christmas ---> Central London... it's the must have ticket for December I would have thought!
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Premium seats sold out in 3 minutes and the remaining Nave seats are now about 75% sold. Just a reminder that there is no significant loss of sound quality in the side aisles and that large screen video displays will give an excellent view of the performance - including close ups. Don't miss it.
john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

Just noticed the date in the subject line. I don't think I'll be around 90 years from now. Only a few seats left in the central section. More on the sides but with 46 days to go I think this is sure to be a sell-out. Better get your tickets now if not already done so.
filiarheni
Gold Member

Post by filiarheni »

:lol: Well, Libera's music is medicine and as such seems to be life prolonging. Just wait and see ... another 90 years are possible now. :wink:

The church looks fine with so many seats sold.
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
paul
Site Admin

Post by paul »

john45 wrote:Just noticed the date in the subject line. I don't think I'll be around 90 years from now. Only a few seats left in the central section. More on the sides but with 46 days to go I think this is sure to be a sell-out. Better get your tickets now if not already done so.

Haha

Well done John. 4 weeks, and the error in the subject has only just been noticed. You sure are more keen eyed than most.
Joe Snelling Quote: "It's odd cuz my voice is low but I do quite a lot of the top notes"

"Music and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul"

- Plato
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

It appears that they are trying to create some hype before the concert by revealings some of the mini-boys on Twitter. Apparently all of the mini-boys are the brothers of the the older chorister behind them. We knew that there were groups of siblings in Libera, but I was not aware of quite this many!

Also on Instagram:

Caption: "Ball balancing is an essential Libera skill."

Caption: "My sword is as sharp as a pointy stick. #wearelibera"

Caption: "It's enough to make your hair stand on end...."
TimS_TheToolman

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

[quote="Surpinto"]It appears that they are trying to create some hype before the concert by revealings some of the mini-boys on Twitter. Apparently all of the mini-boys are the brothers of the the older chorister behind them. We knew that there were groups of siblings in Libera, but I was not aware of quite this many!

By my count this will make a total of 6 sets of brothers. One of those sets having 3 boys. :o
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Post by Yorkie »

just 60 tickets left - having the tv screens must be a huge help to selling those side aisle seats. Looks like it will be a sell out of over 740 seats :D
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Libera Brothers

Post by Amie_Hill »

It's seven sets of brothers if you count Josh (keyboards) and Matthew Madine.
JimmyRiddle
Diamond Member

Post by JimmyRiddle »

Yorkie wrote:just 60 tickets left - having the tv screens must be a huge help to selling those side aisle seats. Looks like it will be a sell out of over 740 seats :D
I was halfway back in 2013 and the TV screens made it a more fulfilling experience. Particularly as the camera operator at the time appeared to know who was singing the solo's and filmed it almost like a DVD. So the majority of those attending should have an idea of how the songs are being performed even if they don't have a natural line of sight to the stage.

I noticed that the last 50 of the side aisle seats towards the back on both sides were showing as 'booked'. So whether these are in reserve of those turning up on the day or taken for some other reason remains to be seen.
My Twitter; JimmyRiddlez
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

The concert is almost entirely sold out with less than two dozen tickets remaining unsold :shock:

With an entire month remaining before the concert it is now a certainty that the show will indeed be sold out. Is anyone aware of whether or not this has ever happened before in the UK? From what I remember the concert closest to Christmas is always fairly well attended, but I do not recollect any concerts that were sold out like this in advance. Is this a first for them in the UK?

Either way, this show promises to be very good as they have not toured since summer and have likely been rehearsing feverishly - I suspect the new music will also be featured at this concert. :D

Also, a new promotional tweet was put out with the following caption: "Our miniboys are looking forward to their first appearance on stage next month!"

john45
Gold Member

Post by john45 »

St. George's has been "sold out" three times before and Arundel once. I believe Christchurch was sold out on the day rather than in advance. Hundreds turned up to buy tickets at the door. Extra seats were required to accommodate them all. There have also been sell-outs in Japan and Canada.
TimS_TheToolman

Re: Libera Brothers

Post by TimS_TheToolman »

Amie_Hill wrote:It's seven sets of brothers if you count Josh (keyboards) and Matthew Madine.
Yes, I'm aware of the Madine brothers. They would make 7. I only counted those who are active choristers. Since Josh is no longer singing I didn't count them. Curious though, is there a set of cousins (Alvares, Madine, Menezes)? :?
Amie_Hill
Silver Member

Libera Brothers

Post by Amie_Hill »

My thinking is that Josh is still actively performing with the group. As far as I know, the Madine and Menezes brothers are cousins, but not of the Alvares boys. Or? Marc, I believe, is the cousin of former Libera singer Matthew Rangel-Alvares.
Surpinto
Platinum Member

Post by Surpinto »

john45 wrote:St. George's has been "sold out" three times before and Arundel once. I believe Christchurch was sold out on the day rather than in advance. Hundreds turned up to buy tickets at the door. Extra seats were required to accommodate them all. There have also been sell-outs in Japan and Canada.
:oops: I knew about the sell outs due to people showing up at the door, but was not aware of any sell outs this far in advance in the UK - I probably just forgot :oops: . Thank you for the correction. I knew about them selling out outside the UK though.

This concert will be well attended and I hope that those who go enjoy it immensely. :D