What are your Libera wishes?

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

filiarheni
Gold Member

What are your Libera wishes?

Post by filiarheni »

What are your personal wishes referring to Libera? No matter how unrealisable they are and how much you know some of them can never come true! Is there simply something you dream of?

I do - and my dreams (in no particular order) are:
  • Spending time with Robert to ask him myriads of questions and exchange opinions :idea: :D
  • Witnessing a complete regular rehearsal
    Hidden camera would be enough. Or a magic hood :wink:, because it should be no "show", but their real, normal rehearsal life with songs that are already on their way, but also with a brand-new song to see how they get started with it. This wish also covers soloist rehearsals.
    Ideally, I'd like to see a series of rehearsals to watch the development over the time.
  • Attending several Libera concerts within one trip. Two would be the absolute minimum, more are very welcome and no limit upwards of course. :mrgreen:
#title edited by Yorkie#
"But in the dark and cold of things there always, always something sings"
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Re: What are your Libera dreams?

Post by kinda_k00l »

Wow!! A thread for dreamy people like me!! 8)
I'll have to control myself so as not to explode like a bomb with all these wild dreams. :lol:

Okay here are mine (organized from the most likely ones to the most unrealistic ones):
  • Being able to attend their concerts (even one is fine) and getting an signed program or something, please please please please please!
  • Being (real) friends with the boys, they are just so adorable.
  • Watching a full normal rehearsal to see what it is like (plus to know some of the exercises & tricks they use *evil laugh*), and being able to talk to Mr. Prizeman about rehearsing stuff.
  • Getting them to hold a concert at my hometown or even more - sing at my parish for once, it would be super inspirational.
  • Getting them to make a Libera version of one of my own compositions (well, you said no matter how crazy it is, so... :oops: ), or becoming one of their staff - it also sounds nice hehe
  • Had been living in London when I was young and been a member of Libera myself (not that my childhood was not happy or something, but sometimes this thought crosses my mind) :roll:
Last edited by kinda_k00l on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
mike_madine

Post by mike_madine »

My only dreams I had was to:
  • Spend some time with a couple of the former members.
  • Go back in time and become a member of Libera. But I never lived in London, so that would have been impossible.
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Ahah I actually thought you were asking if we had dreams about Libera. While sleeping. :lol: And I did, a few weeks ago, during the USA tour. I dreamed they were asking for girls to become part of Libera, but they selected very few of them. And I was a kid in that dream, and get picked !
The very curious part was before the first concert, they had us all gathered in a room, wearing the white robes and we (yes, we :lol: ) had the quietest time you could have, following a few exercises on how to breath together like you're not a group but just one person. And it was soooo good to go on stage feeling so relax and connected to your friends, and so happy to be part of Libera, eventually.

* So yes, like some of you, my unrealistic dream would be to be a kid again and be part of the choir. Well of course it won't happen so, let's say... if I could be a part of the team ? Not happening either :roll:

* On a more realistic scale, I wish I could attend a concert that isn't the Christmas one, because I DO like Christmas songs but I'd like to hear some others ! :) (maybe Ely ?)

* And someday, to attend a concert in Asia on one of those big stages, it must be different from the churches atmosphere.

* Like filiarheni, attend two concerts or more in a row, maybe a full tour *_* If I must wait until I retire, I must pray Libera will still exist :lol: (I'm 23).

* I would really enjoy it if Libera started to tour in Europe... maybe in France even, and that would make it easier to show friends and family how good Libera is.
TullyBascombe
Platinum Member

Post by TullyBascombe »

I would like to attend a concert some day. I suppose I could retire. Well, no, I have no idea what I would do with myself. Hmmmm. Like I said I would like to attend one of their concerts one day.
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

I can definitely nod along to the desire to see them in a "normal" rehearsal. It'd be extra awesome to see their process as they unpack a brand new song.

As somebody who teaches young children to sing, I marvel at what the Libera singers are able to do with their voice. Their control, their interval mastery, etc. I am very, very proud of the children's choir I work with, but 2-part harmony can be a challenge, and 3-part harmony is out of the question. Granted, we only practice for 60 minutes a week, but still. The musical independence that Libera singers display is - as we all already know - truly next level. I am FLOORED at how Libera is able to get their young musicians to do the things they do.

Along those lines, I guess I'd also be curious to know about their enrollment / audition / recruitment process. What vocal and aural skills are "a must" for entry into the choir?

I have so many questions about their processes!!!
maartendas
Diamond Member

Post by maartendas »

Someone actually experienced this after the Vallendar concert: I would LOVE to sing with them once.
(singing in the congregation of St. Philip's sort of counts, though)

Other than that, for me too a concert in my parish is a long-time dream.
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Mark928

A Libera Dream

Post by Mark928 »

Does anyone else here have "Libera dreams"?

This was the first one I've had in quite a while.
On this occasion I didn't find myself in the choir singing - such occurrences in past dreams left me feeling quite out of place, as I cannot sing!

It was a small venue, somewhere in the UK.
Details are rather vague, I don't even recall any particular songs in their programme.
The audience attendance was small enough that the meet and greet involved the public sitting around a U-shaped table layout (much like St George's) whilst the choir members would walk around in an orderly fashion signing programmes.
I had neglected to buy a programme, and I believe I just had a piece of plain paper which the boys were signing!
The only boy I recognised was Tadhg.

Mr Prizeman was at a desk in one corner of the hall, chatting with a couple of people.

I remember they were giving out loyalty cards, much like certain shops and businesses here in the UK use.
It had space for 10 stamps - the assumption being that you go to 10 concerts and then get one free.
I was kicking myself because that would have been stamp #9 if I had used such a card from my first concert in 2007!

The dream unfortunately ended somewhat prematurely as all dreams do :cry:

So, who else has any Libera dreams to share here on Libera Dreams? :D
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

I already told a dream I've had in my previous message here.

But I've had quite a few just like you. Not only dreams when I'm part of the choir, but dreams about concerts too. Most of the time, the concert happens in a very small and non-famous place, that I would know and love... And so I would tell everyone I know and that lives around to go ! I dreamed about queueing for a loooong time (ahah that's realistic at least :lol: ).

And I had a very special dream about me being part of the Little Singers of Paris, but it was quite different from what you would expect from that choir. It was more like a mix of the Vienna Boychoir and the Saint-Marc Boychoir (from Les Choristes). And we (the choir) had a common concert with Libera, and so I dreamed about rehearsing together. There is some (strange) logic in that dream. I live in France so the Little Singers of Paris makes sense. And I was a kid in the dream, so the boys from Libera were those around my age (Joshua, Tom Cully, Mini-Ben...), that would have been part of Libera when I was a kid. :roll:
maartendas
Diamond Member

Re: A Libera Dream

Post by maartendas »

Mark928 wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:58 pm">6 years ago</span> Does anyone else here have "Libera dreams"?
Search the Forum, I shared some of mine a few years ago, I think it was in the Off Topic section or this one.
I recognise the kind of dream you describe :)

--edit: the topic I mentioned is here > http://forum.libera-dreams.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=851
You raise me high beyond the sky
Through stormy night lifting me above
Mark928

Post by Mark928 »

Quite an interesting collection of dreams you've had, so it seems - almost as many as me :wink:
Similarly, some expected experiences (meet and greet, meeting Mr Prizeman etc.) and more obscure events, such as actually singing with the choir.
I was persuaded to sing at school and college, and I had no passion for it whatsoever - I think my subconscious mind just mixes things up, with singers and audience changing places in the confusion!

Some people can become overly obsessed with dream analysis - dreams can be literal, or symbolic, but sometimes just full of crazy random stuff.
Always memorable though - the simplest things seeming to suggest a deeper spiritual meaning.

I used to dream about Libera far more frequently; perhaps the recent absence of these dreams is reflecting a loss of interest, or loss of novelty at least?
8 concerts, an M&G, chats with some of the boys as well as with Mr Prizeman - maybe my dreams have come true, and no longer need to be dreamed? :(
(Hope that doesn't sound like I'm bragging) :D

Maybe I need to eat more cheese before bed.....
Padmachou
Silver Member

Post by Padmachou »

Mark928 wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 pm">6 years ago</span> Maybe I need to eat more cheese before bed.....
Definitely. :lol: That makes sense. Well I know that dreaming of Libera being in concert around my place IS linked to my subconscious. The fact I've dreamed to be part of a famous choir when I was a kid too (but I am a GIRL and my parents thought there only were choirs for boys).

But yes, like you said, mostly random stuff. And I often fall asleep while listening to Libera, I think it matters too. Maybe you should try if you want to dream about them again ?
kinda_k00l
Silver Member

Post by kinda_k00l »

I've never actually dreamed about Libera, nor have I heard their music in my dreams. :?
I thought it was normal, but now I'm wondering why I haven't since I have been quite a crazy (and stalky) fan since the day I found them. My dreams are usually strange, and normally somewhat creepy (don't ask me why, but I kinda enjoy the creepy side :lol: ), so I'm glad Libera is not a part of them.
EDIT: I just realized that I did have a dream about Libera - the boys were yodeling (see, isn't that weird & creepy enough?) :lol: , but other than that, nothing.

Mark928 wrote: <span title="Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 pm">6 years ago</span> I used to dream about Libera far more frequently; perhaps the recent absence of these dreams is reflecting a loss of interest, or loss of novelty at least?
Or you're just becoming a not very dreamy fan (like I am lol).

Lucas wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:45 pm">6 years ago</span> As somebody who teaches young children to sing, I marvel at what the Libera singers are able to do with their voice. Their control, their interval mastery, etc. I am very, very proud of the children's choir I work with, but 2-part harmony can be a challenge, and 3-part harmony is out of the question. Granted, we only practice for 60 minutes a week, but still. The musical independence that Libera singers display is - as we all already know - truly next level. I am FLOORED at how Libera is able to get their young musicians to do the things they do.
I feel soooooo related to this! Libera seems to sing in an extremely light way (they do not push it much, even for the crazy high notes) - something I haven't heard in any children choirs before. My mixed children choir usually go with 2 harmony part, occasionally 3 harmony part pieces, but we usually go with the same arrangement for every verse, unlike Libera who often has a different arrangement for each verse. They even has 4 harmony parts at times. Truly amazing! :shock:

Lucas wrote: <span title="Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:45 pm">6 years ago</span> Along those lines, I guess I'd also be curious to know about their enrollment / audition / recruitment process. What vocal and aural skills are "a must" for entry into the choir?
I've heard somewhere that the audition is just to check the potential of the boys, because they are still too young to know how to handle their voices. I don't quite remember about this, but I think I've read that they are required to sing a scale (up & down), and a verse of a traditional hymn... :?:
Aliens: What does the humankind have that can be given out for the sake of the universe?
Me: *shows LIBERA, KALAFINA & DULCIS VOX :lol:*
ludwig1874
Silver Member

Post by ludwig1874 »

My dream is, that I get a private inside in a recording session of libera. I think, they do a lot of takes, until a song is finished. And I want hear the different Versions of a song, demo takes, different Versions until the final mix is ready. A Long making-off would be nice... or a documentary movie like this over the "Thomaner", which I own on DVD... And I wish to own a unreleased song only for me with Oliver as a solo-singer... :wink:
Mark928

Post by Mark928 »

ludwig1874 wrote: <span title="Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:39 pm">6 years ago</span> My dream is, that I get a private inside in a recording session of libera. I think, they do a lot of takes, until a song is finished. And I want hear the different Versions of a song, demo takes, different Versions until the final mix is ready. A Long making-off would be nice... or a documentary movie like this over the "Thomaner", which I own on DVD... And I wish to own a unreleased song only for me with Oliver as a solo-singer... :wink:
I don't recall Oliver having any solos yet, although he did have a starring role on the cover of the new calendar :D