New Libera Song and Album Databases

Talk about Libera here in.

Moderator: Moderators

Surpinto
Platinum Member

New Libera Song and Album Databases

Post by Surpinto »

The Furby of the French language Libera Passion forum has created several databases of all the Libera songs and albums ever performed with videos (where possible) and album information included. This is an amazing resource for us; just like his members list! It must have taken him many, many hours to make and I applaud his efforts. He included all of the stuff they did as St Phillip's boy's choir as well.

Depending on which database you look at he has included soloists, release dates, etc. This must have taken countless hours. Amazing job, Furby! :D Some of it is still a work in progress but this is still a Herculean effort on his part.
Last edited by Surpinto on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkie
Diamond Member

Re: New Libera Song and Album Databasea

Post by Yorkie »

Thank you Furby (or should I say merci beaucoup mon amie).

It is the level of hardwork and dedication that enriches the experience for all fans - Furby's photo id of the boys has helped me a huge amount of the years, I'd be lost without it.
If I’ve got owt to say I says it, and if I’ve got owt to ask I asks it.

Mercy & Love
andmar
Silver Member

Re: New Libera Song and Album Databases

Post by andmar »

WOW, thank you a lot Furby. It must have been a huge amount of work!

I always liked the members section of the Libera Passion site as it provides a comprehensive and structured information of the choristers, both current and previous. And now the section with albums and songs is impressive! Such a great source of information! Really good work! :D

Though, I have a tiny suggestion for the songs database. One thing I am missing there, is the information about different versions of the same song as numerous songs were recorded over the years with different soloists and sometimes in different arrangements. I would also appreciate it, if the song version information (recording year, soloists, Libera lineup) was included in the album info (so we would know, that song "A" is exactly the same on album "X" and "Y", but a different version of the song "A" is on the album "Z"). As the matter of fact, information like that is provided on the mawi's site http://www.libera-songs.de/ .

I write my suggestion here and hope it will get through to Furby, as my knowledge of French equals almost zero. :wink: